DC Studios THREAD - GunnVerse Begins - Chapter ONE: Gods & Monsters

It's going be sad when we look back on the actors and/or directors that are getting wasted on some of these projects

If you could pick any actress in holiday to play Waller, viola Davis is it.. That shhh just going down the drain

Like xmen apocalypse had fassbender, Oscar Isaac and mcavoy just being wasted

Not everyone shares your opinion about this though. Just cause you guys post five per page about why it sucks to you doesn't make it that everyone feels that :lol:

I love the cast and think they will flourish as the movies progress

Fox is the most disappointing studio by far ..how you turn the Xmen into just "meh" characters is a tragedy

They ruled the 90s ..us 90s babies should be pushing every movie they have into a billie easily

I legit forgot the plot of AoA ..doesn't even seem like it came out this year

Last edited:
I've actually pointed out numerous positives on all of the DCEU films.. Esepcially people casted

As I said in that post, I think talent is being either wasted or not being put in a position to succeed

It's going be sad when we look back on the actors and/or directors that are getting wasted on some of these projects

If you could pick any actress in holiday to play Waller, viola Davis is it.. That shhh just going down the drain

Like xmen apocalypse had fassbender, Oscar Isaac and mcavoy just being wasted

DC is like The Firm of comic book film studios.

I've actually pointed out numerous positives on all of the DCEU films.. Esepcially people casted

As I said in that post, I think talent is being either wasted or not being put in a position to succeed

Right I'm talkin about all the stuff You didn't post positive. Why is that what you guys always say when we bring up this stuff. Obviously I am not gonna argue about stuff I agree with you with :lol:

The cast isn't being wasted that's what we are debating here

Right I'm talkin about all the stuff You didn't post positive. Why is that what you guys always say when we bring up this stuff. Obviously I am not gonna argue about stuff I agree with you with :lol:

The cast isn't being wasted that's what we are debating here

You choose to pick out only the negative..

Well I can point out the positive I've said, repeatedly

Can someone please tell me if Enchantress' "brother" is an actual DC character? He was my biggest beef. Why not have Enchantress partner with Joker, Hades, Felix Faust or some other known villain? And I agree with the previous comment that this should have been a "Saving Private Ryan" type of plot, instead.

I liked it when I watched it last night (6/8), but I just wish the big bad furthered the DCEU somehow (Joker would have been best, but someone Darkseid-related like Granny Goodness would have been nuts).

Honestly, I would have rather this been 2 separate movies -- "Harley Quinn" (focused on Harley, Joker, Deadshot, Croc, et.) and "Shadowpact" (focused on Enchantress, El Diablo, Katana, and other magic users like Zatana, Dr. Fate, Faust, etc.

The cast isn't being wasted, Margot, Leto, Will, Viola, Jay Hernandez, even Flagg were all really well done.

You choose to pick out only the negative..

Well I can point out the positive I've said, repeatedly

Well In a debate you tend to......

View media item 1877848
Y'all sometimes I swear

Going back to what you said p, the sky isn't falling the cast isn't being wasted when the movie wasnt even garbage. Will killed it as Deadshot, Harley is everything we wanted, Diablo was a g and will probably be back, and somehow Jai Courtney was good. Plus Viola Davis was everything we expected outta a screen version of walker.

Can someone please tell me if Enchantress' "brother" is an actual DC character? He was my biggest beef. Why not have Enchantress partner with Joker, Hades, Felix Faust or some other known villain? And I agree with the previous comment that this should have been a "Saving Private Ryan" type of plot, instead.

I liked it when I watched it last night (6/8), but I just wish the big bad furthered the DCEU somehow (Joker would have been best, but someone Darkseid-related like Granny Goodness would have been nuts).

Honestly, I would have rather this been 2 separate movies -- "Harley Quinn" (focused on Harley, Joker, Deadshot, Croc, et.) and "Shadowpact" (focused on Enchantress, El Diablo, Katana, and other magic users like Zatana, Dr. Fate, Faust, etc.

yeah he's incubus. faced the suicide squad including many of these characters in the 80s in comics, according to google. i wasn't reading those comics in the 80s.

Last edited:
And Ryan Reynolds was good in wolverine origins..

Or RDJ being great as ironman, but you still got IM 2 & 3.. Or hemsworth good as Thor and those 2 movies (also throw Hiddleston in there)

Most xmen folks in those movies

Baby/bath water idiom

Last edited:
yeah he's incubus. faced the suicide squad including many of these characters in the 80s in comics, according to google. i wasn't reading those comics in the 80s.

Repped, thanks! Would've been nice if someone said his name once during the movie at some point, lol!

Repped, thanks! Would've been nice if someone said his name once during the movie at some point, lol!

i think it appeared on one of the files during the scene where june found the statue with enchantress in it, and again on a file when enchantress freed him from the other statue. but i knew his name beforehand, so i was looking for it.

And Ryan Reynolds was good in wolverine origins..

Or RDJ being great as ironman, but you still got IM 2 & 3.. Or hemsworth good as Thor and those 2 movies (also throw Hiddleston in there)

Most xmen folks in those movies

Baby/bath water idiom

And Sucide squad is better than all those movies except for Iron man 1. That's the crux of the debate here. Audience reviews are coming and majority of people like the movie. A lot.

Anyone wanna post the Easter eggs they spotted so far?

And Sucide squad is better than all those movies except for Iron man 1. That's the crux of the debate here. Audience reviews are coming and majority of people like the movie. A lot.

Anyone wanna post the Easter eggs they spotted so far?

Ostrander Federal building stood out immediately

I can definitely see critics' gripes with this movie. So much of the dialogue and exposition was so ham-fisted, you could tell they threw this thing together in a limited amount of time.

It was a solid movie, though. Definitely a snowball effect from BvS being a mess. This was ten times better.

And Sucide squad is better than all those movies except for Iron man 1.

Isn't that a matter of opinion?

In my opinion:
While I find the first two xmen movies vanilla, I think those are better movies..

First class and days of future past are better

I would put this on par with: ironman 2, Thor movies and the wolverine

Of the movies that I coverered above that are outright worse than SS:

AOA, ironman 3, x3 and the wolverine origins

That's the crux of the debate here.

It's place amongst other comic book movies isn't the debate.. I'm just giving a comparison of other disappointments, that have a lot of talent and great source material to work with

Last edited:
The scene where she killed off the crew was the only moment that stood out for me in regards to waller and her character

this is nitpicky,

I wish they just ripped off spawn and had something inside Waller and/or ya boy monitoring their hearts.. Instead of showing her phone or the thing ha boy had

I liked her being ruthless and cold blooded.. Just didn't like the mid credits

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom