DC Studios THREAD - GunnVerse Begins - Chapter ONE: Gods & Monsters

Just saw aqua bro 2

No spoilers

Solid 8/10- was as good as the first one

Surprised they didn’t cut any mera scenes out as the media was saying they did

Post credit scene is useless and adds nothing to the story or whatever - it’s off of a joke earlier in the movie

Worth a watch imo

because amber was lying like she usually does, like when she said jason dressing up as depp to annoy her when that was his style all along

good that they had no ties with the post credit, no point in teasing anything when this universe is over

gon try and catch it tonight

Aquaman 2 isnt as good as the first but it has the same look and feeling so if you enjoyed the first one, this one should be as fun

might give it a 5.23 out of 8, might be a little generous because it really leads to nothing so i just tried to enjoy it as a standalone

its pretty much like a buddy cop movie x LotR

i can see where they cut the possible cameos like batfleck, in the end when arthur curry introduced atlantis to the UN, felt like it could have used some JL members and probably where ben would have been

that scene is also very IM1 like where it ends with “I AM AQUAMAN” then go become a bro just to make sure its not tony stark :lol:

lots of reference too, surprised he also called orm loki

glad to see the DCEU end and with move forward and the year plus long hiatus from a greater DC universe will do everyone some good

5.75/8 for me. I’m easily entertained and I enjoyed it and had fun with it.

James Wan does an excellent job of world building. Aquabro will be missed. He definitely does the comedy thing pretty well man. Crazy to see where he’s at now and comparing him to Khal Drogo :lol:

Regardless, the pacing was off at certain points. I thought the first act was kinda off. 3rd act was a bit predictable and had some REALLY BAD CGI. usually i can let those things pass, but man were some of those scenes really bad CGI.

But regardless of all that, i was invested in the story and enjoyed the ride.

watched it last night since it’s ~the last~ of the universe…Good or bad I couldn’t pass seeing the ending in theaters…

If you liked the first then you’ll be good with this one…If you didn’t like the first then this one definitely isn’t doing anything to change your mind…

Just like the first movie, Orm was the MVP…Manta was pretty much the same as he was in the first which was a bummer, same for everybody except Orm really…

Now that it’s all done we can sit back and wait for the newness to hit with the Gunn-verse…

i like momoa as aquabro too and how it plays off his pacific heritage plus dude is also a heavy environmentalist against ocean waste

theres chances are the characters going to go back to being white and blonde once gunn recasts the him

i like momoa as aquabro too and how it plays off his pacific heritage plus dude is also a heavy environmentalist against ocean waste

theres chances are the characters going to go back to being white and blonde once gunn recasts the him
should turn him gay and asian just for the **** of it.

have him dye his hair blonde for the cherry on top

Looking like it'll bomb harder than The Marvels

nobody is surprised but not all too bad itnernationally:

There's some good news, however, as the DC Comics sequel has opened to $80 million at the international box office, taking its global cume to $120 million.

Alas, that figure puts it in the same ballpark as Ant-Man and The Wasp: Quantumania, The Flash, and The Marvels.

so international might not make it the worst, maybe just second or third worse :lol:

Yea superhero movies had a good run but its time to move on. I wonder what the next mainstream movie genre will be.

I thought the action scenes were good and the visuals were on point for the most part. Seemed kinda rushed though. 5.7/8.

Back
Top Bottom