DC Studios THREAD - GunnVerse Begins - Chapter ONE: Gods & Monsters

It's more like they also knew Bale probably said he's not coming back unless Nolan did as well.

Nolan already didn't want to do TDKR so if they floated that idea it makes sense why he had some 10 year time skip and then ended the movie with Bruce retiring for good and settling down with Selena.

If WB were trying to salvage that to create a shared universe there's only so many ways to try and not **** Nolan all the way off. Mess around and lose him to some other studio.

Last edited:
It would have been interesting if they connected Nolan's Batman to Snyder's Superman (which Chris godfathered anyways). Since Supes' has been introduced after Bats' retirement, it could explain why he didn't intervene with the hydrogen bomb fiasco. And Instead of that one dude in Wayne Financial it could have been Fox, whose death would have been an even stronger motivation for Bruce. The costume in the Batcave could be a nod to Blake.They could have even re-introduced Hathaway as Catwoman (whom I thought was one of the bright spots in TDKR) and Oldman for the future standalone films.

From a story perspective, they really could have made it work. Unfortunately, as stated, Nolan was done with Batman and Bale was going to go with his decision.

It would have been interesting if they connected Nolan's Batman to Snyder's Superman (which Chris godfathered anyways). Since Supes' has been introduced after Bats' retirement, it could explain why he didn't intervene with the hydrogen bomb fiasco. And Instead of that one dude in Wayne Financial it could have been Fox, whose death would have been an even stronger motivation for Bruce. The costume in the Batcave could be a nod to Blake.They could have even re-introduced Hathaway as Catwoman (whom I thought was one of the bright spots in TDKR) and Oldman for the future standalone films.

From a story perspective, they really could have made it work. Unfortunately, as stated, Nolan was done with Batman and Bale was going to go with his decision.

I prefer the Dark Knight Trilogy to stand on its own personally.

I think all of the batmans form the movies wouldn't be good for larger world purposes..

they all had their unique flairs that worked for them and their time (this is specifically for adam west's movie).. burton's obviously had his touch.. and Schumacher's were just awful

but needs to be a world where all of the JLs characters can fit into

as I've said many time, I think Snyder can create a great world for batman and make a good/great/entertaining batman film.. but I don't think that would fit in with an overall JL-verse

whereas with Christopher reeves' superman movies, you can see the other characters existing in that world

Last edited:
I need to jump in this thread as the pops but it raises some questions to me again. Has the Scott Eastwood casting been addressed? He's got no listing on IMDb and I doubt he's just a nobody in the film. Could he be Jason Todd in a flashback or nightwing?

He's just an army/soldier, he's been seen filming in that gear.

I mean is dude even that big that many thinks he's going to have a big part?

There was that Amboyer dude in BvS who was "drone pilot" in BvS and everyone was thinking it's going to be Hal Jordan but I don't think he was even in the final cut of the film :lol:

He's just an army/soldier, he's been seen filming in that gear.

I mean is dude even that big that many thinks he's going to have a big part?

There was that Amboyer dude in BvS who was "drone pilot" in BvS and everyone was thinking it's going to be Hal Jordan but I don't think he was even in the final cut of the film :lol:

Oh then that does lead to the theory he'll be Slade Wilson aka Deathstroke.

maybe but it still feels like a reach to me at this point, I wish I'm wrong but it's not like the actor is like Leo or someone big that will be wasted if he had a 5 minute screen time

maybe but it still feels like a reach to me at this point, I wish I'm wrong but it's not like the actor is like Leo or someone big that will be wasted if he had a 5 minute screen time

While I agree, its still possible he's someone because if he was pretty much a glorified extra why not just get a stunt actor to do his part?

Doesn't need to be an extra because there might be some lines that needs to be delivered and maybe he gets killed off so some acting chops are needed to a degree? Looks like he is part of Rick Flaggs Argus soldiers so maybe he is Flaggs right hand man?

I Scoot Mcnairy (I think that his name, dude in a wheelchair in BvS) was a rather small part that really didn't need that type of actor and he also got plenty of theories on who he could be and I could see Eastwoods part to be similar, chances are probably pretty high that his role is pretty minimal.

Again it would be awesome if he was Grayson or Deathstroke or Arsenal but I just wouldn't be surprised if he isn't. Plus there's already been some screening and it seems like it would have been in somewhat spoiler news if his role were any of those I named, well maybe outside of Arsenal since Roy Harper isn't exactly as popular as the other two.

jena Malone was in BvS?

or is that someone else who looks just like her in that trailer with a blonde wig

Back
Top Bottom