DC Studios THREAD - GunnVerse Begins - Chapter ONE: Gods & Monsters

Just watched this film. The opening sequence should have used players from the WNBA and Women’s soccer. In fact all of the action scenes should have used those real amazons.

How could Bruce have known about her if Wonder Woman was knocking out all the security cameras with her tiara everytime she fought?

being she the daughter of zeus and how theyre just making up powers for her, surprise they didnt give he emp pulse powers, like clang her writlets and it just shutsdowns every electronics in the mile radius

Got to check out WW84 last night:
It was okay, but I was also disappointed. CGI was bad, the flying/floating/gliding looked real unnatural. If you're swinging from lightning bolt to lightning bolt, can't tell me there's not some momentum.. She randomly got immunity to electricity? K. Cheetah (pre-final form) washes WW, then wishes to be apex predator, (gets cheetah final form) proceeds to get washed.. It should have been she wishes to be like WW, barely loses, wishes to be apex predator, wins, then final battle, loses. It was also a standalone story, not much development into the DC universe/world. The only thing I noticed that they mentioned there are other materials from elsewhere that are special (like the stone), which opens up for some cool stuff they're exploring in current comics (dark multiverse, Nth metal)

K. Cheetah (pre-final form) washes WW, then wishes to be apex predator, (gets cheetah final form) proceeds to get washed.. It should have been she wishes to be like WW, barely loses, wishes to be apex predator, wins, then final battle, loses.
She only washed WW the first time cuz Diana was losing her powers after making her wish. That's why she also bled from that bullet wound.

Diana renounced her wish and got all her power back, put on the suit and easily washed cat lady.

She only washed WW the first time cuz Diana was losing her powers after making her wish. That's why she also bled from that bullet wound.

Diana renounced her wish and got all her power back, put on the suit and easily washed cat lady.

Barbs motivation for turning evil was that she didn’t wanna stop dressing like a *** and wear contacts.

Barbs motivation for turning evil was that she didn’t wanna stop dressing like a *** and wear contacts.
None of that made sense really. She was a truly weak crafted villain with no real stakes.

She made her wish on the stone. Could've left after that.

At least for now, Mr. Snyder is not part of the new DC Films blueprint, with studio executives describing his HBO Max project as a storytelling cul-de-sac — a street that leads nowhere.

Good :lol:

They're cowards (and stupid) if true.

Last edited:
kristen wiig as an apex predator super villain was a terrible casting choice. i kinda enjoyed the first wonder woman but this one, not so much.

Could it be risky because the properties may not be as popular?
Like Black Panther and Captain Marvel were?

**** Suicide Squad and Shazam definitely are and those movies got made.

Them boys cowards. Seems like the same racist and sexist thinking group behind the scenes.

At least for now, Mr. Snyder is not part of the new DC Films blueprint, with studio executives describing his HBO Max project as a storytelling cul-de-sac — a street that leads nowhere.

Good :lol:

Don't get too excited. If ZSJL is a hit for HBO Max they are definitely going for a sequel. AT&T supersedes WB and forced them to invest in the snyder cut.

I think we have enough evidence now that quality will push an unpopular comic book property over. Guardians of Galaxy was a huge hit and tons of people claim Shazam! is the best DCU movie.

I haven't see enough of Static Shock but Batgirl is clearly aimed for feminists. For how loud that group is, do they even support shows like these?

Don't get too excited. If ZSJL is a hit for HBO Max they are definitely going for a sequel. AT&T supersedes WB and forced them to invest in the snyder cut.
It won't be.

Especially if you're talking about a hit for Max based on how much they spent to finish this. On top of Snyder trying to get this in theaters.

Also you're talking like it wasnt AT&T that put Hamada in charge of DC after everything.

I ain't worried.

The end soon come

I think we have enough evidence now that quality will push an unpopular comic book property over. Guardians of Galaxy was a huge hit and tons of people claim Shazam! is the best DCU movie.
To be fair GOTG was made after the MCU was well established. They were comfortably at a point where they could release something unconventional (same for ant man and doctor strange). Wonder Woman is literally the only film they had that was a standalone sequel and they greenlit the third one so I'd be puzzled if they had an issue with a female lead for their films moving foward.

I didn't know people even felt Shazam like that. Figured the whole reason theirs a sequel is because the hardest working actor in America is in it

Last edited:
Like Black Panther and Captain Marvel were?

**** Suicide Squad and Shazam definitely are and those movies got made.

Them boys cowards. Seems like the same racist and sexist thinking group behind the scenes.
Very possible, although I thought the reason Cyborg got added to JL was for them to increase diversity in the first place. SS aint **** a but a vehicle for Harley Quinn so I can't I agree with that example Ah well we shall see how stuff is released
I haven't see enough of Static Shock but Batgirl is clearly aimed for feminists. For how loud that group is, do they even support shows like these?
I think your referring to Batwoman, that's an entirely different character altogether

Last edited:
Got to check out WW84 last night:
It was okay, but I was also disappointed. CGI was bad, the flying/floating/gliding looked real unnatural. If you're swinging from lightning bolt to lightning bolt, can't tell me there's not some momentum.. She randomly got immunity to electricity? K. Cheetah (pre-final form) washes WW, then wishes to be apex predator, (gets cheetah final form) proceeds to get washed.. It should have been she wishes to be like WW, barely loses, wishes to be apex predator, wins, then final battle, loses. It was also a standalone story, not much development into the DC universe/world. The only thing I noticed that they mentioned there are other materials from elsewhere that are special (like the stone), which opens up for some cool stuff they're exploring in current comics (dark multiverse, Nth metal)
I forget when but it was mentioned in the movie that Zeus was her dad [\Spoiler]

Back
Top Bottom