DC Studios THREAD - GunnVerse Begins - Chapter ONE: Gods & Monsters

Those that have seen SS, should I be drunk in the theater? It's a 1PM matinee and I should have the place to myself

Last edited:
Really though, who calls their mother by her first name like that? When talking to other ppl? :lol:

Well, if it was Kal-El's finally wish...kinda odd to make it to the guy who's about to kill you, but that's another subject...it would make sense for you to say her name to the person you want to save her than to call her Mom :lol:
To me it's as simple as yelling Lex Luthor is going to kill my mother.

That's it. Saying Martha doesn't make her any easier to find.

I thought when Flash said Lois Lane was the key.. He should've said Martha was the key..
That would make sense if Flash's message thing was meant to be about what happens later in this movie.

I think that was all about something that might happen inn the future where Lois dies and Supes goes evil injustice style or he goes mad and is easily controlled by Darkseid like that one storyline. Lois being the key to Supes going bad or staying good. Hence Bruce's other dream where Supes makes the world go to **** and it about to kill Batffleck.

Wha'chu doing getting drunk at 1PM in a movie theater?
laugh.gif
roll.gif
Don't judge me

You guys never got drunk at lunch time inbetween classes? I think after a while my professor noticed.

[h2]Suicide Squad[/h2][h2]5 / 8[/h2]
POSITIVES

- Davis as Waller was menacing. She didn't yell once in the film yet you can understand how dangerous she is. I hope to see her go up against Lex.

- Some of the music was good. Did I hear Migos at Joker's club? 
laugh.gif

- Margot / Cara are so damn fine. Cara got Kinnaman so sprung. 
laugh.gif

- Stylistically, this was pretty cool. Nice use of colors and graphics.

- Willshot / Margot carried this film. Most of the time, this felt like a Will Smith movie.

- Joker / Harley relationship was well done. I didn't totally understand the jump-into-the-chemicals scene. Maybe it was to show her unwavering dedication to him?

- You get a good, introductory feel for Leto as Joker, who played many facets: mob boss, club owner, snake-like criminal, etc. He had <10 minutes total time, but it was very effective, imo. Very happy they didn't give you everything so I'm hoping he gets to shine in the Batfleck solo film. 
smokin.gif

NEGATIVES

- Weak villain with run-of-the-mill motive. Throwaway character although Cara looked delicious.

- There were a lot of quick shots that just "happened." There was no buildup or payoff -- it felt really disjointed at times with no cohesion or "point." The 2nd/3rd acts really lagged too. 
eyes.gif

- They stressed the squad being a "family," but I never really got that feeling.

- A lot of the humor just didn't hit. There were only a few funny moments (e.g. Willshot's white people line, Jai's character, etc.).

Last edited:
-Batman is knocked unconscious during hos own dream only to wake up in another dream

This drove me mad.:lol: :smh:

I actually had that happen to me in a dream before, no lie.
*not that entire sequence but a dream within a dream
:lol: :rofl:
Maybe just get a buzz going and if you find you're not liking the movie. Pound back some more drinks. :\

Taking a flask for this purpose.
Dudes coming out of Suicide Squad drunk with alcohol poisoning :lol:

By the time Flash comes out thread gonna low-key be an AA meeting.

Just purchased my ticket to see this at 10:30. I'll let you guys know how it is, like always :lol:

Back
Top Bottom