DC Studios THREAD - GunnVerse Begins - Chapter ONE: Gods & Monsters

5/8

Second half of the movie was the downfall of the movie...

Overall the movie wasn't bad but it wasn't good.

Better than CW? 
eek.gif
nowhere near. dude is just hyped. he'll sleep it off and wake up tomorrow a lil closer to normal lol

Hell no, it's not touching CW. but it's no fantastic 4 like some critics were saying.

-loved the character intros and backstory, had me cheesin
-Batman's lil drop ins to mess up their day in the past was cool, wish there was more
-Margot may be the most beautiful thing i've seen in life, great Harley Quinn
-Will shot was great, i'd watch a solo flick, i loved his gun fu style
-Boomerang was funny, son had me dying when Flagg said "you're free" and he didn't flinch, he was just out immediately
-Waller was a bad mother ******, the actual villain of the whole thing
-I liked this insane mobster take on joker, just not enough fleshed out
-Fun overall, my chick thought the score was amazing

Cons:
-This job was too omega level for the damn suicide squad, a smaller, more personal mission would suit them well. Should've tied in the gods thing with Diablo
-disposable putty army again? really?
-plot ehh
-enchantress was a cheesy villain, she was moving like this at some point

[IMG ALT][/IMG]

-Killer croc's lines were straight outta Michael Bay's how to be black on film class 101
-typical weak final act

5/8, pretty ok summer mind off

Last edited:
Jokes were corny but the movie was still entertaining. The only thing that bothers me a little about these team up movies, is when they have regular heros/villains go up against the near god-like heros/villains.

Also did the enchantress really say "you don't have the balls" or did I mishear that? 
laugh.gif

nowhere near. dude is just hyped. he'll sleep it off and wake up tomorrow a lil closer to normal lol
No kidding. It took a 20 minute car ride home for me to calm down from the hype . 
laugh.gif

Still enjoyed it, but I won't make an effort to watch it again. More details on Sunday or whenever we start openly discussing the movie.

Yesssss that's what kept this movie from being 'Great' for me - a better more suitable villian would have took this to the next level. They did not have to get extreme and get a Godlike , end of the world type force

I just watched the Killing Joke online, I know it got some bad reviews but I really enjoyed it. Animation was kinda old school though.

I need to find a girl to look at me the way Barbabra looked at Bats :frown:

6/8 maybe

Was okay, not great not nearly as bad as the critics say.

I feel like the tools were there to make something great, just wasn't flushed out enough in the script.

WB rushing this whole goddamn thing is likely why.

-enchantress was a cheesy villain, she was moving like this at some point

[IMG ALT][/IMG]

YESSSSSSS!!!!!!...joint had me rolin'...like witch you out here slow dancin' to music in yo' head o' something? :rofl:

Last edited:
Meh. Definitely not as bad as reviews are saying. It was ok. For sure it was fun and there were a few one-liners but overall very mediocre. Just didn't flow well at all.

And I did think there were too many songs that have been used in a million other movies, commercials, etc.

Margot as Harley is perfect.

movie was ok

lots of dumb and wtf moments in the movie too

really makes me wonder about WB editing team now...

don't think it deserves the 28% RT score though

Crazy how the editing as killed both major films within months of releasing. This is uncalled for from such a major studio. It's ridiculous. No reason this movie shouldn't been getting GOTG type praise

Last edited:
Glad people are seeing for themselves and making own decisions. The difference between this and the first two DC movies I feel was the vision of this universe is ALOT clearer here than before.

I think they should have dealt with a lower level villain in this one, having the villain in the film gives you the same problems post-Avengers, which is where's Batman, WW, Flash, etc... during the whole film?

I think they should have dealt with a lower level villain in this one, having the villain in the film gives you the same problems post-Avengers, which is where's Batman, WW, Flash, etc... during the whole film?

I would have been alright with joker being the one manipulating Enchatress but either way your right.

who would you have picked?

Playing devils advocate, since this is right after BvS there still isn't a justice league yet

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom