DC Studios THREAD - GunnVerse Begins - Chapter ONE: Gods & Monsters

No, that's Bruce Wayne and that's pretty accurate :lol: Deathstroke is a Batman-level fighter and always has been. Don't know where this claim of Batman giving him "that work" all the time is coming from.

Last edited:
???

2008?

What was the Deadpool hype then? Or is this a joke to say none? :lol: :nerd:

Bruh, you don't remember the Deadpool hype before Wolverine Origins came out? I'll never forget it from all the money I made selling Deadpool figures at the time :lol:

i must have smoked too much :smokin back then cause I don't remember even knowing he was in the movie until I saw it

???

2008?

What was the Deadpool hype then? Or is this a joke to say none? :lol: :nerd:

Bruh, you don't remember the Deadpool hype before Wolverine Origins came out? I'll never forget it from all the money I made selling Deadpool figures at the time :lol:
I honestly don't.

But at least I know what you're talking about now.

I'm honestly not sure Deathstroke will have the same hype as Deadpool in general.

Last edited:
good for SS, bad for BvS?

Domestic
SS - $325m
BvS - $330m

Worldwide
SS - $745m
BvS - $873m

keep in mind that SS didn't release in China where BvS earned an extra $100m for BvS

No matter what light you throw on BvS you know WB wanted more.

But to sit at $1.6B for two movies ain't bad at all...

good for SS, bad for BvS?

Domestic
SS - $325m
BvS - $330m

Worldwide
SS - $745m
BvS - $873m

keep in mind that SS didn't release in China where BvS earned an extra $100m for BvS
That is embarrassing.

SS I guess by their expectations overperformed while BvS greatly underperformed.

There's no reason a Batman and Superman movie shouldn't have done a billi on its own unless you were trying to sabotage it.

I get more why SONY reboot the Spidey franchise and then did the deal with Marvel.

Yeah, Suicide Squad coming that close to Batman vs Superman says a lot . Of the 3 films we've gotten so far, Suicide Squad was, by far, the wild card of the bunch that wasn't guaranteed anything. A Batman vs Superman story damn near sells itself on the idea of those two heroes fighting alone.

Suicide squad shows that release date means a ton. It came out in august and had pretty close to 2 months of no major competition. If BVS came out in August instead it would've been broken a Billion easily. That late July- September time frame just looks much more lucrative than may-June.

I don't like the dates for Wonder Woman or Justice league next year. JL is releasing in between Thor and Star Wars

Wonder Woman is releasing in the same month as Transformers, Mummy, world war z 2 and Kingsman 2. Not good

Last edited:
I wonder what the expectations are for Wonder Woman. Clearly SS exceeded expectation, but I think expecting WW to hit over $750M is tough...

I wonder what the expectations are for Wonder Woman. Clearly SS exceeded expectation, but I think expecting WW to hit over $750M is tough...

Why would it be tough? The first female CBM ( first one taken seriously) plus one of the holy trinity and one of the good things to come outta BVS.

MoS hit what? Like $670M? I think would be a fair number as far as expectations go.

The reason BvS made money though was cause of Batman. The reason SS made money was cause Batman/Joker/Harley...I think expecting high money from these other characters outside of Batman will be tough

People are skeptical on DC movies, and rightfully so. I really liked MoS. I really liked BvS (Snyder Cut). But even I recognize these movies had their flaws (hated SS FWIW). ****, even folks on here have said they're done with DC until they hit Redbox/TNT :lol:

Last edited:
Suicide squad shows that release date means a ton. It came out in august and had pretty close to 2 months of no major competition. If BVS came out in August instead it would've been broken a Billion easily. That late July- September time frame just looks much more lucrative than may-June.

I don't like the dates for Wonder Woman or Justice league next year. JL is releasing in between Thor and Star Wars

Wonder Woman is releasing in the same month as Transformers, Mummy, world war z 2 and Kingsman 2. Not good
Eh, a 3rd Marvel movie in August would've scrapped and dead that alleged advantage.

I think promo helped SS a lot more like what Deadpool and at the least it looked like a somewhat fun movie cuz of that.

I mean what was the competition for BvS when it came out in March? :nerd: Some Divergent movie? Cloverfield Lane? Hardcore Henry? Nah. The SS movie had legs.

Look at Civil War. Came out 4 weeks later in April and still earned a billi while dealing with Jungle Book and ****** X-Men: Apocalypse coming out shortly after.

If not having competition was key to bigger box office or grossing over time all unsure of movies would be placed in Jan-March or Aug-Oct.

If JL underperforms it'll be cuz it sucks. As for WW, I just hope the while female superhero movies or female led movies don't work nonsense doesn't start spreading after if it doesn't do good.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom