DC Studios THREAD - GunnVerse Begins - Chapter ONE: Gods & Monsters

Cap hate. Even here. :smh:
At best it's a backhanded compliment for Cap and his 2nd movie.

I'm probably never going to like the character but that won't stop good movies from being made like I expect with CW.

I didn't always like Iron Man, movies changed that.

Last edited:
So you say it has nothin to do with the movie and not getting what you want, then go on and on about "other ways" to tell his story. :lol:

I stand corrected if you have approved of Affleck. You'll forgive me when I don't believe you and will be laughing when you bash the hell out of his performance next month.

Not a big Superman fan.......which explains preconceived notions for Superman films. That I've pointed out, multiple times. Nolan, QT, Scorcese coulda directed MOS, you still woulda bagged it.

Superman Lives is what you wanted to see? :nerd: Interesting.

The MCU thread lost me with the Spiderman Lamekilla era pages. That stuff was wild. I'll take your word for it if you complain about those films in the same manner.

Cap hate. Even here.
mean.gif

I'm probably never going to like the character but that won't stop good movies from being made like I expect with CW.

its a good point though, the most likeable/interesting aspect of cap is how he is able to work with people. It's a lot easier to make an interesting movie about two people interacting with each other than a person doing things solo. 

Superman doesn't have anyone who can be seen as an equal so he doesnt have the same advantage that cap does 

Dude who plays Maxwell Lord on Supergirl would've made a way way way way better Lex Luthor than whatever Jesse Eisenberg is going for, for sure.

Last edited:
Dude who plays Maxwell Lord on Supergirl would've made a way way way way better Lex Luthor whatever Jesse Eisenberg is going for, for sure.

Maxwell Lord on Supergirl you say? Hmm, might have to check the show out after all. :nerd:

flame on or is this positive for NTers?

According to US Weekly, Affleck reportedly performed quite a few rewrites throughout the film's production, even rewriting parts right before he was set to shoot, while fully suited up in costume. They add that Affleck "would go into wardrobe and get all suited up for the day in his Batman suit, Then he would sit around reworking the script. Ben wasn’t thrilled with it and would find himself on multiple occasions fixing it the day of.”

Additionally, it sounds like writing for Batman here may have gotten the creative juices flowing for Affleck to potentially write and direct a solo Batman feature. US Weekly's source adds “Ben was excited to do a Batman film, He’s fascinated by the character!”

Last edited:
So you say it has nothin to do with the movie and not getting what you want, then go on and on about "other ways" to tell his story. :lol:
I don't like the farm boy retcon at all. That was made up in the 70s or 80s. Wasn't like that from the start. I never really liked it.

So that really isn't me talking about the movie. That's me talking about something I don't like in just about every form of media covering that part of Superman's history. I don't know why you think that post was me specifically talking about MOS.

If possible I'd like it to go in a different direction on multiple platforms. I said it before this is something about the general accepted lore of Superman.

You'll forgive me when I don't believe you and will be laughing when you bash the hell out of his performance next month.
Pure bias.

Even ignoring the encouraging things I've been saying the more they reveal about this Batman/Bruce Wayne. Can't wait for the psychotic Batman using guns and potentially killing criminals. If anything just off the spiel to Alfred it looks like Batffleck is gonna give me a Bruce Wayne that was better than what Bale had to work with. If anything is bad about Batffleck in this movie it'll be Snyder's fault.

I've been saying I can't wait for Battfleck to direct the Bat solo along with his guys writing. It'll be once again one of the few things WB/DC will have got right. Even though they then take what they do with Batman and try to apply it to their other heroes :smh:

I'm a huge Batman fan. Too bad you've been too blinded reading what you want to see that.

Not a big Superman fan.......which explains preconceived notions for Superman films. That I've pointed out, multiple times. Nolan, QT, Scorcese coulda directed MOS, you still woulda bagged it.
If Chris Nolan directed MOS and it came out this bad, yes I still would've ******* on it. Probably would've seesawed in between a possible decline by Nolan (that he should no longer direct superhero flicks after TDKR) and the other side being WB interfering with his vision.

I'm sorry but no. I can not conceive of QT directing MOS and it being anywhere as bad as what Snyder did. Just going for the aforementioned view on Superman he espoused in Kill Bill Vol. 2 lets me know he'd craft a far more fascinating Superman flick. The editing and pacing would not be that bad when we're talking a QT movie. So while you might just assume I got hate for Superman or DC/WB movies I'll just call that for what it is, ignorance.

Scorsese directing MOS would be better by default b. You know that.

Suffice it to say, if any great director or my personal fav directed the MOS movie we got it'd be the worst movie they directed, plain and simple. My opinion of MOS isn't based on who directed it, so you're right about that. If we get this same movie I'm still not gonna like it.
Superman Lives is what you wanted to see? :nerd: Interesting.
I feel WB should've went through with it.

Especially after I watched the documentary. Same with that Green Arrow escape from a prison flick, the JL flick, and one or two other aborted movies.

Instead we get stuff like Superman Returns, Green Lantern, and MOS. I mean even now they can't help applying a Batman tone on their entire line cuz they don't know how to make other **** work. So scared of being like the MCU they'll go contrary even if it results in bad movies.

Not my fault you take up for that stuff man.
flame on or is this positive for NTers?

According to US Weekly, Affleck reportedly performed quite a few rewrites throughout the film's production, even rewriting parts right before he was set to shoot, while fully suited up in costume. They add that Affleck "would go into wardrobe and get all suited up for the day in his Batman suit, Then he would sit around reworking the script. Ben wasn’t thrilled with it and would find himself on multiple occasions fixing it the day of.”

Additionally, it sounds like writing for Batman here may have gotten the creative juices flowing for Affleck to potentially write and direct a solo Batman feature. US Weekly's source adds “Ben was excited to do a Batman film, He’s fascinated by the character!”
This is great news imo.

Goyer gone, next is Snyder.

I wouldn't even be mad if Batffleck took over the whole thing with his ppl.

Seems even if the rest of this continues to be trash the best thing I'll get out of this is a new string of Batman movies :smokin

Cap hate. Even here. :smh:

its a good point though, the most likeable/interesting aspect of cap is how he is able to work with people. It's a lot easier to make an interesting movie about two people interacting with each other than a person doing things solo. 

Superman doesn't have anyone who can be seen as an equal so he doesnt have the same advantage that cap does 
Yeah, this is a good point. I didn't it want to seem like I was saying do with Superman what they did with Cap.

If we're talking better future Superman movies, you gotta really have the villain shine. They're not gonna be able to pull off anything like they did with cartoons and animated movies or Smallville with the cast, they don't have that time and the majority of them are dated but they can at least try to capture the essence.

It'd arguable be harder but I know from the stuff I've seen by Superman in those things that the potential is there.

Last edited:
Good for Ben rewriting or not cosigning garbage and changing things immediately that day. It was probably a lot of nonsense he saw in the script

My only issues with affleck's casting:

1) I hate that they are piggybacking off of 'the dark knight returns' story instead of giving that story it's just respect and doing it as an isolated batman movie(s) that just so happens to have superman and green arrow in it

2) batman is the only regular human member of the JL without powers.. So if they are going young everywhere else, it doesn't make sense to have him being old
- I get having him be experienced and the vet of the group, but that could have been accomplished with him being like 30-32.. If bats is 25 in 'year one', then he's 5-7 years deep on the new guys

Also thought they should do origin stories for everyone not named batman.. You can do cyborg's origin story in whatever event that breaks out to force all the JL guys to come out and together

Last edited:

1) I hate that they are piggybacking off of 'the dark knight returns' story instead of giving that story it's just respect and doing it as an isolated batman movie(s) that just so happens to have superman and green arrow in it

2) batman is the only regular human member of the JL without powers.. So if they are going young everywhere else, it doesn't make sense to have him being old
- I get having him be experienced and the vet of the group, but that could have been accomplished with him being like 30-32.. If bats is 25 in 'year one', then he's 5-7 years deep on the new guys

Also thought they should do origin stories for everyone not named batman.. You can do cyborg's origin story in whatever event that breaks out to force all the JL guys to come out and together

Cyborg should not be a League member in any incarnation.

I think the decision to make Battfleck old is a toss up at this point. It's clear from the trailer that there are no issues with his age and combat skills. He's not geriatric, he's in his 40s. It's just that Affleck is slightly graying :lol:. Also Superman has to be pushing 40 as well since he was 33 in MoS. Although Superman doesn't age anyway

But I think I prefer Superman and Batman being around the same age. Yeah, a 30s experienced Batman would have worked just as well

Last edited:

Cyborg should not be a League member in any incarnation.

I think the decision to make Battfleck old is a toss up at this point. It's clear from the trailer that there are no issues with his age and combat skills. He's not geriatric, he's in his 40s. It's just that Affleck is slightly graying
laugh.gif
. Also Superman has to be pushing 40 as well since he was 33 in MoS. Although Superman doesn't age anyway

But I think I prefer Superman and Batman being around the same age. Yeah, a 30s experienced Batman would have worked just as well
Agreed, but in the trailers, even Batfleck admits "I'm getting slow in my old age."

laugh.gif

Cyborg as a member of the Justice League :smh: **** is a joke. One of the biggest events in the franchises history and they throw my man Martian Manhunter to the wolves. Terrible, just plain terrible.

Cyborg as a member of the Justice League :smh: **** is a joke. One of the biggest events in the franchises history and they throw my man Martian Manhunter to the wolves. Terrible, just plain terrible.

I mean did you really think that they were going to put themselves on the diversity summer jam screen with an all white justice league? :lol:

Nah. They ducked that L and decided Cyborg is the black dc superhero. Now that I think about DCs roster of black heroes is really wack.

I would have rather had mr terrific.

Momoa ain't white. Plus isn't martian manhunter's usual human look is as a black guy? Anyway, cyborg is lame.

In different incarnations Martian Manhunter's human disguise has been both black and white, so they easily could've gone either way. Hell, they could've had him and then introduced Cyborg down the line if they really wanted to. Marvel didn't have a black guy on the Avengers, but also had War Machine and Falcoln introduced in seperate films, and then brought them in at the conclusion to the second film. Really just irks me as a longtime fan of the Justice League, because Martian Manhunter's been on more versions of it than any other comic book character, yet is then the one that got kicked out to make room for Cyborg come the New 52 in the comics, which has led to Cyborg appearing in his position in most versions since then. :smh: I get that they want Superman, Batman, and Wonder Woman, but Jonn deserves to be there too dammit! :lol:

I also didn't really like that they chose Cyborg as the replacement for Jonn to begin with. Dude just isn't League material to me. Would've rather had them use Black Lightning.

DC had one of the first black heroes with Black Lightning :lol:

But they weren't trying to go the Marvel route and have a team full of folks with blue eyes

They could have got ANYONE besides Cyborg tho :x I don't dislike the character, I just feel like his proper place is with the Titans

Last edited:
In different incarnations Martian Manhunter's human disguise has been both black and white, so they easily could've gone either way. Hell, they could've had him and then introduced Cyborg down the line if they really wanted to. Marvel didn't have a black guy on the Avengers, but also had War Machine and Falcoln introduced in seperate films, and then brought them in at the conclusion to the second film. Really just irks me as a longtime fan of the Justice League, because Martian Manhunter's been on more versions of it than any other comic book character, yet is then the one that got kicked out to make room for Cyborg come the New 52 in the comics, which has led to Cyborg appearing in his position in most versions since then. :smh: I get that they want Superman, Batman, and Wonder Woman, but Jonn deserves to be there too dammit! :lol:

I also didn't really like that they chose Cyborg as the replacement for Jonn to begin with. Dude just isn't League material to me. Would've rather had them use Black Lightning.

nah MM would be a half measure.

Its pretty clear what hapened imo.

DC realized they had no prominant black heroes, they looked at their roster and decided they had to pic a character to be THE black hero.

an alien pretending to be black wasnt going to work.:lol:

so they picked cyborg. who i assume becuase of his teen titans connection and the popularity of those cartoons is the most well known.

nah MM would be a half measure.

Its pretty clear what hapened imo.

DC realized they had no prominant black heroes, they looked at their roster and decided they had to pic a character to be THE black hero.

an alien pretending to be black wasnt going to work.:lol:

so they picked cyborg. who i assume becuase of his teen titans connection and the popularity of those cartoons is the most well known.

Actually all they did was base the team on the most recent incarnation from the comic books, in which Cyborg again replaced Jonn, which then goes back to how they at the time could've chosen any hero, any black hero, but they still chose Cyborg :lol:

Back
Top Bottom