DC Studios THREAD - GunnVerse Begins - Chapter ONE: Gods & Monsters

I wonder if a Batmobile, Batbike chase scene is mandatory in every Batman film

i like it that they dont hsy away from the eyelines/eye shadow and kind of emphasizes it on the film instead of it magically disappearing once bats takes off the mask

also wish we saw a bit more of how the glider worked, the shot was too close up and it was one of the cooler parts of the film (not a spoiler since this was all over the trailers)

3.jpeg

2.jpeg
1.jpeg

5.jpeg

6.jpeg

4.jpeg

Just got out of it. It was a great movie. The 3 hours did not feel like 3 hours. Like everyone said, detective Batman was awesome. I thought they did a lot of interesting things. A lot of cool choices. The grittiness the noir how he had been doing it but he was still very inexperienced The realism in a lot of places. I thought the ending was interesting and I'm surprised they want that route. Pretty bold but respect. Overall. It was really really good. Good, I liked it a lot. I'll need some time to think how I compare it to the Nolan Batman, but I thought they did a great great job and Matt Reeves delivered. Kudos

i like it that they dont hsy away from the eyelines/eye shadow and kind of emphasizes it on the film instead of it magically disappearing once bats takes off the mask
My son made this observation, he loved they showed that because it adds a layer of realism and a level of darkness. He also said it's like a part of the costume that stays with him.

Loved it. 🔥🔥🔥

Loved the tone. Not quite the gritty level of Joker, but grittier than Nolan.
Joker was sewer level Gotham
Nolan was shiny decadent level Gotham
This was Seven level Gotham, right down to the constant rain. Uncomfortable. Depressing, but not Joker level depressing.

Some gorgeous shots. Lil too much slow motion sideways silent stare entrance from Bats, but he's supposed to look cool so I get it.

His suit musta been upgraded since he took about 47 bullets without a drop of blood.

Great detective noir feel. The Riddles and cyphers were great. 3 hours went quick. It kept you guessing/thinking along with the clues. Def Seven vibe with the notebooks.

The score.....I might be crazy but I swear there was a slowed down Imperial March tone a couple times. That ominous layer but not outright note for note. Maybe it's just me.

Dano. 👏👏👏👏 Creepy mother******. Prisoners level Riddler. Genius stuff. But folks.....dozens of shooters.......whoa boy WB gonna catch some heat for that. I def squirmed in my seat a lil. But real stakes there from Riddler. He had the whole city shook. Him and Joker as a duo would be :wow:

I need to watch again and digest but I love the route they went. I wonder if it would have been the same with Affleck. I really wonder. Pat did his thing. 8 lines of dialogue in 3 hours, but he can sit still with his jaw clenched standing at an angle perfectly. Honestly, I don't mean that in a bad way, but let's be real here. He didn't say much. Ben likely would have talked a lot. Iono. Gotta digest.

I'm good with a Reevesverse or as a solo ala Joker. I'm happy either way. It was a helluva ride.

7.95/8

Still chewin on stuff.......

I liked that the light hurt his eyes. :lol: Dude put sun glasses on in his house.

At the end, I just kinda felt bad for Batman. Dude puts in work, and in the end, he puts Riddler right next to another insane terrorist which makes them both even more diabolical and dangerous goin forward.
Just one of them put the city in shambles, now they just gon level up.

I appreciated the way they went back, but didn't feel the need to Martha us again, I was terrified we was gonna see them pearls scatterin again. :smh: But it was a weird mix of he'd been doin it for 2 years, yet the first dudes he faces, the guy didn't know who/what he was. But then he mentions them fearing the bat signal......somethin not really tight there. Minor issue, nothin that takes away from the film, just somethin I was kinda wonderin about.

And as far as me jokin about the 8 lines of dialogue, I know he did have the Monologue too. But he can film that in his pajamas after a couple of 8 balls and cashin a few more Edward Cullen royalties. Those are different than actual lines with other characters. Truth be told, I liked the monologue part of things. Was an interesting spin. Tryin to picture what Bale would have sounded like if they tried that.

Dude was passed out in a police station, surrounded by a hundred cops, and they ain't take his mask off? :lol:
And.......didn't Riddler completely blow up his spot anyways? I mean......the only guy who doesn't know it's Bruce is Gordon. :lol:

One last minor detail......he starts the Batmobile. It roars loud as hell. He hits the gas, and it goes like a foot and stops, and the camera angle changes, then it goes back to him stompin on it. Huh???? Anyone else notice that?

I might hit a matinee tomorrow and try to pick up a few more pieces I may have missed. Still high off it from last night. Really really fun ride.

I appreciated the way they went back, but didn't feel the need to Martha us again, I was terrified we was gonna see them pearls scatterin again. :smh: But it was a weird mix of he'd been doin it for 2 years, yet the first dudes he faces, the guy didn't know who/what he was. But then he mentions them fearing the bat signal......somethin not really tight there. Minor issue, nothin that takes away from the film, just somethin I was kinda wonderin about.

And as far as me jokin about the 8 lines of dialogue, I know he did have the Monologue too. But he can film that in his pajamas after a couple of 8 balls and cashin a few more Edward Cullen royalties. Those are different than actual lines with other characters. Truth be told, I liked the monologue part of things. Was an interesting spin. Tryin to picture what Bale would have sounded like if they tried that.

One last minor detail......he starts the Batmobile. It roars loud as hell. He hits the gas, and it goes like a foot and stops, and the camera angle changes, then it goes back to him stompin on it. Huh???? Anyone else notice that?

I might hit a matinee tomorrow and try to pick up a few more pieces I may have missed. Still high off it from last night. Really really fun ride.

the bat signal scene was amazing i thought, its not that they feared the signal, it more like reminds them that batman could be at any dark corner ready to pounce on them and makes them hesitate, that was a great set up to the whole film and how fear is his symbol

its also juxtaposed with the ending, when he was trying to pull them in the water, the mayor was still hesitant but in the end he was there in the morning helping out the citizens and showed that its not all about fear

as for the dialogue, when you catch it on a rewatch, you'll see he has a lot of conversations with gordon and catwoman, he had two conversations with flacone, with alfred, etc... if you really think about it, he talked a lot but he is that silent type that let other talk and talk and he would chime in here and there but he had plenty of dialogue

the batmobile jumping a bit, i viewed as an intimidation tactic, it did look like it broke down for a sec but it was definitely to scare penguin

i hope it gets some weapon upgrade in the sequel

Still chewin on stuff.......

I liked that the light hurt his eyes. :lol: Dude put sun glasses on in his house.

At the end, I just kinda felt bad for Batman. Dude puts in work, and in the end, he puts Riddler right next to another insane terrorist which makes them both even more diabolical and dangerous goin forward.
Just one of them put the city in shambles, now they just gon level up.

Dude was passed out in a police station, surrounded by a hundred cops, and they ain't take his mask off? :lol:
And.......didn't Riddler completely blow up his spot anyways? I mean......the only guy who doesn't know it's Bruce is Gordon. :lol:

Are you talking about the gang on the subway? They were on the train, that's why they didn't see the bat signal."

Last edited:
The interogation scene where Batman was spoked because he thought Riddler knew his identity was perfect. Pattinson is great with his facial expressions.

I was a little tight at first because I'm tired of villains easily deducing the identity of these heroes.

I really enjoyed this, good detective noir thriller but with Batman and the world of Gotham. Good ****, good one off. Hope DC doesn't do that **** where "oh that worked? Now everything must be that tone". Coming off that useless snyderverse they have a real chance to keep telling stories with good individual vision. For now i'll give it a 6.8/8.

Movie was really dope
Stupid question but just trying to confirm. That was joker with riddler at the end right?
Just wish they would have this Batman or a single Batman with the dceu

‘The Batman’ Currently Soaring To $110M Opening After $55M Friday

FRIDAY UPDATE 6:16PM: Comscore is back online, with numbers trickling in and industry estimates are seeing at least $110M for The Batman over three days after what is expected to be a $55M Friday (including previews). The anticipation by many is that these numbers for the near-three hour movie should grow. As of this minute, Batman is the 6th best opening for March after Beauty and the Beast ($174.7M), Batman v. Superman ($166M), Captain Marvel ($153.4M), The Hunger Games ($152.5M) and Alice in Wonderland ($116.1M).

This is a fantastic result not only for the industry; the biggest opening to date in 2022, but it’s also a big comeback for Warner Bros. as they return to a 45-day theatrical window after implementing a day-and-date theatrical HBO Max strategy during the pandemic last year. The last big opening for Warner Bros. on a pure theatrical window was Joker in Oct. 2019 which debuted to $96.2M stateside and became the biggest grossing R-rated movie worldwide with $1.07 billion.

Yes, by pandemic standards, The Batman‘s first day is the second best behind Spider-Man: No Way Home‘s $121.9M. However, the theatrical business is expected to continue to soar as the pandemic eases, and they’ll come a time when we won’t have to measure hits by putting the word ‘pandemic’ before the record. Batman’s opening is a great opening by any standard, period.

The interogation scene where Batman was spoked because he thought Riddler knew his identity was perfect. Pattinson is great with his facial expressions.

I was a little tight at first because I'm tired of villains easily deducing the identity of these heroes.
There was something similar when Catwoman was talking to him about going after the rich and powerful like Bruce Wayne and you can see his eyes go real wide under the mask.

Crazy to think

It’s technically a hopeful ending but he didn’t really stop the Riddler’s plan and I thought Eddie broke down too easily at the end, after all the things be masterminded for 2.45 hours. All it really took was Battinson to say he’s wrong about being remembered?

Crazy to think

It’s technically a hopeful ending but he didn’t really stop the Riddler’s plan and I thought Eddie broke down too easily at the end, after all the things be masterminded for 2.45 hours. All it really took was Battinson to say he’s wrong about being remembered?

i think he admired bats so much and thought they were doing the same thing so his idol being not on his side got him going off but he didnt really snap until the end after everything happened

while bats didnt stop the riddler, he succeeded in uniting the city, it sounds kind of cheesy how im going to say it but riddlers plan was to break down and drown the city and kill the new mayor while exposing the city official in charge and people would lose trust but the city ended up being stronger than before led by bats

and thats what set riddler off seeing it on tv and made him snap even more but then joker just as easily roped him back in, i think dude was just fragile mentally

at least thats how i saw it

plus as the riddler said, bats isnt as smart as he thought and being year two, its just part of growing pains

Back
Top Bottom