DC Studios THREAD - GunnVerse Begins - Chapter ONE: Gods & Monsters

1433927346440.jpg

I'm still surprised off Schnepp...that dude said he really liked it, almost loved it lol

You don't have any "bad movies" that you find entertaining?

Like a movie you know is bad, but still you enjoy aspects of it.. Or find yourself watching way too much of it whenever it's on

im not sure

i think if they are so bad they are good in a funny way then i enjoy them i dont see them as bad

i know a ton of 80's movies i loved that were not met with good reviews back then but i still loved them and now i think people regard them as cult classics

i guess you can say force awakens wasnt that great of a movie because it was basically a new hope with tiny changes but i still liked it because its star wars

in general if it entertained me i dont think its a bad movie

But Rogue one got major reshoots after January right?

star wars is untouchable as far as critics go.

could be the worst movie of all time and would still get universal acclaim

Yes, The Phantom Menace and Attack of the Clones surely agree with you........ :rolleyes

Keep your hope alive of that 40% tho. :lol:
He's talking about critics though.

PM is 5% away from being rated fresh. I'm sure when it came out it was in the 80 percentile.

AOTC is 65% fresh right now :lol:

The PT were all praised for the most part. Took a while before ******** on it became massive.

We saw ghost busters, and they were laughing hysterically at the Exorcist reference.

then they explained the reference to all the kids in school next day.

never felt more proud. :lol:
Raising them right :pimp:

Last edited:
I really hope this movie is good man. I've been waiting for this since forever

But Rogue one got major reshoots after January right?

star wars is untouchable as far as critics go.

could be the worst movie of all time and would still get universal acclaim

Yes, The Phantom Menace and Attack of the Clones surely agree with you........ :rolleyes

Keep your hope alive of that 40% tho. :lol:
He's talking about critics though.

PM is 5% away from being rated fresh. I'm sure when it came out it was in the 80 percentile.

AOTC is 65% fresh right now :lol:

The PT were all praised for the most part. Took a while before ******** on it became massive.

We saw ghost busters, and they were laughing hysterically at the Exorcist reference.

then they explained the reference to all the kids in school next day.

never felt more proud. :lol:
Raising them right :pimp:

That should tell you all you need to know then about critics. But y'all gobble that **** down.

im reading a lot of critics reviews and most of them are mad suspect

i dont think theyve even seen suicide squad let alone bvs

im reading a lot of critics reviews and most of them are mad suspect

i dont think theyve even seen suicide squad let alone bvs

That's what I was saying a couple of pages back...some of those reviews really wanted it to be Guardians of the Galaxy 2

Got home at like 3am from movie so still tired will write full review later but......

I liked the movie. It didn't live up to the hype like the trailers built up. But my god what are some of these critics even watching? To compare to this F4 is ridiculous.

The action was dope, Diablo was liteweight MVP, Jan Courtney was cool he had one mini line that had my theater dying at the end when **** got real :lol:.

Killer Croc had a funny *** moment at the end, but overall I wish he had more to say. He was cool to look at but really didn't contribute other than being there. Same with katana, though she was putting in work throughout, she wasn't integral to the plot.

Slip knot :rofl: we all know the deal here

Joker :pimp: I will go in depth later but I love where they went with him and Harley's relationship. Instead of it being him being abusive manipulator, it's a Sub/Dom relationship. She wanted everything he threw at her and he fed off her willingness to please him. You get the feeling that he didn't expect to be so attached to her.

Also there are a lot of flashbacks that go into detail for most the squad members. Diablo is the moral compass easily. But really he is the only one you really feel that connection. He has a moment at the end that is :wow: :pimp:. Again I knew nothing of his character so I didn't know he could do that for those who are you will be very happy.

Margot is Harley Quinn. Straight up she killed it and it was effortless on her part. She just was her. There is some nice fan service to her cartoon version that plays for a few seconds. This movie has great fan service that BvS severely lacked. They did that so much easier than Snyder did. It wasn't difficult for them to throw in little Easter eggs.

Joker is joker from the cartoon. This is mob boss joker. This is I run the streets joker. Leto was more Hamil than Ledger and that was the right way to go. But be prepared to be wanting more. I'll put spoilers later but people's issue with the Joker in the movie won't be with his performance, but how he was used. It didn't ruin hi, by no means but man they really could have had something if they went a different direction.

Will Smith was solid. I don't get the will hate that some y'all have but also I do :rolleyes :nerd:. He was good. Not corny IMO, really played the role. They made dead shot a ******* G when it came to action. Dude was a beast during a fight. I won't spoil his back story but I'm excited for another movie DC got planned.

Waller was that *****. She was what we wanted. However the writing for her sometime just felt corny. When she was being cold and manipulative she was on point, but when they had her shooting one liners in was silly. Like they made her say some stupid stuff.

Flagg was ok. Again he's really the straight man for this crew. But he was ok.

Now for the bad.

The editing got weird as the movie went on. The first 45 felt fine and went well, but once they got on missions, there just some random lines and cuts that just felt flat or jarring. Not BvS level of course.

The action was Age of Ulron level for me. Just killing mindless monsters which felt like forever. Once they got to the main villain ( which you can guess from who I didn't mention :nerd:) then it was dope and you got into it. Boomerang didn't get to flourish at all IMO action wise. He wasn't chucking them thing like I thought he would. Same for Croc.

They wasted a amazing villain in this movie. They pulled a Marvel in that aspect. Just really had someone who was powerful, menacing and with a long comic history and they just one and done. Also the way they got their plan going was lame to me. How could no one see that **** coming?

Joker really didn't need to be in the movie p. You really could have had him be cameo near the end for the purpose he played and not even had him in the marketing. It obvious they were just using him a way to get people in seats.

The first hour was great, but it dragged when thy got on mission. Again the hordes of bad guys just seemed tedious and repative. The last 20 minutes brought it back.

The movie was fun, funny, action and eye candy but just seem to lack focus near the middle before getting it back near the end. They have room to really grow.

I don't know what these critics were watching p. Honesty call me a fan boy or Stan but where is this abomination they said it was. I see the hate for BvS but this just bizarre to me,

6.75 outta 8

That's what I was saying a couple of pages back...some of those reviews really wanted it to be Guardians of the Galaxy 2

loooooooooved guardians

knew it was gonna be good cuz james gunn. loved super dwight and the baconator were hilarious

hope boomerang is the villian in the flash movie

about diablo

how the **** do you kill diablo off? thought he had a multi movie deal? thats almost as bad as killing quicksilver

Back
Top Bottom