DC Studios THREAD - GunnVerse Begins - Chapter ONE: Gods & Monsters

If there's any sign Gunn's Superman might be trash

Show should've been cancelled.

Last edited:
that cavill situation is different, i posted it to point out the strenght of his contract with MI, not WB
I just pointed out that the WB/DC one came first and his MI contract couldn't even accommodate for DC reshoots.
his contract obligation probably ended after he was done shooting JL, after that the MI contract kicked in and took precedence, it probably wasnt in his contract that WB makes all the calls on his future work
This is what I'm pointing out.

Who wants to sign a contract that is going to take priority over ant other movie co tract you sign in the future?

There was nothing special or unique about Cavill and that situation. That's how it is.

You're saying they're going to draft up a contract that contains future work that well take priority over all other contracts signed in the future.

so this type of contract might be something gunn is bringing it from marvel
No Marvel contract included animation, TV, and video games.

What Gunn is suggesting is much more than that.

Tbh I don’t actually see that animation and game stuff coming to fruition. It’s gonna be how it was in the last where the dcau is essentially it’s own entity

im not sure why you’re arguing, thats what is being reported :lol: and they’ll look for someone who is willing to sign the contract they draw up, if they dont then onto the next guy

doesnt really get any more simple as that

i am sure there are a lot of actor who will sign that and have that kind of work security and opportunity, not all actors are about the arts and maybe not the biggest stars in the world would sign but the likes of Pratt, Batista or even Hemsworth wouldve probably signed if that was presented to them as their first big gig (pre-gotg/pre-thor)

im also sure that they can do any work they want on their free time

you acting like they’ll be stuck doing dc projects 12 months a year for 10 years, most independent film takes a few weeks to film and most of Hemsworths and Evans films outside of the MCU arent big blockbusters, so film a dc/mcu film for a few months then you got the rest of the year to do something else

and if its the superman actor for example, its not like dude is going to make the movie for 6 months and then spend another 6 months shooting a tv show, that characters just going to do cameos in those shows which take a day or two to shoot and theres probably one game in that 10 year span and a lot of voice over actor works from home these days too

again, im sure they’ll work with actors, if they got a project at the certain times then those smaller films might have to film around the actors schedule, it happens more often than you think especially if its that actor is the films star

its still a gigantic commitment but if thats what they require for the job, then thats what theyll get

im not sure why you’re arguing
I don't think you ever read and understood what I said which is why you think I'm arguing. There is no argument.

I simply explained what I thought about it.

You're the one that chose to speak on behalf of their idea and make excuses or come up with solutions as if you know how it would play out. No need to keep coming up with paragraphs of what you think will happen.

I don't think its necessary and I don't think it is feasible for the long term. That's it.

i completely understood but i chose to provide examples of why its feasible and why they can do it, im trying to make you see how it can be done
I probably should've made it simpler for you in my reply to that and just said

I don't agree with you.

That should be obvious but I guess not.

but its zik so really the only way to end it for the other to raise the white flag

View attachment 3086046

you win
Probably shouldn't have quoted/replied to me in the first place then :lol:

1675296752892.jpeg

1675297080496.png

Suicide Squad game developer
I did forget about this angle.

Unless Gunn announces he's for VAs to transition in to being live action actors. Tara Strong can but most can't.

And again there's really no need to have your animated Superman be voiced by your live action Superman.

I assume MBJ Static Shock is dead? Would have been a perfect cherry on top
I'm sure they'll toss it in to Elseworlds once they remember it.

Although what's going on with Milestone 2.0 is pretty annoying and frustrating.

Last edited:

DC Studios' Video Games Will Fill In The Gaps Between Movies And TV Shows Confirms James Gunn​

Talking to DC.com (via GameFragger.com), Gunn shared some insights into how games will be included in plans for "Chapter 1: Gods and Monsters."

"It's not like we're going to have the Superman movie come out and have this Superman game come out," the DC Studios co-CEO explains. "It's more like we'll have the Superman film come out, then maybe two years later, we have the Supergirl movie coming out. So, what's the story in between there?"
"Is there a Krypto game that we can play that comes in between them? Something that's still set in the world with these characters, but is its own thing. We want to give the prominence to games that they deserve."

I just watched Gunn's announcement on the DC slate again with the wife, and when he is going over Creator Commando's he says they'll "USUALLY have the same actor playing their voice".

So, he did leave the possibility for VA's and aspiring actors to keep their other opportunities open. So, it may not be a show stopper if Gunn/Safran find someone that they really want to be "x" character but they'd like some 'variety' in their career...

DC Studios' Video Games Will Fill In The Gaps Between Movies And TV Shows Confirms James Gunn​

Talking to DC.com (via GameFragger.com), Gunn shared some insights into how games will be included in plans for "Chapter 1: Gods and Monsters."

"It's not like we're going to have the Superman movie come out and have this Superman game come out," the DC Studios co-CEO explains. "It's more like we'll have the Superman film come out, then maybe two years later, we have the Supergirl movie coming out. So, what's the story in between there?"
"Is there a Krypto game that we can play that comes in between them? Something that's still set in the world with these characters, but is its own thing. We want to give the prominence to games that they deserve."

That boy cooking. This sounds amazing lol

It’s going to take almost a decade for DC to get this universe align? I pray and hope I’m still around - I’ll be 50+ by then :lol:

this actually sounds awesome! not so much playing as Krypto but more the idea of using the games to fill gaps btwn stories.

I don't think WB gaming studios will be up to hitting those deadlines

Their best studio, RockSteady, last put out a game over 7 years ago.

Gunn's plan sound good on paper, but I doubt it ends up working.

Back
Top Bottom