DC Studios THREAD - GunnVerse Begins - Chapter ONE: Gods & Monsters

Detective Batman in full effect

Loved the music all throughout the film. Especially in the beginning when they were teasing Batman and the first appearance of Catwoman

Loved how they got straight into the plot. All the actors were great in their roles. Pattinson as Brucr I’m still not all the in for yet

Great plot all throughout.

9.5 / 10
Also loved the look of Gotham and the police work between Batman and Gordon. Probably his best portrayal yet.

Riddler reveal scene
view~2.jpeg

It wasn't necessary but they were teasing us for the next villain
At first people thought it was Harvey Dent but then it could've been the Joker. They were teasing us.

So stay all the way through the end of the credits or anything extra happens before then?

not worth it especially if you gotta go to the bathroom :lol: there's no extra scene

it just types goodbye and then theres a quick link to the riddler website theyve been using in the marketing iirc

speaking mid-credit scene info though, when you google it, CBR has got to be the biggest troll of all... they have all of the following just to say ... "no" :lol:

Does The Batman Have an End-Credits Scene?​

Matt Reeves' The Batman opens this weekend to high expectations. But is there a post-credits scene to set up a sequel?

Post-credit scenes have become more and more popular in recent years. Ever since Iron Man in 2008, fans completely expect MCU films to have one, if not multiple, stingers after the credits have rolled. It’s no surprise, then, that DC has followed in Marvel’s footsteps and started utilizing similar scenes to tie its films together. But does DC's latest superhero outing, The Batman, have a post-credits scene of its own?

Directed by Matt Reeves, The Batman stars Robert Pattinson in his first appearance as the classic Caped Crusader. However, Pattinson’s character won’t be inexperienced in his vigilantism. That’s because, unlike most Batman stories, Reeves’ film will not focus on the hero’s origin story. Instead, Pattinson’s Batman will be in his second year of fighting crime and corruption in Gotham.

Pattinson is joined by a plethora of top actors. Zoë Kravitz plays Catwoman, and her relationship/partnership with Batman is full of undeniable tension. Alongside the crime-fighting duo are Jeffrey Wright (Lt. James Gordon) and Andy Serkis (Alfred Pennyworth). There are also plenty of shady characters for that bunch to investigate, including Colin Farrell (Penguin), John Turturro (Crime Lord Carmine Falcone) and Peter Sarsgaard (Gil Colson).

The Batman’s primary antagonist, however, will be Paul Dano’s Riddler. Like his comic book counterpart, The Ridder is impressively smart and enjoys leading Batman along with, well, riddles. Trailers have revealed that The Riddler knows Batman’s secret identity, and he that he will use that information as a kind of blackmail to ensure that the Dark Knight investigates the specific corruption that he has identified with Gotham’s elite.

Riddler leads Batman on an investigation that rocks him to his core and greatly influences both Bruce Wayne and his vigilante alter-ego. And with that being the case, it would make perfect sense for a post-credits scene to give fans a hint of what’s coming in a potential sequel. Unfortunately, that’s not the case. Rest assured, though, while there isn’t a post-credits scene, there will surely be plenty of mind-blowing moments before the credits roll.

not worth it especially if you gotta go to the bathroom :lol: there's no extra scene

it just types goodbye and then theres a quick link to the riddler website theyve been using in the marketing iirc

speaking mid-credit scene info though, when you google it, CBR has got to be the biggest troll of all... they have all of the following just to say ... "no" :lol:

That’s exactly why I asked. Article was suggested to me on FB but I wasn’t trying to click that and everybody was saying they were wildin’ for that article. All I was looking for was just a yes or no in the comments and no luck, so I asked here:lol:

Just got out.

8/10.

Def not better TDK but still very good.

The cinematography and music was phenomenal.

Edward Cullen as Batman was good too. Played a great Bruce Wayne.

so 3 things I noticed.

1. Joker at the end?

2. Did batman use some steroid serum to get extra boost?? Just like Bane?

3. Gotham is flooded... No Mans Land coming with Mr Freeze?

so 3 things I noticed.

1. Joker at the end?

2. Did batman use some steroid serum to get extra boost?? Just like Bane?

3. Gotham is flooded... No Mans Land coming with Mr Freeze?

on second viewing, i noticed the steroid and with it being green, defintiely an ester to bane

also noticed the reporters last name is elliott and then he was offered hush money... hush's last name is elliott so that could be in the sequel with the joker

strong 6/10 imo....
imout!...

i can see it, my brother hated it

and matt reeves admitted it, to make a blockbuster film (with some budget) its got to be an IP and he wanted to do a detective/psychological crime thriller and made Batman fit into it

which i thought it turned out great while my brother did not, this is one film we disagree a lot on, for example he thought there was no chemistry between cats and bats, i thought they were great...

That’s silly. They had great chemistry. We’re just not getting the playboy Bruce yet.

I can agree on that…the first kiss was so random they were still conplete strangers at that time.
But all in all was a good movie….up there with tdk but my only gripe was the costume…..he seemed do tiny compared to the cops and bad guys not in any body armor.

i think where tdk also has an edge is the dialogue, nolan just has a lot of memorable qoutes (mostly from the joker) while this one not so much

you can make a drinking game for the word "jesus", it was like the go to word for every shocked or in awe reaction :lol:

Loved it. 🔥🔥🔥

Loved the tone. Not quite the gritty level of Joker, but grittier than Nolan.
Joker was sewer level Gotham
Nolan was shiny decadent level Gotham
This was Seven level Gotham, right down to the constant rain. Uncomfortable. Depressing, but not Joker level depressing.

Some gorgeous shots. Lil too much slow motion sideways silent stare entrance from Bats, but he's supposed to look cool so I get it.

His suit musta been upgraded since he took about 47 bullets without a drop of blood.

Great detective noir feel. The Riddles and cyphers were great. 3 hours went quick. It kept you guessing/thinking along with the clues. Def Seven vibe with the notebooks.

The score.....I might be crazy but I swear there was a slowed down Imperial March tone a couple times. That ominous layer but not outright note for note. Maybe it's just me.

Dano. 👏👏👏👏 Creepy mother******. Prisoners level Riddler. Genius stuff. But folks.....dozens of shooters.......whoa boy WB gonna catch some heat for that. I def squirmed in my seat a lil. But real stakes there from Riddler. He had the whole city shook. Him and Joker as a duo would be :wow:

I need to watch again and digest but I love the route they went. I wonder if it would have been the same with Affleck. I really wonder. Pat did his thing. 8 lines of dialogue in 3 hours, but he can sit still with his jaw clenched standing at an angle perfectly. Honestly, I don't mean that in a bad way, but let's be real here. He didn't say much. Ben likely would have talked a lot. Iono. Gotta digest.

I'm good with a Reevesverse or as a solo ala Joker. I'm happy either way. It was a helluva ride.

7.95/8

affleck wouldnt have worked because his bruce had a social life

action would have been weird and awkward too, batfleck works well with snyders type of action but this ones grounded similar to nolans and look more brutal in an mma type level not in a superhero type of way like snyders

i saw the reviews that said battinson didnt speak much but i was surprised he did, he spoke in almost all scenes but he also stared a lot as he observed and absorbed everything in a brooding way but he spoke a lot not to mention the narration in the beginning and the end, definitely a lot more than 8 lines :lol:

there just arent the one-liners we’ve been used to

Well that was trash.

Easily my least favorite Batman movie ever. Felt like I was watching a lame not good version of Sin City with an Edward that lost his Bella.

Graphic novel flicks just aren’t my thing. Happy for all of y’all that liked it though - what keeps movies interesting.

Edit: The Dark Knightmare

I kind of felt like the riddler's riddles were lame.

I was expecting something to be more thought provoking for both batman and the audience.

the thumb drive riddle was funny though. I liked that one.

also the car chase scene has to be the best one out of all the batman movies

Back
Top Bottom