DC Studios THREAD - GunnVerse Begins - Chapter ONE: Gods & Monsters

chalk this one up as a rumor, but I'll post it because it might have some weight to it...

Following the news that Ben Affleck will executive produce Justice League, The Hollywood Reporter has shed some light on what exactly Ben Affleck's upgraded role means for that movie. Apparently, the Argo helmer is working closely with screenwriter Chris Terrio to "fine-tune the script" and will play a key role in the postproduction process, no bad thing when Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice was widely criticised for the way it was edited and how the story ended up panning out as a result.

However, Birth.Movies.Death take that one step further by revealing that, "Affleck was incredibly unhappy about the reception of BvS. He felt humiliated after spending so much of the press tour saying how much better this film would be than Daredevil. On top of that his agent was furious when Kevin Tsujihara jumped the gun and announced him as the director of The Batman - there were still negotiations happening. This move seems to help placate Affleck while also edging Zack Snyder out of a controlling central position in the DC Movieverse." Ouch! Still, with Batman v Superman receiving a score on Rotten Tomatoes of 28% compared to Daredevil's 44% and the actor becoming a meme in the form of #SadAffleck, you can understand why he feels that way and why he wants more control.

What kind of an impact this will have on Justice League remains to be seen, but Affleck taking an active role in the movie's production is no bad thing. Let us know your thoughts in the comments section...

Sorry guys was on vacation, what I miss?

I'm glad we got a movie where two iconic heroes from a legendary comic book franchise face off with one another and it lived up to expectations.

You guys need to PM one another if you're going to start polluting this thread with that back-and-forth nonsense again. :lol:

I think we need to focus on what's coming. It's been 2 months. Maybe put Suicide Squad in the thread title? rfx45 rfx45

If David Ayer does well with SS, WB/DC should get him to work on another property. I didn't even realize he directed End of Watch and Fury. Or wrote Training Day. :wow:

chalk this one up as a rumor, but I'll post it because it might have some weight to it...

Following the news that Ben Affleck will executive produce Justice League, The Hollywood Reporter has shed some light on what exactly Ben Affleck's upgraded role means for that movie. Apparently, the Argo helmer is working closely with screenwriter Chris Terrio to "fine-tune the script" and will play a key role in the postproduction process, no bad thing when Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice was widely criticised for the way it was edited and how the story ended up panning out as a result.

However, Birth.Movies.Death take that one step further by revealing that, "Affleck was incredibly unhappy about the reception of BvS. He felt humiliated after spending so much of the press tour saying how much better this film would be than Daredevil. On top of that his agent was furious when Kevin Tsujihara jumped the gun and announced him as the director of The Batman - there were still negotiations happening. This move seems to help placate Affleck while also edging Zack Snyder out of a controlling central position in the DC Movieverse." Ouch! Still, with Batman v Superman receiving a score on Rotten Tomatoes of 28% compared to Daredevil's 44% and the actor becoming a meme in the form of #SadAffleck, you can understand why he feels that way and why he wants more control.

What kind of an impact this will have on Justice League remains to be seen, but Affleck taking an active role in the movie's production is no bad thing. Let us know your thoughts in the comments section...
I believe this. Is there a gif yet of Affleck's reaction to some reporter's question and Cavill answering and he's just sitting their despondent and depressed? :nerd:

If not post the vid again.

The other stuff is Hollywood business ******* and the usual.

I get it with Ben though. He probably feels really disappointed. He's been on a run as a director and actor as of late. He didn't want ppl to see BvS and just be like Batffleck was good but the movie sucked. He wanted the movie to be great and it was far from that.

Affleck producing, directing, and acting? Sounds like a bit too much for his plate.
It honestly does cuz he seems reluctant but still wants the movie to be great. That's a lot to do. Not impossible but a difficult task given he's starting from below zero.
Affleck producing, directing, and acting? Sounds like a bit too much for his plate.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Argo_(2012_film)
To be fair here, he probably didn't do a whole lot of "producing" since he was the director.

The problem here is how he has to work around Snyder and anything he may do poorly or **** up. If he manages just to get the best out of Snyder then it'll be easier but even then not by a whole lot.

However, with what Snyder said of JL pt. 1 it sounds more like Batman and friends with how he's just recruiting the members.

In 8 years tho Amy Adams gonna look 80 years old
DC needs to pay Disney for the CGI program they used for RDJ and Michael Douglas
Where did that come from? Did that come in the package deal for Lucasfilm?

I know that company of his is always working on new innovation and advanced tech for film.

That **** is really dope. Looks better than any of the past attempts at that stuff.

Sorry guys was on vacation, what I miss?

I'm glad we got a movie where two iconic heroes from a legendary comic book franchise face off with one another and it lived up to expectations.

agree BvS is a masterpiece :pimp:
:rofl:

If David Ayer does well with SS, WB/DC should get him to work on another property. I didn't even realize he directed End of Watch and Fury. Or wrote Training Day. :wow:
They'll probably make him get to work on the sequel right away before moving to another DC franchise if SS is a success.

It's similar to Gunn on Guardians.

DC probably should be working on getting great directors attached to their franchises though. I can only recall more directors walking off projects than somebody I'm hype about joining.

Last edited:
You guys need to PM one another if you're going to start polluting this thread with that back-and-forth nonsense again.
laugh.gif

I think we need to focus on what's coming. It's been 2 months. Maybe put Suicide Squad in the thread title? @RFX45

If David Ayer does well with SS, WB/DC should get him to work on another property. I didn't even realize he directed End of Watch and Fury. Or wrote Training Day.
eek.gif
I will suspend my campaign in support of BVS. 

I just watch the movies. Sometimes directors names slip through the cracks with me. Obviously the really polarizing ones are always known, but for the wrong reasons.

I just want to see both Marvel and DC flourish. I want to see great movies made from all of these characters. Marvel is in a much better place, but I'm not going to kick DC when they're down.

I think Ben Affleck being an executive producer on JL is great news. He probably doesn't want a repeat of the critical response to BVS. Zack Snyder seems like he won't adapt and they need to deliver with JL.

I'm in complete agreement with you.. It annoys me when folks think I'm some sort of marvel fanboy (like I don't criticize their movies too)

I want all them to be good.. It would be extremely dumb to watch (let alone pay to watch) a movie hoping it's bad

I want the xmen movies to be good, that's why I offer an opinion of what I think would be good and work.. I want transformers and TNMT to be good

Same goes for DC/wb movies.. They could just follow the animated movies and be golden

I can afford to do it, so I would love if a great movie dropped every week of the year... Shhh would be awesome

no thats why the dirt was elevating

is fantastic four reboot worth a watch? its on hbo now

If you're going watch, two things

1) don't look at it like a f4 film, just think of it like a regular sci fi movie

2) stop watching when you see "one year later" on screen

Back
Top Bottom