DC Studios THREAD - GunnVerse Begins - Chapter ONE: Gods & Monsters

Well that was trash.

Easily my least favorite Batman movie ever. Felt like I was watching a lame not good version of Sin City with an Edward that lost his Bella.

Graphic novel flicks just aren’t my thing. Happy for all of y’all that liked it though - what keeps movies interesting.

Edit: The Dark Knightmare
I have a couple close friends that I know will feel that way. I'm holding back from sharing my enthusiasm as I know many aspects of the film they will not appreciate or aren't their thing. The Dark Knightmare would have been a cool title.

With that said, was it truly your least favorite Batman movie? Below Joel Schumacher's nipple Bat suit & neon glow Gotham films.
Batsuit-660255_650_511.jpg

Last edited:
Will watch eventually. Want to see if these versions of penguin and riddler are better than DeVito Da Gawd and jim carrey. This movie isn't connected to the snyder or gunn stuff but a peacemaker cameo would've been funny.

I’ll go down and say this is my favorite Batman film.

TDK is great but I only truly care for the Joker moments. This was great all around.

Had to come to terms last night and admit to myself this might just be my favorite Batman film :lol: if not it’s top 3 hands down on any given day.

There’s so much upside from here too. They really did it.

Watched this in IMAX last night and was very impressed with the film, visuals were amazing and I really liked the dark tone in this one. That car chase scene was very well done and I also liked how the batmobile was more subdued in this one compared to previous iterations. Club scenes are always great in IMAX too as you feel the bass and in this one the scenes had you on edge.

I could see a sequel getting made but also wouldn't be mad if they left it as a standalone.

7.5/8 for me.

Had to come to terms last night and admit to myself this might just be my favorite Batman film :lol: if not it’s top 3 hands down on any given day.

There’s so much upside from here too. They really did it.
It was just really good to see Detective Batman and for him to not solely rely on his gadgets. It felt like a noir film at times.

Forgot to mention but the opening was great. I liked how they painted that people feared Batman and how they were scared to go in the shadows. The music went great with that as well. Set the tone of the film.

Also liked the musical selections whenever Batman had no dialogue.

Last edited:
The cinematography and sound/score in this film is great. Truly great. A lot of depth for a "comic book movie".

Farrell as Penguin was really good too. The chemistry between everyone involved was top notch. Early Bruce is kind of a pain, but you can see them set him up for later playboy/gotta play the game Bruce lol.

The cinematography and sound/score in this film is great. Truly great. A lot of depth for a "comic book movie".

Farrell as Penguin was really good too. The chemistry between everyone involved was top notch. Early Bruce is kind of a pain, but you can see them set him up for later playboy/gotta play the game Bruce lol.
I'm still iffy on Pattinson as Bruce. Not sure if he has the look or charisma to play the playboy how it should be done. Maybe its the emo hair that distracts me a bit.

I'm still iffy on Pattinson as Bruce. Not sure if he has the look or charisma to play the playboy how it should be done. Maybe its the emo hair that distracts me a bit.
I can see your concerns. He's just playing early Bruce/Bats. They mentioned he hasn't done anything philanthropic etc. so maybe after this one he realizes he has to play that game some too. Do it both for money and to work that side of "helping Gotham" etc.

I'd like to this Patterson can turn the Playboy on if needed. We'll see. Gotta trim up that Emo hair haha

I can see your concerns. He's just playing early Bruce/Bats. They mentioned he hasn't done anything philanthropic etc. so maybe after this one he realizes he has to play that game some too. Do it both for money and to work that side of "helping Gotham" etc.
I'm sure they'll go that route. I'm just concerned on if Pattinson can pull that part of Bruce off acting wise. He often plays the soft spoken, shy guy

maybe cus of how i see john turturro, he didn't fit the part...
he's not imposing at all...theater was packed, but dead as $#@%...not even at that last reveal*... that laugh was weak too.. MarvelSux MarvelSux
again, that penguin makeup alone needs some kinda nomination...

dudes been in a lot of crappy adam sandler movies playing someone goofy but you got to watch dude in his serious roles especially in those spike lee
joints

i thought he was great

Back
Top Bottom