DC Studios THREAD - GunnVerse Begins - Chapter ONE: Gods & Monsters

If only Bryan Cranston was Lex and they actually made Superman charismatic like Cavill really is [emoji]9785[/emoji]️

How many months did it take for the ultimate edition of BvS to come out? :nerd: 4 months?

I'm trying to figure when the SS version drops. If its 4 then seeing it in Dec ain't bad at all.

:lol:
Haven't seen SS and will probably wait for the director's cut
but my expectations for JL are so low it's not even funny man

because for some reason I can't help but hear Snyder's voice in that video where he talks about how it would be stupid for a man with a big S on his chest and a man dressed up as a Bat to be talking to each other and how on earth would they both be taken seriously, so he wanted to keep them in their civilian clothes whenever they had a meaningful interaction
:lol:

Then I watch the JL trailer and notice how there's so many scenes where all the main players have dialogue outside their respective costumes, except for cyborg and batman( "I'm real when it's needed" line or whatever)

I just dunno man

and it seems like everyone on here has forgotten about that because of the Ultimate edition
I haven't.

Snyder is a terrible director with terrible vision. Between what you mentioned and the possibility of Batrape I find it mindnumbing he still has a job. That he needed a 3hr+ take to make what some feel is a good movie after serving up trash theatrically is a joke.

Snyder is a terrible director with terrible vision. Between what you mentioned and the possibility of Batrape I find it mindnumbing he still has a job.

Batrape? I must've missed that... to paraphrase my little man Arnold, whatchu talkin' 'bout, Zik?

And Sucide squad is better than all those movies except for Iron man 1. That's the crux of the debate here. Audience reviews are coming and majority of people like the movie. A lot.

Anyone wanna post the Easter eggs they spotted so far?

Spoilers just in case :D

I caught the movie a second time; yes I paid to see this movie twice, and saw:

The description about Harley Quinn being an accomplice to the murder of Robin.

I saw the John Ostrander Federal Building.

The guy in the beginning selling the Superman shirt and it saying "Remember" on the back.

In the scene at the bar, Harley mentions that they aren't normal; normal is a setting on a washing machine. When Enchantress is showing them the things they want, Harley's scene opens with her pressing normal on a washing machine.

The nod to the Alex Ross cover

View media item 2125164

Last edited:
The movie is doing really well worldwide. And also another thing I saw noted that was interesting is that it's doing really well with women, black and Hispanic viewers. Having Harley front and center and Will Smith is paying off

Maybe Marvel can take some notes about having diversified casts

Last edited:
Didn't even realize that Harley, Will, Waller, and Diablo as leads was a very good look as far as representation goes

That went over my head completely

Yeah marvel is fine. They're movies aren't underperforming.
Sure, but catering to other people besides white males can't hurt. It would get you even more money

42% of the audience for SS were women( something that no marvel movie has done) and 41% of the audiences were black/ Hispanic

Last edited:
Yo was Common supposed to be a character from the comics? I hope so, otherwise I see no point in him looking like a cartoon bull.

Snyder is a terrible director with terrible vision. Between what you mentioned and the possibility of Batrape I find it mindnumbing he still has a job.

Batrape? I must've missed that... to paraphrase my little man Arnold, whatchu talkin' 'bout, Zik?
Well, one new point of difference is make them more grim and gritty, like Hancock or The Dark Knight, which seems to also work in Watchmen’s favor —

Snyder: Everyone says that about [Christopher Nolan’s] Batman Begins. ”Batman’s dark.” I’m like, okay, ”No, Batman’s cool.” He gets to go to a Tibetan monastery and be trained by ninjas. Okay? I want to do that. But he doesn’t, like, get raped in prison. That could happen in my movie. If you want to talk about dark, that’s how that would go.

http://www.ew.com/article/2008/07/17/watchmen-chat-director-zack-snyder
:smh: :stoneface: :x

The man doesn't understand superhero comics or movie audiences and I feel sorry for the ppl that like his work and those forcing themselves to defend and praise his trash.

Sure, but catering to other people besides white males can't hurt. It would get you even more money

42% of the audience for SS were women( something that no marvel movie has done) and 41% of the audiences were black/ Hispanic
Are you not paying attention to the planned movies Marvel has coming out? The casts of those movies in particular?

:lol: @ Marvel could learn something from DC cuz of the audience they're attracting.

Last edited:

Well, one new point of difference is make them more grim and gritty, like Hancock or The Dark Knight, which seems to also work in Watchmen’s favor —

Snyder: Everyone says that about [Christopher Nolan’s] Batman Begins. ”Batman’s dark.” I’m like, okay, ”No, Batman’s cool.” He gets to go to a Tibetan monastery and be trained by ninjas. Okay? I want to do that. But he doesn’t, like, get raped in prison. That could happen in my movie. If you want to talk about dark, that’s how that would go.

http://www.ew.com/article/2008/07/17/watchmen-chat-director-zack-snyder
:smh: :stoneface: :x

The man doesn't understand superhero comics or movie audiences and I feel sorry for the ppl that like his work and those forcing themselves to defend and praise his trash.

Are you not paying attention to the planned movies Marvel has coming out? The casts of those movies in particular?

:lol: @ Marvel could learn something from DC cuz of the audience they're attracting.
Yep just like how BP is getting pushed back and the next 2 films they have coming out have white guys front and center. Sure they are getting better but they are super late to the party when they had a head start by years. This should've been done. You shouldn't have to wait until phase 9 to introduce non white male leads

Last edited:
Don't forget the screenwriter saying:

"‘Batman Vs. Superman’ is where you go when you admit to yourself that you’ve exhausted all possibilities,”

It's going be sad when we look back on the actors and/or directors that are getting wasted on some of these projects

If you could pick any actress in holiday to play Waller, viola Davis is it.. That shhh just going down the drain

Like xmen apocalypse had fassbender, Oscar Isaac and mcavoy just being wasted

This is what kills me.

lmao this movie is horrible. yall keep reminding of it too 
laugh.gif

viola davis is being vastly overrated.

christopher nolan please come back.  

Back
Top Bottom