DC Studios THREAD - GunnVerse Begins - Chapter ONE: Gods & Monsters

I'm down for Steppenwolf being the villain in JL.

I would have much rather have had a proper Doomsday be the villain in JL, but that ship has now passed. Along with a proper adaptation of Clark Kent 
laugh.gif

Steppenwolf being the villain of 1 and Darkseid being the villain of 2 sounds fine to me

Me too. I actually like this better. Avengers 1's villain was Loki and some Chitauri. Not Kang, the Skrulls, Thanos, or Ultron. I was concerned that they were starting with Darkseid. You need to build to someone like that.

Loki being the Avengers villain was based off his character having been the first villain the team faced in the comics, the reason they were brought together, making it more of a historical choice.

Last edited:
Yup and that was awesome. Only people they were missing was Antman and Wasp.
But adding BW and HE was cool too.

Loki being the Avengers villain was based off his character having been the first villain the team faced in the comics, the reason they were brought together, making it more of a historical choice.

Yeah. I understand that. I'm just saying that it's fine to have a less powerful villain to start. It makes more sense to unite and reunite the teams to take on stronger threats. Especially when they're going to add members with each installment.

Right now they're just trying to make it through that fifth movie :lol:

Yeah. I understand that. I'm just saying that it's fine to have a less powerful villain to start. It makes more sense to unite and reunite the teams to take on stronger threats. Especially when they're going to add members with each installment.

Oh yeah, nothing wrong with that at all. I have no major problem with Steppenwolf. Though I will admit, i'd rather that they do two completely unrelated villains if they weren't going to use Darkseid for both. Like, Loki and Ultron were completely seperate and had different origins and powersets. Steppenwolf isn't as badass as Darkseid, but he's a lot like him too, both being New Gods from Apokolips, who are even family. Would just be nice to see DC go with someone like...the Crime Syndicate. Hell, they could do an Injustice Gang or something and get a lot of bang for their buck through being able to introduce multiple villains at once. Could have one for every hero. Lex, Joker, Cheetah, etc. Don't even necessarily have to take the biggest, baddest villains for a team flick. Parasite, Poison Ivy, Captain Cold, Black Manta, etc. Plenty of villains to use.

If they just want one main villain then there's Mongul, Amazo, Starro naturally (And he can be used to have an army of mooks for the League to fight as well), etc.

Last edited:
There's a rumor that they're planning for a Crime Syndicate film down-the-line, then having them be the villains in a Justice League film. I don't think I want to see Starro though. :lol:

Mongul and Amazo would be cool. Anti-Monitor, Doomsday can always come back, etc.

Are they saving Brainiac for MoS2? 'Cuz for the life of me I'm trying to figure out how he didn't have some presence in BvS. Should've been him teaching Lex about Doomsday...:smh:

Last edited:
Starro probably might be considered too...campy for the kind of films they're trying to make I suppose. Though as an idea he's actually fairly terrifying.

Mongul should be spot on though.

Last edited:
View media item 2028538
Along with the announcement that NBC has picked up DC workplace comedy show Powerless to series, we have these official images from the show.

The first sees Vanessa Hudgens' Emily giving Crimson Fox a hard time for making her and the bus-load of people she's rescuing late for work. Based on the synopsis below, this will be the event that sets the entire plot in motion.

We also have first looks at the characters played by Alan Tudyk and Danny Pudi.

View media item 2028539View media item 2028540View media item 2028541

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom