DC Studios THREAD - GunnVerse Begins - Chapter ONE: Gods & Monsters

leto's gonna kill it man. he's legit one of my favorite actors, as long as the script gives him room to flourish, he should be $$$$$$.

my only concern is the stuff that I've read about the joker so far and such...kinda seems like he's operating freely like a legit businessman but also is a super criminal. I know someone can walk the fine line between both, but with a character as flamboyant as the joker it kinda seems weird to me.

between the suped up purple vaydor and him owning night clubs to seeing glam magazine shots with him texting on a cell phone, I'm just semi skeptical about character development for the joker. still think leto is gonna do a hell of a job either way, just hope the producers had a sound direction in which they wanted to portray the joker. 

Loving these effects. This is really cool.

XDGzgv.gif

I was under the impression that Leto was who they went after, but it would be dope to see who was in the conversation

you would think leo, jake or joaquin...

i would have went with chinese triad joker and cast jackie chan lol

its a shame the joker character in cinema will forever have a shadow over it because of heath

Last edited:
I don't think it has a shadow over it. It's probably on the most sought after and coveted roles in Hollywood thanks to Heath.

Jake would have been my choice, but Leto works great and we will see in a week anyway

I love everything I've seen so far of Leto's Joker from the promos. I'm not a fan of the face tats. Especially the "Damaged" one on the forehead, but the portrayal looks promising.

Heath Ledger was an amazing Joker and he crushed that role. There's always going to be comparisons, but I feel like Leto's doing a good job of distinguishing himself the way Ledger did from Jack Nicholson. He acts and looks like the Joker and I'm pumped to see him in SS.

Ye Heath killed that role. One of my favorite roles of all time. He did a joker that was never done before in the comics.

Gyllenhall would have been my first choice for Joker, but Leto don't look like he's not about to disappoint

Glad they didn't do Gosling, just don't know if he can pull off the Joker...

Gosling would be an awesome booster. But no troll he would've been a very interesting joker. He's got a ton of charisma.

Gyllenhaal would've killed it, but I don't think he would've agreed with the GQ model type gangster joker. Would've had to be straight psychopath arkham sweatpants type lol.

I think that Nightcrawler film is what made people want to see Gyllenhaal as Joker, but I still think he would be perfect for Hal Jordan. Then you get Idris Elba as John Stewart. :pimp:

Idris too old to play John. I want an older Hal Jordan and a younger John Stewart.

The dynamic would be awesome for a solo movie. In the original comics, Hal and John did NOT hit it off at first because John was a young angry black man.

Jake could be either Nightwing or Red Hood and would kill the role.

Back
Top Bottom