DC Studios THREAD - GunnVerse Begins - Chapter ONE: Gods & Monsters

Im watching Gotham for the first time. Starting on S4E18 cuz of Hulu :lol:

Jokers pretty good. Like him more than Leto. He blew the head of a cop on stage. I am pleased.

KRYPTON Has Found Its Lobo! Irish Actor Emmett J. Scanlan Will Play The Main Man In Season 2

According to THR, Irish actor Emmett J. Scanlan will portray "the ruthless bounty hunter who murdered his entire species."

This take on the popular DC Comics character is described as "a genius-level intellect when it comes to matters of warfare and is a deadly adversary. He has superhuman strength and is virtually immortal. Lobo's word is the only thing he hold sacred and although he'll never violate the letter of an agreement, he might disregard its spirit from time to time."

Despite Lobo making his live-action debut on Krypton, this report also confirms that Warner Bros. still has big-screen plans for the character, possibly with Michael Bay at the helm.

michael bay for a possible lobo film ....

giphy.gif

Have they changed Lobo's appearance in these recent comic books? Dude's way to hulking to be played by that frail Irish cat.

new52 lobo is slimmer

Lobo_D%20_kr.jpg

the dude playing will be fine though, he doesn't need to be body-builder type as long as they portray him right, plus it's not like dude is grant gustin skinny

gallery_soaps-tv-emmett-scanlan.jpg

:lol: @ that shot at Grant Gustin rfx45 rfx45

Anyway, eh it's Lobo. A bombastic headstrong character. Basicallly a symbol for white male machoism. Think he deserves Bay.

Worst case it's as bad as all his Transformers movies or its as funny as Pain or Gain.

Guess they're really pitting Quinn against DP in that lane.

Why did she specifically call out NY? :lol:

I just finished watching Superman Returns for the first time.

The film isn't terrible but it just drags so much. It's a total snoozefest.

Brandon Routh looked the part, but that's it.

SR was alright except they tried to relive Donners/Reeves too much, Routh almost a spitting image of Reeves

had Singer given the film a better villain that he could punch or at least have a better plan than making real estate (somewhat a rehash of Lex's plan in Donners film too) then the film could have been better

actually the film would have been 100x better if it ended 20-25min early and do not reveal that the kid is Supes son

I just finished watching Superman Returns for the first time.

The film isn't terrible but it just drags so much. It's a total snoozefest.

Brandon Routh looked the part, but that's it.
That's actually the signature skill of a trash Singer movie.

He's not gonna flat out give you some Fan4stic or BvS type atrocity. No. He lulls you in to a false sense of "oh this isn't that bad" and you may watch all of what is a very bland bad forgettable movie.

The key thing in it is you'll never have any urge to watch it again in a positive way. It'll be a long time and you'll just be checking back in to see if it is as bad as said.

Last edited:
DC Universe's Titans renewed for season 2 ahead of launch

The Titans will Go! on for another season.

Titans has been picked up for a second season on DC Universe, executive producer Geoff Johns announced during the show’s world premiere panel at New York Comic Con Wednesday evening. The news arrives about a week before the show’s official launch on DC’s subscription streaming service.

“We’re doing season 2 already,” Johns said during the panel. “That to me shows the faith that DC Universe has in the show and this amazing cast and the property. DC’s so supportive of it. To be able to get a season 2 greenlit now means we just get to keep talking about crazy ideas.”

Executive producer Akiva Goldsman added, “We’re blessed with this incredible cast that we have here on stage. We want to bring in more and more amazing actors and characters.”

Both Johns and Goldmsan teased that they’ll be drawing on the comics even more in season 2.

“We already know the story of season 2,” Johns said. “[New Teen Titans writer] Marv Wolfman will be very happy when we do season 2.”

“I don’t want to give anything away,” said Goldsman, “but there are some stories in the books that will appear in season 2.”

Although they didn’t confirm what stories they’ll be adapting, it sure sounds like they’re hinting at “The Judas Contract,” the definitive Teen Titans story from Wolfman and George Pérez’s run on New Teen Titans. In case you aren’t familiar with it, this four-part story brought the team’s ongoing conflict with Slade, a.k.a. Deathstroke, to a major climax and featured violence, betrayal, and interpersonal drama.

Promising a grittier take on the popular teen superhero group, Titans follows Robin (Brenton Thwaites) as he teams up with Raven (Teagan Croft), Beast Boy (Ryan Potter), and Starfire (Anna Diop) to stop a demonic evil threatening the world.

“The first season does take our Titans on a journey as they unlock the mystery of Rachel,” Johns told EW recently. “Harkening to the original comics, the first storyline was really about Raven and how she brought these characters together, and we have a similar connection. [Raven] is kind of the sun that everyone revolves around.”

It takes a while for the Titans to team up on the show, so both Thwaites and Croft came to cherish the scenes that featured all four Titans. “All the cast is so lovely that I was very excited whenever we all came together because it meant I could talk to my friends,” Croft told EW.

Thwaites added: “[The most exciting parts were] those large scenes where we were all together trying to figure out what to do because to me it’s an ensemble show, and the most enjoyment came from working with the actors and connecting with them. I feel like toward the end when Donna Troy [Conor Leslie] and other characters were introduced, and we had this real solid team of actors and people and characters, it felt like there was more of a force, and a little more positivity behind the show.”

some reactions:

sounds great. been a while since i seen a marvel show. think i was halfway through defenders when i stopped. need to get catched up on that then will check out titans

Back
Top Bottom