DC Studios THREAD - GunnVerse Begins - Chapter ONE: Gods & Monsters

Here's the thing.

There is probably nobody on the planet has a stronger grasp on the key thematic under pinning that make the classic DC characters special.

Grant Morrison, Alan Moore

But I agree GL Rebirth and the subsequent epic narrative up until Blackest Night was amazing

Last edited:
This show going to be threadworthy? Like Flash, Arrow, Supergirl and LoT?

Last edited:
This show going to be threadworthy? Like Flash, Arrow, Supergirl and LoT?
This actually looks promising IMO. Needs some work on the cgi, but otherwise ok. I know this show is going to full of easter eggs and cameos. But ultimately, this show is on the wrong network. NBC has a bad track record of canceling shows before they have a chance to develop......cough....(Constatine)....cough

Just another attempt at comedy by NBC trying to recover from The Office (and a few other shows) ending. They've been trying and failing with new shows at a higher clip with no direction.

That network got bigger problems.

They should be trying out more shows like the Carmichael show. Try to find an identity.

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/the_f...ack-snyder-for-dc-tv-comments-and-not-a141860

roll.gif
at all these CW actors complaining that Grant isnt going to be the flash on the big screen. Tom better be lucky grant wasn't choosen or he'd be out of a job. Becides, I wouldn't pay to see an extended flash episode in the theaters complete with the CW level acting. 

Last edited:
What Tom said about actors with talent and directors molding them is correct.

What Zach said about it sounded dumb. He should've simply said clearly the CW Flash is not apart of our DC movie universe. To make that abudantly clear we're not going to be using Grant but somebody else better suited.

Molding talent? Huh? Isn't this what all directors/actors do? The issue isn't if grant could pull it off. It's, if his version of the flash should be ported to the dceu. So that completely negates Tom's rant. This was a red herring argument. What I got from that article is that Tom is still scorned that grant hasn't want considered for the role. Should he be entitled to that role even though it's a differing vision than the one he plays on TV? No, I don't think he should.

And this constant Zach Snyder hatred is getting stale. What exactly did he say that was dumb in regards to his comments about grant? Because I remember him starting that the cw's flash didn't match the tone of the dceu. I don't see how that's dumb or throwing shade

Well, I want to know how the tone of the movie flash will be different than the tv one. If they're pretty similar then I would've just wanted one actor to be flash during this time period. I'm a little biased though since I've not liked ezra miller since he showed up on californication.

Last edited:
Molding talent? Huh? Isn't this what all directors/actors do? The issue isn't if grant could pull it off. It's, if his version of the flash should be ported to the dceu. So that completely negates Tom's rant. This was a red herring argument. What I got from that article is that Tom is still scorned that grant hasn't want considered for the role. Should he be entitled to that role even though it's a differing vision than the one he plays on TV? No, I don't think he should.

And this constant Zach Snyder hatred is getting stale. What exactly did he say that was dumb in regards to his comments about grant? Because I remember him starting that the cw's flash didn't match the tone of the dceu. I don't see how that's dumb or throwing shade

Step your reading comprehension game up. Cavanagh is saying Gustin can play the Flash anyway any director wants him to. He is merely portraying the tone the CW directors wanted. If Snyder wanted edgier, then as an actor Grant can find a way to portray it if given an opportunity.

The way Snyder answered the question it was if he felt Gustin couldn't portray anything other than that one portrayal.

Step your reading comprehension game up. Cavanagh is saying Gustin can play the Flash anyway any director wants him to. He is merely portraying the tone the CW directors wanted. If Snyder wanted edgier, then as an actor Grant can find a way to portray it if given an opportunity.

The way Snyder answered the question it was if he felt Gustin couldn't portray anything other than that one portrayal.

Yeah, he made it pretty clear that he thinks Grant's a talented actor and that if they'd wanted him to play the role darker for the big screen that he could've done it, which I agree with. Really I agree with everything he said :lol:

Zack Snyder’s decision to not hire Grant Gustin as the Flash for the upcoming Justice League  movies might have surprised some fans. But the Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice  director explains why the star of The CW series was never in the running to reprise his role on the big screen.

“I just don’t think it was a good fit,” he told the New York Daily News. “I’m very strict with this universe, and I just don’t see a version where … that (tone is) not our world.”

“Even if Grant Gustin is my favorite guy in the world and he’s very good, we made a commitment to the multi-verse (idea),” Snyder continued, “so it’s just not a thing that’s possible.”
Step my reading comprehension up, you say? Ok, show me in Zach's comment's where Grant's acting ability was ever called into question? Cause , i'm just not seeing it. 

Yea you really need to step up your reading comprehension game bro.. It's literally right in front of you
Where? Saying that the tone of the show doesn't match the DCEU or saying grant wasn't a good fit? How is that a knock on his acting ability?
Zach Snyder fanboys. What a time.
DC haters everywhere. Ah, what a time to be alive. So, looking at a situation objectively makes you a fanboy? Well, i guess i'm a fanboy then. 

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom