DC Studios THREAD - GunnVerse Begins - Chapter ONE: Gods & Monsters

martha moment just cringe.

I know I'm in the minority with this, but the Martha scene doesn't bug me as it does most...

I think it makes complete sense, "Martha won't die tonight" is a great line when you think of it from Bruce's perspective. 

the scene just didnt feel it went with the curent tone. its like at the snap of a finger it was all of the sudden 'my bad, lets team up'. it made sense but just a weird flip of tone.

I didn't have a problem with the Martha part. The way I took it, Superman was about to eat a Kryptonite spear and wanted to make sure his Earth mom was safe. Luck and coincidence brought Batman back from his fear and mistrust of Superman.

Man, Leto bout to be the GOAT joker. I'm hyped. I need to see the movie already!!!

That transformation was hella dope!!

Last edited:
the scene just didnt feel it went with the curent tone. its like at the snap of a finger it was all of the sudden 'my bad, lets team up'. it made sense but just a weird flip of tone.

sure it did. batman lost his damn mind and snapped and was bout to end superman but that name martha was like a finger snap to batmans head that brought him back down to humility and humanity.

wasnt like batman was a natural born killer lol

it helped that lois ugly *** was there to explain

Last edited:
Still think the revelations shouldn't have been "We have the same mom" but "What am I becoming? Am I no different than the guy who killed my parents?"

Easily can be done by taking out the Martha dialog and just have him having that PTSD moment when Lois cradles Supes mirroring his mom cradling his pops but you'd need to reshoot the intro flashblack. Whatever.

I got what they was going for with the Martha scene, just felt it was sloppy.

b4b8426d_4ysjapv.gif

Still think the revelations shouldn't have been "We have the same mom" but "What am I becoming? Am I no different than the guy who killed my parents?"

Easily can be done by taking out the Martha dialog and just have him having that PTSD moment when Lois cradles Supes mirroring his mom cradling his pops but you'd need to reshoot the intro flashblack. Whatever.

Yup, there are better ways.

Could've put that kryptonite fun in his hand and mirror the same imagery for Batffleck to realizing what he's doing.

Yup, there are better ways.

Could've put that kryptonite fun in his hand and mirror the same imagery for Batffleck to realizing what he's doing.
This would have been dope to see.

Flash backs to the guy who killed his parents with the gun in his hand to Bruce standing over Supes with the spear in his hand 
pimp.gif

should have just kept it simple..

go with lex.. have him do similar stuff he was doing, bribe the government guy to get zod's body and whatever they had to study.. figure out the whole thing (superman's weaknesses.. all the info the ship had.. all that stuff)

then you could have bats playing both sides of things.. he's there to investigate supes AND lex.. by day, as bruce wayne he's trying to get close to lex since he's suspicious.. at night, he wants to know what the hell supes is all about and if he could be a danger to the world

you could also use the events of MOS, for being the triggering point for WW and aquaman deciding they can no longer leave the world on it's own.. since the ramifications could effect them too

lex gets his suit in the end.. bats and WW need to help, since lex uses kryptonite to take out supes

simple enough

Last edited:
When Superman said save Martha, that just let me know that was pretty much the only reason they filmed Batmans origin scene.

They were tryna get the weebay reaction from people. Like whoaaa, they have the same name. It was corny. 

SS is starting to win me over. It still has moments in which it looks like it'll be corny but the action looks great. And Leto looks like he's gonna kill it.

Back
Top Bottom