DC Studios THREAD - GunnVerse Begins - Chapter ONE: Gods & Monsters

Just saw the movie. As long as you come in with low expectation then you're good.
Sounds like more of the same then.

[quote name="marmourjr" url="/t/555487/dceu-movie-thread-suicide-squad-comes-out-august-5/20300_100#post_262]
Sounds like whoever doing these edit cuts decissions for WB/DCU needs to be let go.[/quote]
That's the thing though, WB got several different ppl doing the editing.

Nah shogun. You're a regular in here. Even Zik's a regular, even though I'd be surprised as hell if he liked a DC film. Especially Justice League next year. :lol:
I'm pretty sure I'm going to love Batffleck. I got more faith in Ben than anybody else right now on DC doing a movie.

As for JL, *sigh* notice how I ain't even comment on the trailer. It's w/e at this point. I don't have any hope for Snyder but I do see the tone is different with the JL trailer. Just don't know if that's a good thing.

With the solos it should be so easy to get me to like them cuz I don't got decades of DC comics logged in my mind ready to judge. Just the cartoons as a main reference. I'm not a big fan of WW, Aquaman, etc. so there's the chance for the movies to make me love them the same way Marvel made me love Iron Man and the the tv show made me love the Flash. I didn't give a **** about Ant-Man before but since the movie I got something to look forward to.

That's what should happen but based off recent history I don't know how likely that is.

I feel like people set themselves up for a fall expecting this man to be the best Joker ever :rolleyes
Same.

Seems ppl really think/want a Joker better than Ledger's. Leto's only managed to annoy me and leave me not confident on this take.

also I wish they followed the animated movie assault on arkham,

I've seen it said that joker is a crime boss in SS.. I wish that is how they incorporated penguin in that role.. and then joker was thrown in as an agent of chaos

Last edited:

:lol:

-the fact that the dude could spot Bruce running in a cloud of dust
-Perry white dictates headlines and asks reporters to match it
-Because newspaper writers play musical chairs with their stories on a daily basis
-wanting the pearl necklace, but ruining the necklace
-Mercy Catching Bruce in the computer room, and then LEAVING him alone in the computer room
-This family managed to get to their rooftop with just them and some white paint
-Batman is knocked unconscious during hos own dream only to wake up in another dream

-Because newspaper writers play musical chairs with their stories on a daily basis
-Mercy Catching Bruce in the computer room, and then LEAVING him alone in the computer room
-This family managed to get to their rooftop with just them and some white paint
-Batman is knocked unconscious during hos own dream only to wake up in another dream

Everything involving Lex Luthor was just :rolleyes :smh: :lol: at how stupid his "master plan" was.
And at everything being "evacuated" and uninhabited" just to avoid any backlash about innocent lives :rofl:

^ JL is gonna fight the main villain on a separate island in the Arctic, b

laugh.gif

Clay Cane
BET.com August 4, 2016
Not a complete disaster, but inexcusably mediocre. To be fair, the audience I saw the film with appeared to love every frame: big laughter, cheers for the action and clapping as the credits rolled. Is there a disconnect between critics and audiences?
Full Review | Original Score: C

I did not know BET reviewed movies. :wow:

Clay Cane
BET.com August 4, 2016
Not a complete disaster, but inexcusably mediocre. To be fair, the audience I saw the film with appeared to love every frame: big laughter, cheers for the action and clapping as the credits rolled. Is there a disconnect between critics and audiences?
Full Review | Original Score: C

I did not know BET reviewed movies.
eek.gif
I'm more curious to see how the audiences react to the movie...most regular folks that have actually seen the movie generally like it from what I've been seeing...

I'm really confused, is it confirmed there will be a directors cut released like BvS???

If that's the case I'm not watching in theatres, to me that screams that they know they putting out a lamer version

No confirmed director's cut

There are reports that the studio brought in their own editor to cut the film to their liking (not Ayer's).
What a bunch of morons.:smh:

Especially after you had editing issues with BvS.

Last edited:

Everything involving Lex Luthor was just :rolleyes :smh: :lol: at how stupid his "master plan" was.
And at everything being "evacuated" and uninhabited" just to avoid any backlash about innocent lives :rofl:

This account finds sins in every movie. Dark Knight, Iron Man, Winter Soldier, and Avengers got ripped.

Really though, who calls their mother by her first name like that? When talking to other ppl? :lol:

Last edited:
Honest Trailers and HISHE are superior to Cinema Sins in every way

The Honest Trailers for BvS was so spot on it was scary

Last edited:
Really though, who calls their mother by her first name like that? When talking to other ppl?
laugh.gif
Well, if it was Kal-El's finally wish...kinda odd to make it to the guy who's about to kill you, but that's another subject...it would make sense for you to say her name to the person you want to save her than to call her Mom 
laugh.gif

It would've worked if bruce called his mom "mom" also. He would've been like I called her mom too.

Really though, who calls their mother by her first name like that? When talking to other ppl? :lol:

Well, if it was Kal-El's finally wish...kinda odd to make it to the guy who's about to kill you, but that's another subject...it would make sense for you to say her name to the person you want to save her than to call her Mom :lol:
To me it's as simple as yelling Lex Luthor is going to kill my mother.

That's it. Saying Martha doesn't make her any easier to find.

It would've worked if bruce called his mom "mom" also. He would've been like I called her mom too.
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Last edited:

Well, if it was Kal-El's finally wish...kinda odd to make it to the guy who's about to kill you, but that's another subject...it would make sense for you to say her name to the person you want to save her than to call her Mom :lol:

I thought when Flash said Lois Lane was the key.. He should've said Martha was the key..

I thought when Flash said Lois Lane was the key.. He should've said Martha was the key..

Like Cinema Sins always brings up... The Pronoun Game. When you know you don't have enough time to deliver a message, why say she, him, her, etc? Just say the damn persons name!

Last edited:

I wondered that too, like it should have been

S: Save my mom
B: FDAB
S: No she's human, her name's Martha
B: Aww mane, why you ain't say that *lone tear. That's my momma name too

Last edited:
all that time spent on Louis in BvS should have been spent on developing the main 3 and lex.. and their routes to the final showdown

hell, have lex kidnap her and have that be the humanity that batman recognizes in supes (at this point we get how much he cares about her and/or his mother.. just like not needing to see bat's parents die again).. and that batman is turning (or turned) into that very evil that he spoke of (judging and attacking a dude he don't even know)

Last edited:
all that time spent on Louis in BvS should have been spent on developing the main 3 and lex.. and their routes to the final showdown

hell, have lex kidnap her and have that be the humanity that batman recognizes in supes (at this point we get how much he cares about her and/or his mother.. just like not needing to see bat's parents die again).. and that batman is turning (or turned) into that very evil that he spoke of (judging and attacking a dude he don't even know)

All that time should have just not been spent. There's no reason a BvS movie couldn't have just been 2 hours

Back
Top Bottom