DC Studios THREAD - GunnVerse Begins - Chapter ONE: Gods & Monsters

Movie was meh , jokes were forced came out a bit a corny but I like Harley & the rest of the team even tho joker didn't have that much screen time , I didn't like him at all as the joker . Was expecting so much more

Last edited:

At that scene Leto was over acting and I was cringing hard but I was on board after that

This phase of DC films have been mixed at best in my opinion.

They can easily save its credibility in the next set of films. I want to see Waller and Argus go against the JL just like the cartoon. Have the SS actually go into the watchtower and we can have several cameos throughout that movie.

The blueprint for a dope DCEU is in the JL cartoons, if they can extrapolate on that, greatness can be there.

Everyone overacting. Harley was OD, Joker was awful. Smith was Smith.

Only person I liked was the dude from the Killing/HOC

Just got back from watching. I won't say it's awful, but whatever the next step up from awful is....that would be this movie smh.

I liked it. Definitely cut out almost all the dope parts from the trailers and the pacing was a bit off but overall the performances made it tolerable. Will, Margot, and Viola killed it. I left either wanting more Joker or thinking he could have been left or entirely, not that Leto was bad, I actually like his take, but it was a bit scattered with his placement. He definitely needs to be a big part of the Bats solo film along with HQ. Their dynamic on screen was really good. So much better than Bats v Supes. Some cringe worthy lines and another lack luster villain when seems to be the norm across all comic book movies now, but a solid film none the less. Not the apocalyptic F4 mess I had read about but definitely room for improvement as well. Decent setup to the rest of the universe.

6.2/8

Currently sitting in the theater waiting for SS to start. I get here 45 minutes early and there was Hella people here waiting too.

Bruh who played Croc got shafted twice. This and Thor 2. This was worse tho.

I just had to google who played Croc. I had ZERO idea it was the OG Adebisi
Son is out here bungee jumping with no cord or harness.

Took me until comicon to realize he was in it and I still didn't know who he was playing. Figured it was a minor role like Common's or dude who played Slipknot.

Last edited:
Son is out here bungee jumping with no cord or harness.

Took me until comicon to realize he was in it and I still.didn't know who he was playing. Figured it was a minor role like Common's or dude who played Slipknot.

I feel bad for Adam Beach. Damn good actor who was absolutely wasted in this.

"Warner Brothers does not care about Native American people."

kanyehasballz.gif

This movie was as mediocre as it can get. Only slightly better than the theatrical BVS.

From the very beginning, they just overdid the music in the introduction scenes. Like my God just let the actors act, we don't need the shuffle on your playlist. It was like watching the trailers all over again. Deadshot and Harley's intros were great. REALLY REALLY REALLY wish Harley had at least 5 more minutes in Arkham with the Joker. Felt like we were all teased smh. Enchantress with the long hair was nice and creepy but that lame *** dancing Egyptian she turned into for the third act was AWFUL.

Slipknot was pointless

Killer Croc was just as soft shoed and sambo'ish as those twin robots in transformers. Just awful one liners smh

Boomerang had one memorable scene, when he left them at the bar. That's it, movie woulda been fine without him imo

Don't remember the ninja girls name but she was going in with that sword

Diablo was cool and his backstory was emotional but for him to say "y'all are my family now" at the end was beyond cheesy. Him being the key to killing Enchantress' brother was alright I guess.

I feel like the editing/sequencing ruined this movie, why show the sword a split second before Harley bows down to Enchantress? It ruined the dramatic effect. Also Emchantress' whole beam of energy in a circle looked exactly like Fantastic 4 and X-Men Apocalypse smh.

Overall, I enjoyed every scene with the Joker, Harley was decent and Waller and Deadshot were good. Everything else I didn't like at all

5/10

This movie was so bad. 

I cringed at all the forced one-liners.

The movie got progressively worse and worse until the terrible excuse for a climactic ending.   

The last fight scene was sooo bad and then all of sudden Enchantress decided to take all their weapons and spare them. 

I liked Deadshot and Harley.  

Jared Leto's portrayal of The Joker was extremely dull though.  It didn't move me at all. 

I actually liked Batman vs Superman better than this just for the simple fact that the action was so much better.  

3/10

Last edited:
I almost threw up in my mouth at that B.E.T line croc made.

Joint was a shallow barely fleshed out to movie that felt like it could've been done in 40 minutes

I enjoyed the movie. Yes it had some problems but i enjoyed it I will see it again in theaters. I want to see more of Leto as the Joker. The Joker is so many things a psycho, a genius a comedian let's try gangster it's a new take. This isnt Nolans Dark knight world so don't compare this Joker to Ledger's Joker or Jacks

Last edited:
I enjoyed it. I loved Harley, but the movie did have some problems. I'd say it does have potential for future installments. 

DC does have some catching up to do I'd say to compete with marvel. 

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom