DC Studios THREAD - GunnVerse Begins - Chapter ONE: Gods & Monsters

I figured this would happen eventually.

Change the the thread title rfx45 rfx45 ! Suicide Squad 2 might actuay be good.

I mean there's a difference between a person who makes corny jokes on Twitter for shock value and a person proven to be sexually attracted to children
Yeah it's crazy to me ppl cant make this distinction and purposely jump to call dude a pedo.

Remind me of some thos extreme women who are grouping rapists like Cosby with guys who get cat call
It’s a win win for WB at this point...They know people will turn out to watch either out of curiosity or because they felt slighted by Disney firing the guy...IF that movie ends up being a success then WB might give him the Snyder treatment...We all know how they like to hitch their wagon to a single director (Snyder / Nolan)...

Though the other James (Wan) might take the tip if Aquaman is a hit...He is doing the Swamp Thing stuff so who knows...

Anyway my larger point is if they do turn things over to James (Gunn) then would y’all be down for a full on DC Universe helmed by the guy?
I still dont think it's a good idea to give a single director the reigns of an entire cinematic universe making it so other directors sorta have to follow suit in tone and feel.

Last edited:
Do people forget comedians make pedo jokes too? We also had an nt’er whose gimmick was being a pedo (despairsray / d-ray) and there was pedo bear who made us laugh. Like others have said, jokes are very different from actually doing what the jokes are about.

they didn't really hand nolan a universe, he just made a single trilogy for a property and that was it

they tried giving the DCEU to him but he said no and it ended up on Snyder so it is far from a routine and I don't think they'll give it to a single director

I mean there's a difference between a person who makes corny jokes on Twitter for shock value and a person proven to be sexually attracted to children
And there’s a correlation between people who constantly keep it as a “joke”, so much so that his last job dropped him with millions of dollars on the table, and people who do it. You guys think what you want

All that said who you guys think he’ll cast Batista as? Killer Croc, Bane, KGBeast, King Shark?

And there’s a correlation between people who constantly keep it as a “joke”, so much so that his last job dropped him with millions of dollars on the table, and people who do it. You guys think what you want
There's a correlation between those who joke about pedophilia and actual pedophiles? Since when? :lol:

You know how easy it would be to capture pedophiles if that were true?

Last edited:
Those were over a decade ago. The man has clearly paid for his words regretted them. Do you not believe in second chances? The jokes were bad he paid for him but even Feige went to bat for him for Disney to keep him. Give him a a shot

batista for bane

Suicide-Squad-Raise-the-Flag-8-2008.jpg

lol @ bautista acting like a thot

i loved both guardians movies and super so if it sticks this suicide squad should be way better than the first. thats if it sticks. you know dc.

id just keep will smith harley quinn and that magyver guy and cast all new people

I wonder how some of these actors for these DC films feel
when they wake up every morning to some **** about their films. I hope they not too attached cause it seems like most of their jobs aint safe

speaking of bane...

DC Comics’ ‘Secret Six’ in Development as Drama Series at CBS With Production Commitment

CBS is developing a drama series based on the DC Comics property “Secret Six,” Variety has learned.

The project, which has received a pilot production commitment at the network, follows six morally ambiguous strangers, each with their own unique specialties and secret pasts. They are brought together by an enigmatic figure who blackmails them into working as a team to expose the corruption of the corporate and political elite.

Various DC Comics characters have been members of the Secret Six over the years, including Bane, Harley Quinn, Lex Luthor, the Mad Hatter, and the Penguin. There is no word yet, however, on which characters would appear in the series.

Rick Muirragui will write and executive produce, with Bill Lawrence and Jeff Ingold executive producing via Doozer Productions. Warner Bros. Television, where Doozer is under an overall deal, will produce.

Muirragui most recently worked as a co-executive producer and writer on USA Network’s hit drama “Suits.” His previous credits also include “Men of a Certain Age,” “The Good Guys,” “Charmed,” and “Past Life.” He is repped by UTA and Hansen Jacobson.

Lawrence is best known for creating the hit comedy series “Scrubs.” He also recently worked with CBS to develop “Rush Hour” as a series starring Justin Hires and Jon Foo. His other credits include “Spin City,” “Cougar Town,” and “Undateable.” Lawrence and Doozer Productions are repped by ICM and Morris Yorn.

DC has enjoyed a robust TV business in recent years, with five DC shows currently airing on The CW. That includes “Supergirl,” which originally aired on CBS. “Gotham” is also prepping its last season on Fox, while Syfy airs the Superman prequel series “Krypton.” DC also launched the streaming service DC Universe in September, with its first live-action offering “Titans” set to launch on Oct. 12.

Aquaman looks cool but naturally im apprehensive

I thought there was no way GL could suck and well....

I will say atlantis looks like some over the top disney fantasy **** and the chick with the red hair remind me of a live action little mermaid

cinematography and action looked sharp though

we shall see

Aquaman looks cool but naturally im apprehensive

I thought there was no way GL could suck and well....

I will say atlantis looks like some over the top disney fantasy **** and the chick with the red hair remind me of a live action little mermaid

cinematography and action looked sharp though

we shall see
Idk if Aquaman is going to be mind blowing, but it actually looks like it'll be good

I wonder how some of these actors for these DC films feel
when they wake up every morning to some **** about their films. I hope they not too attached cause it seems like most of their jobs aint safe
They have the luxury of having numerous other roles to do or pursue. The good one's and those that have good agents at least.

Back
Top Bottom