DC Studios THREAD - GunnVerse Begins - Chapter ONE: Gods & Monsters

Peeps here don't even care about spoilers :lol: ...shows how mediocre this movie is

Where did anyone spoil the movie?

What the movie mediocre to you? I get it not being amazing but the movie ain't below a B- at minimum

Last edited:
Joker or some mob boss, maybe Black Mask?

I know this is pretty much changing the movie plot but it would have been better if they just kept it real simple and did like Dredd where Black Mask is in some huge building compound and they kind of have to work up to get to him. And make it more about bonding and getting Black Mask and finding a way to get away from Waller. Then have the Joker also do what he does in the film (not going to go further by spoiling it).

They could still keep their "plot twist" in the film that really felt like it didn't pay off too well where...

...they were actually trying to rescue Waller, it was weakly executed.

Now if they did the Black Mask plot and Waller is actually being rescued and it turned out her instructions were actually a recording then it would have had a bigger impact.

Really seemed pointless to convince the government to approve Task Force X in the film, it felt somewhat unnecessary.

Then have the Joker come in trying to recuse Harley or I would have had Joker as a cameo in the end rescuing her and end it there, just a teaser and get the audience hungry for more Joker and get people more excited about the solo Batman film.

Last edited:

I know this is pretty much changing the movie plot but it would have been better if they just kept it real simple and did like Dredd where Black Mask is in some huge building compound and they kind of have to work up to get to him. And make it more about bonding and getting Black Mask and finding a way to get away from Waller. Then have the Joker also do what he does in the film (not going to go further by spoiling it).

They could still keep their "plot twist" in the film that really felt like it didn't pay off too well where...

Now if they did the Black Mask plot and Waller is actually being rescued and it turned out her instructions were actually a recording then it would have had a bigger impact.

Really seemed pointless to convince the government to approve Task Force X in the film, it felt somewhat unnecessary.

Then have the Joker come in trying to recuse Harley or I would have had Joker as a cameo in the end rescuing her and end it there, just a teaser and get the audience hungry for more Joker and get people more excited about the solo Batman film.

Only argument againist that is what would they be doing that warrants Governemnt intervention?

I get why they went with who they did cause it's a event that needs a stronger response.

Again joker should have been the one behind the scenes. The way they had him was fun and interesting but really underwhelming in terms of his potential.

They really could have been just a testing of the team, since this team is actually suppose to be lowkey and created from the depths of the government that is in need to know basis, they really should be operating lowkey as well.

I get it that they are assembled to prevent bigger threats like if a new Superman is a terrorist (that's in the commercial, so it's not a spoiler) but they could have been utilized better.

As for a reason with my Black Mask plot, they could just say the Government needs more skilled individuals and that the mission is too classified that the government can't be implicated in assassination of Black Mask so they need villains or patsys to blaim if it all fails. Maybe Black Masks was in another country or island where government couldn't enter due to diplomacy and wahtnot, that is actually better than a compound/building because they'd have more places to cover.

They really could have been just a testing of the team, since this team is actually suppose to be lowkey and created from the depths of the government that is in need to know basis, they really should be operating lowkey as well.

I get it that they are assembled to prevent bigger threats like if a new Superman is a terrorist (that's in the commercial, so it's not a spoiler) but they could have been utilized better.

As for a reason with my Black Mask plot, they could just say the Government needs more skilled individuals and that the mission is too classified that the government can't be implicated in assassination of Black Mask so they need villains or patsys to blaim if it all fails. Maybe Black Masks was in another country or island where government couldn't enter due to diplomacy and wahtnot, that is actually better than a compound/building because they'd have more places to cover.

I can rock with this.

For me I don't get the where is such and such vibe until after justice league though.

viola was cold :pimp: will was hilarious , margot was looking :pimp: and i enjoyed the joker , couldnt take my eyes of his character whenever he was on screen .

7.5/10 (6/8 for the out of 8 peeps) - Solid and thoroughly enjoyable summer flick. It's not meant to be a "masterpiece". It's not supposed to be The Godfather.

+ Loved the characters. (Especially El Diablo.)
+ Great opening.
+ The ensemble of actors were all great. No one made me cringe like Eisenberg's Lex or fall asleep like Renner's Hawkeye.
+ Cool action moments. Everyone gets to shine in the fights.
+ Really liked the character interactions.
+ Harley Quinn has got to be one of the most adorable and endearing psychopaths ever.
+ Deadshot, El Diablo, and Katana all have moments that made me feel legit compassion for their hardships. Even though they're villains who've killed people.
+ Amanda Waller. Viola Davis is great at intimidation and deception.
+ Some cool fan service with iconic poses and depictions of characters.

+/- The story was in-between. It shines when the Squad doesn't know the details of the mission and are forced to work for Waller and when they're still locked up in Belle Reve. It dips in and out when they're trying to find answers.
+/- Some of the effects were great and others looked too CG in the live settings. The wipes and overlays were hit-or-miss.
+/- The music was good and bad. Some great choices that added to the scene and others that I don't think fit any mood of the film.
+/- As much as I felt the movie dipped a bit in the middle, I thought it picked back up in the end and liked it a lot. Ended on a high note for me.

- Villain is a basic run of the mill out for destruction type character. The motives are petty.
- Joker is barely in it. It would of been the same movie without him.
- Yep, you guessed it. There's some editing problems. Some of the flashbacks don't flow very well.
- Some of the dialog and small sections of scenes are not very natural and suffer from trying to be too cool. Killer Croc's portrayal is the biggest offender. I hope they use Croc again in the future and just make him menacing instead of "hip".

R.I.P. Slipknot. Did son even have one speaking line? You see him on screen for like 60 seconds. Boomerang got him faded EARLY.

:lol: :lol: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Last edited:
36D845F400000578-3722073-image-a-160_1470249479085.jpg

man one  my boys didnt wanna see SS cause he said it got a 27% on RT
mean.gif
  had 0 expectations but id rate it a solid 8/10 tbh  no way this movie is fantastic four level garbage

the critics must be some marvel ****s on the disney payroll i agree on the villian should of been something more simpler 

overall enjoyable movie 

also was i tripping or did i see batman kiss harley

Just got out of a viewing and it was very good. Coulda been great had they made it "edgier" or something, but it was still a good time nonetheless. Margoquinn was as amazing as you thought she'd be, and Will, he's still the man haha. And yes those are the main two so they were developed the most. The others were jammed in there somehow. But at least they didn't get the Slip Knot treatment. Slip knot...well...poor guy haha.

I can see some of the criticism BVS got, like how it's too brooding etc, but the early reviews on this one are just plain wrong. I don't go to movies based on reviews, in fact I avoid them mostly. But in the cases of the DC movies it seems very hard not to see it. Anyways, treat yourself to a summer blockbuster and go watch this movie.

Last edited:
Hmm. Nt reception of this movie is way more positive than it was for BvS. Makes me a little curious now.. Might not say no if my cousins ask me to watch with them...

At worse, maybe this is a bad but fun movie?

Hmm. Nt reception of this movie is way more positive than it was for BvS. Makes me a little curious now.. Might not say no if my cousins ask me to watch with them...

At worse, maybe this is a bad but fun movie?

it's not even "bad but fun" it's just fun and not the greatest movie of all time.
perfectly enjoyable summer popcorn flick.

The way Killer Croc was portrayed, he should of been called Killa Croc. Should of had this playing for his introduction. :pimp:

Last edited:
Not sure what movie the critics were watching but this as a solid film.

Will, Margoto, and Leto delivered.
Viola made me hate Waller so she did a great job too.
Plot has some issues but not like BvS (theatrical cut)

I don't have the high opinion that most have of GotG so this was on par with it in terms of enjoyment. The final act was definitely more satisfying.

6/8

The animated movie did a great job with this.. Also do a great job of handling batman's role within the JL, which has a similar thing going

When you look at most of the team, they're just regular humans.. So as they said in double toasted, why not just call your best special forces guys

SS should be used when government folks who have regulation and all that jazz have some dirty shhhh they are trying to deal with and can't go to the heroes and they are trying to keep it off the books

You could have one of the villains steal something that was built or created by the government that wasn't supposed to be built or created (whether being illegal or so chemical something).. SS gotta go some place dangerous to get and you're dealing with everything that comes with it

Back
Top Bottom