DC Studios THREAD - GunnVerse Begins - Chapter ONE: Gods & Monsters

and DofP is treated here like it's as bad as X3 despite it's 91% rt score

queue @itsaboutthattime with his scheduled "Singer Sux" reply when XMen is mentioned :rofl:

man just read a ton of spoilers on reddit of someone who went to a screening in december....pretty sure they were accurate. pissed that I read them, but this movie sounds sick now

I read that those reddit posts were fake

we'll find out in a month
man I'm really hoping they're fake lol...but they sounded dope as s***

trying to get in on that early screener action. need to see this movie asap after re-reading TDKR and TDKSB.

Y'all think eastwood is playing nightwing?

Which is why I specifically brought that up instead of a random Marvel movie that no doubt has a higher score.

I don't like DofP much but I would never say it was as bad as X3 (or Origins). X3 rarely gets mentioned cuz it's Ghost Rider/F4 bad. I wouldn't confuse being more vocal about DofP with it being as bad as something like X3.

The same narrative always is trying to be flipped though. The whole only when I come to NT do ppl hate on _____. Been trying to spin it like MOS was great and only NTers hate it but I just stepped back and looked at the larger audience with RT as an example (since I know ppl I know not caring for the flick won't matter). I just knew I wasn't going to fall for it.

Last edited:
I read that those reddit posts were fake

we'll find out in a month
man I'm really hoping they're fake lol...but they sounded dope as s***

trying to get in on that early screener action. need to see this movie asap after re-reading TDKR and TDKSB.

Y'all think eastwood is playing nightwing?

Most guesses on Eastwood role is Hal Jordan

And those reddit reports supposedly sounded too fan service-ish to be true, I avoided it so I really don't know what was written but I'll go over it after I see the film

Last edited:

queue @itsaboutthattime with his scheduled "Singer Sux" reply when XMen is mentioned :rofl:

Am I supposed to forget the plot and scenes from x1?

Didn't the same director direct both movies?

So why does he understand how mystique's AND rogue's powers work in that movie but not in DOFP?

This issue is even addressed in the deleted scene(s)..

Then there is the whole magneto thing

My bad for caring.. If you are satisfied with mediocrity, it's your life.. Michael bay has another transformers movie coming out too

that is the dumbest thing i've read today, just because I don't b**** about it every chance I get doesn't mean I don't care

b****in' =/= caring

I mean you literally reply with how you hate Singer every damn chance you get, no matter what thread

Last edited:
that is the dumbest thing i've read today, just because I don't b**** about it every chance I get doesn't mean I don't care

b****in' =/= caring

I mean you literally reply with how you hate Singer every damn chance you get, no matter what thread

I don't hate Snyder.. As I said in my response, I'd love to see him direct certain movies

I strongly dislike singer

Michael bay I hate

View media item 1857101

Last edited:
I actually rewatched Man of Steel for the first time in awhile.. my same thoughts still stand. A lot of good, a lot of eh, and overall the movie didn't land like it should have. It was paint by numbers.

Awesome stuff with Jor-El, Zod, and Krypton. I loved Superman actually fighting. There were moments with Pa Kent that were great... but then there were areas they missed out on. with him. I've been over it before so it's not worth going back into.. but there's snapshots of a great movie. You could list off a collection of scenes and moments and just reading them you can imagine a near perfect Superman movie, but once it's all together it doesn't flow, it's not strong from a narrative sense. The flashbacks were too often and all over the place, the pacing wasn't strong, other than Zod and Clark sometimes, the characters weren't as good as they could have been. I thought Lois was misused, Pa Kent had his moments but I didn't know if I loved his portrayal and message and that death scene was awful.

MOS was basically a 70% great Superman movie. Maybe I'm being too hard on it and should just accept it for what it is, rather than what it should and could have been.. but I was so optimistic and hopeful before it came out. A few different character choices, another pass on the screenplay, a bit of rethinking for the structure and plotting, and it improves the overall movie for me.

Last edited:
I agree with you and I've always said that I like the film (a lot) but I can definitely see where others do not.

I've also stated this before but I would love to see a cut of the film is rearranged where it isn't all over the place, I think I might have wanted them to just start the film with Clark as a kid who discovers his powers and then move on to his grown up self instead of flashbacks.

Beginning was great. I'd love to see a prequel

Cavill was bland. Dont know if thats was on purpose

Dont really remember anything before Zod showed up besides stupid tornado scene

Didnt care for Lois

Action was whatever. People wanted to see Supes hit stuff. They got what they wanted

Movies a good 6.5 / 10. Could somebody translate that to the infamous /8 scale please. I'm still learning.

Back
Top Bottom