DC Studios THREAD - GunnVerse Begins - Chapter ONE: Gods & Monsters

I really hope that Ayer gets to release his director's cut. I could tell that there was a lot of Leto that was cut out when I remembered the Harleen/Joker scenes being filmed last year.

The comparison to age of ultron was very accurate. While not as polished as AoU, very similar in terms of enjoyment and overall action.

No where near as bad as F4, these critics are being OD.

I'm really confused, is it confirmed there will be a directors cut released like BvS???

If that's the case I'm not watching in theatres, to me that screams that they know they putting out a lamer version

I'm really confused, is it confirmed there will be a directors cut released like BvS???

If that's the case I'm not watching in theatres, to me that screams that they know they putting out a lamer version
No confirmed director's cut

There are reports that the studio brought in their own editor to cut the film to their liking (not Ayer's).

Nah shogun. You're a regular in here. Even Zik's a regular, even though I'd be surprised as hell if he liked a DC film. Especially Justice League next year.
laugh.gif

There's other people who don't like DC that just come in here after bad news just to pile on though. It's like clockwork. They'll repeat everything ad nauseam, repost the bad reviews, talk about how let down they were, how trash DC is, maybe fight with @Paulwest1985 some more, and drown the thread in all of it.
roll.gif
laugh.gif

No confirmed director's cut

There are reports that the studio brought in their own editor to cut the film to their liking (not Ayer's).
good lord.. WB got to know this aint a good business plan, especially after BvS

I sat through BvS once, I have zero desire to see whatever they are calling the director's cut

like with green lantern, there isn't any version of that of that film that I need to watch

I mean sure, it's cool to see deleted scenes.. or alternate endings.. or extended scnes.. but usually that doesn't take away or add THAT much to the film

Last edited:
saw the killing joke. it was ok. wanted a little more substance. 6/8 if you remove the pre part. animation was nice except bats. he was drawn kind of crappy. kevins voice definitely has aged but mark still brought the btas joker voice back to life.

Last edited:
Hyped for tonight! I want DC to flourish so bad. I'm a huge Marvel fan but it would be nice to see some healthy competition [emoji]128530[/emoji]

I feel like people set themselves up for a fall expecting this man to be the best Joker ever :rolleyes

Last edited:
I feel like Leto overstayed his welcome on set :lol:
I feel like we're getting hyped for him but he will barely be in the movie

You'd kind of have to blame the adverting :lol: They should've did it like how Marvel did it with Spidey or how they're doing with a certain character in Rogue One. I've actually been expecting for Leto/Joker to be like Cranston/Godzilla with the misdirection.

With that said, 6 more hours to go for me and I'm still very excited.

I sat through BvS once, I have zero desire to see whatever they are calling the director's cut

like with green lantern, there isn't any version of that of that film that I need to watch

I mean sure, it's cool to see deleted scenes.. or alternate endings.. or extended scnes.. but usually that doesn't take away or add THAT much to the film
The ultimate cut really does add THAT much to the film though...

WB/Snyder still don't get a pass for the theatrical cut though. They had YEARS to make a movie fit in 2.5 hours...

Spoilers

You see how some of the Task Force was captured prior to the movie in the beginning minutes. Batman captures Deadshot and you get alittle between Will and Affleck. He also caught Harley and the chase is a bit longer than the trailer. Amanda Waller basically leaked all the squads whereabouts to batman prior so he could get them in custody.

Enchantress is the villain along with her brother that never really got named.

Flash catches Boomerang is a really quick cameo.

Harley wears her costume from the Animated series, can't remember is Joker wears his, but yeah it was dope.

Croc is a N straight up :rofl:. He even asks for BET when the mission over and they show him watching twerk videos back in his cell in the end.

Diablo turns into a Aztec fire God or some **** like that at the end to fight enchantress in one of coolest CGI fights

You get a quick montage of Katana murking yakuza

The mid credits scene is Waller talking with Bruce Wayne in the same restaurant you see in the trailers. She asks for his help in covering up the events of the movie ( which are pretty ******* catastrophic so I dunno how he could ) and in return she gives him the meta human files she's has which include Aquaman and Flash. Bruce tells her to stand do and "We will take it from here"

Joker kills common after trying to get him to ****old. I swear to god that's what happened :lol:

Last edited:

directors cut was actually a complete movie

made the movie make a whole lot of sense

even hard snarky humor throughout

only downside is its 3 hours

i did not need to see lex sink a shot at the gym in any version

The ultimate cut really does add THAT much to the film though...

WB/Snyder still don't get a pass for the theatrical cut though. They had YEARS to make a movie fit in 2.5 hours...
the only time I let that stuff slide is when the studio steps in and takes creative control from the director and changes things significantly form the director's vision

like I'm curious where fan4tastic would have went if they just let ole boy finish what he was doing.. while I didn't like the direction he was going for a F4 film.. would have been interesting to see as a sci-fi film

or you have what happened with ridley scott and kingdom of heaven or even blade runner.. but you just cant cut out pieces and the movie no longer makes sense and things are just happening
directors cut was actually a complete movie

made the movie make a whole lot of sense

only downside is its 3 hours
i read about the things that were added.. but i have fundamental problems with decisions they decided to make with the characters that a couple mins here and there wont explain

and i have zero problem with sitting through a 3 hour movie as long as it is entertaining.. which doesn't mean mind numbing action all the time.. but scenes that have legit value and show character development

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom