DC Studios THREAD - GunnVerse Begins - Chapter ONE: Gods & Monsters

Snyder is a terrible director with terrible vision. Between what you mentioned and the possibility of Batrape I find it mindnumbing he still has a job.

Batrape? I must've missed that... to paraphrase my little man Arnold, whatchu talkin' 'bout, Zik?
Well, one new point of difference is make them more grim and gritty, like Hancock or The Dark Knight, which seems to also work in Watchmen’s favor —

Snyder: Everyone says that about [Christopher Nolan’s] Batman Begins. ”Batman’s dark.” I’m like, okay, ”No, Batman’s cool.” He gets to go to a Tibetan monastery and be trained by ninjas. Okay? I want to do that. But he doesn’t, like, get raped in prison. That could happen in my movie. If you want to talk about dark, that’s how that would go.

http://www.ew.com/article/2008/07/17/watchmen-chat-director-zack-snyder
:smh: :stoneface: :x

The man doesn't understand superhero comics or movie audiences and I feel sorry for the ppl that like his work and those forcing themselves to defend and praise his trash.

Yeah marvel is fine. They're movies aren't underperforming.
Sure, but catering to other people besides white males can't hurt. It would get you even more money

42% of the audience for SS were women( something that no marvel movie has done) and 41% of the audiences were black/ Hispanic
Are you not paying attention to the planned movies Marvel has coming out? The casts of those movies in particular?

:lol: @ Marvel could learn something from DC cuz of the audience they're attracting.
Yep just like how BP is getting pushed back and the next 2 films they have coming out have white guys front and center. Sure they are getting better but they are super late to the party when they had a head start by years. This should've been done. You shouldn't have to wait until phase 9 to introduce non white male leads
So what it sounds like is you want Marvel to rush and throw **** out there as fast as they can like DC as long as it has ppl of color in it and since poc will come out to see those movies regardless that'll make up for the dip in quality.

I can see why Marvel didn't do that when they can take their time have poc in their movies and make them great but hey maybe we saw a different movie and Black Panther didn't have an important subplot in Civil War.

A lot of ya post seems like a lot of talk I g with little thought. I mean BP was pushed back once. It already happened. Its not getting pushed back and you fail to mention for what; Spider-Man, by far their biggest character.

Next 2 movies featuring white dude's and one of those movies opening up the door for the supernatural and magic in the MCU. The other is just finishing off a trilogy.

If all you care about is ppl of color in the forefront I can understand why you're mad. I speak out on it too a lot, I ain't foolish enough to think the DC model is the way to go cuz just throwing them in there for the **** of it hoping for a poc audience is not the way to go. I can even see why you bring up poc in movies brings in a poc audience. Marvel studios has a plan and is sticking to it. DC honestly isn't doing anything new.

Also again, pay attention. Phase 3 which we are currently in is going to have the first black male solo movie and a female led solo movie before phase 4.

You talking like Zoe ain't a blatina and Batista aint latino.

I mean DC just got Will Smith. Lets not pretend he doesn't bring an audience on his own. Are you saying Marvel should just throw Denzel and Alicia Vikander in there as a main focus of a Thunderbolts movie?

Last edited:
I'm just not seeing it with Harley. My audience was silent during like all of her jokes. She was annoying to me.

I really enjoyed it..6.5/8...joker had a real presence on screen, and the short little jabs were perfect. It kept you wanting more...

Harley Quinn goes without saying...blew it away.

Deadpool was great...big Willy style still got it!

Surprisingly impressed by boomerang..

Overall I thoroughly enjoyed myself, I went in with no expectations and left impressed...can't ask for more.

Yea I could do without the croc, could really do without the love story with enchantress...I get it tho...I also was expecting more from the final fight but meh..small Lil thing to nitpick ..

Last edited:
[quote name="VA757VA" url="/t/555487/dceu-movie-thread-suie-squad-comes-out-august-5/20900_100#post_263]
Deadpool was great...big Willy style still got it![/quote]
:lol: Marvel Freudian slip like Kevin Smith.

Last edited:
Plenty of people don't like TDKR. I thought that was the consensus.

Last edited:
It's weird as I was watching TDKR I was thoroughly enjoying it, the moment the credits rolled I was like WTF just happened :lol:

How the **** is batman only in the movie for 20 minutes? In his own god damn movie :smh:

Repped

TDKR was a legitimately bad movie and no one acknowledges it.

Yeah, I thought they messed with the Bane character needlessly. Talia should've been straight up League of Assassins level. And JGL should've become Nightwing.

Oh well... I still do Bane voice all the time, tho. My girl hates it.

After TDKR, I'm glad he left.

Said this in another thread.. If ledger had lived, I would have loved for them to do a version of the killing joke

Could still have batman retire.. And then Gordon's daughter takes up the mantle of batgirl when she gets older.. Joker fakes his death in arkham and escapes

Go from there

Last edited:
Haven't seen this discussed yet, but I think DC missed an opportunity by not even hinting towards Jason Todd's death...

There were definitely dumb things in the movie but overall it was enjoyable. My theatre was packed and it responded well to basically every joke + big sequence.

Harley, Deadshot, Waller, Joker, Griggs were great.

There were some dumb things for sure though. Most notably, the reason for assembling the task force. I think they were on the right track but didn't finish it off. I could buy Waller PITCHING it as a squad to take down metahumans but actually using it as a tool to clean up shady government projects. Enchantress was under government watch - it makes sense to use this squad to take her down so people wouldn't ask too many questions about where she came from and why she wasn't taken down. They coulda relayed that quickly and shown that Waller didn't expect 3 regular criminals to take down Superman - she just used that excuse to play to the government fears.

Playing up the "family" aspect of the squad was another mistake. Harley's line about "friends" was stupid. So was Diablo's line about family. Playing up that some of them are misunderstood or human is cool. Like what Deadshot and Harley's relationship with Diablo. The contrast with how little Boomerang and Croc cared about everything worked. But don't make them a group of friends.

One of the things Assualt on Arkham did really well was play up how Batmn/Joker were these larger than life figures looming in the background. They should've all been worried about wandering the streets and whether Batman would take them down. Or been worried about Joker's gang taking everyone out and taking Harley back. There was a tiny bit of that but not enough.

More of a cheesy popcorn flick than the darker, more serious films we expect from DC but still good. Lots of the stuff in the reviews is badly overblown.

We only got a glimpse of Joker but I liked it a lot. Can't wait to see him lead in a Batman flick.

Just got done with the film . Met my expectations , I loved the movie . My wife loved this film . She's in love with Leto and terrified of him at the same time lol! Waller was excellent , Deadshot , Margot , Cap Boomerang. The tie in to JLA was on point . The surprise cameo was good. Killer Croc was ******* tho smh . The movie's parts were better than the whole , but again, my expectations were met , and these films aren't supposed to all be 10/10 films . Marvel's def are not . This felt like a comic arc, not a big event. Which is fine !

And yeah the family and friend **** was dumb. Wasn't nearly enough time for them to have that kinda dynamic. As a result, i didn't care for what Diablo did.

Back
Top Bottom