DC Studios THREAD - GunnVerse Begins - Chapter ONE: Gods & Monsters

Things have officially been shaken up.

Geoff Johns and Jon Berg will head the DCEU.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/batman-v-superman-fallout-warner-895174
Still need to hear about Snyder not returning to direct the JL pt 2 for them.

Give him Lobo or something.

I don't see how Johns will have time for writing comics anymore let alone running a tight ship for Rebirth. This is a huge promotion from CCO.

Overall this sounds like good news that the execs over at WB are finally realizing **** needs to change, there needs to be a clear line of hierarchy in authority from informed individuals who know how to tell good stories.

Hopefully this ends up being a good thing.

Geoff Johns has written some great stories, but he's a Hal homer. I want to see John flourish.

This is really good news for the Booster Gold film, because Johns loves Booster.

Geoff Johns has written some great stories, but he's a Hal homer. I want to see John flourish.

This is really good news for the Booster Gold film, because Johns loves Booster.

True, but at the same time I think he handles the Green Lantern Family better than he does the Flash Family. In both cases he is very clearly in love with the Silver Age, hence the focus on Hal Jordan and Barry Allen respectively. However, whereas with the Flash he pushed Wally West into limbo during his run, for GL he focused on Hal, but still always had Kyle, Guy, and John present during the majority of his events since they were of such a large scale. Not only did this see him introducing and developing new Gl's, but he still gave the old guard besides Hal their moments to shine. I think he'd do well with a Hal Jordan solo flick or a team-up GL picture. If you just want a solo John Stewart work though, or Kyle Rayner, or Guy Gardner, he probably has the talent to write them, but he wouldn't be my first pick since he's simply not as passionate about those characters as he is Hal.

We are getting a Green Lantern Corps movie. Hopefully Hal and John have equal shine in it. I hope they kill Heimdall off in the Thor movies, because String would be a great John Stewart.

It's about time WB/DC have done this though. They needed someone who's passionate about the characters and the comics like Feige is at Marvel Studios. Zack Snyder has never given off the impression that he cares about these characters like that.

^ Because he's already directing JL1 and they're underway in production right now.

The expectation is that it'll be very similar to BvS.

If WB has shuffled their executive leadership to this degree after the BvS fallout then the assumption would be that they would take every step to ensure that JL1 does not turn out like BvS

Give him Lobo or something.

I don't see how Johns will have time for writing comics anymore let alone running a tight ship for Rebirth. This is a huge promotion from CCO.

Overall this sounds like good news that the execs over at WB are finally realizing **** needs to change, there needs to be a clear line of hierarchy in authority from informed individuals who know how to tell good stories.

Hopefully this ends up being a good thing.

DC Comics is in shambles anyways, they need some new blood to run it.

Overall I think the Geoff news is wonderful. That alone will make the DCEU that much better. I hope Snyder stats on as director for JL2. I have no issues with his direction. 

Only good things can come from this move. All we talked about was someone who cared for the material to be in charge and looks like they made that move.

BvS sobered DCU up they know the money they missed out on at the box office and I'm confident Suicide Squad will get people back on board.

Only good things can come from this move. All we talked about was someone who cared for the material to be in charge and looks like they made that move.

BvS sobered DCU up they know the money they missed out on at the box office and I'm confident Suicide Squad will get people back on board.
SS can possibly be the make-or-break one for DC.

Why wouldnt he?
Cuz he isn't a good director and a big reason for why BvS was bad and underperformed.

It is not at all unlikely. All these moves to give other ppl more influence while keeping Snyder around is pointless. Cuz if it turns out bad again he'll probably be scapegoated.

I guess they'll wait until he's finished pt. 1.

Last edited:
Snyder needs to stay on the visuals/CGI and special effects only. He had his chance to show us he was a good director for the second time and came up short

Back
Top Bottom