DC Studios THREAD - GunnVerse Begins - Chapter ONE: Gods & Monsters

Gal's armpits 
embarassed.gif

Just tried to watch BvS again in what was a long time since, basically when it came out. Couldn't make it past the terrible Eisenberg Lex showing up :x :smh:

Just a flood of bad memories came with it.

Last edited:

[h1]‘Batman V Superman: Dawn of Justice’ Makes An Impressive Debut On HBO[/h1]
by  CHRIS HARTMANN  on  DECEMBER 1, 2016

Batmanv-Superman-Dawn-of-Justice-banner.jpg

While Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice has been one of the more divisive films of 2016, with many critics and fans calling the DCEU movie a disappointment. The Ultimate Edition appeased a lot of fans, solving some of the key issues with the theatrical cut of the film. However the film has made a strong debut on HBO with the superhero epic landing fourth in the ratings for November 26, only behind ESPN’s coverage of college football. Batman v Superman  aired at 8 P.M. and brought in 2.33 million total viewers.

[h1]Aquaman’ Official Release Date Confirmed For 2018[/h1]
by JON NEGRONI  on DECEMBER 2, 2016

Aquaman-JL-BTS.png

Warner Bros. has moved its standalone Aquaman  film starring Jason Momoa from the summer blockbuster window to a fall release in 2018.

Previously slated for a July 27, 2018 rollout — Aquaman will now open on October 5 of that year (previously believed to be reserved for an untitled DC/Warner Bros. film).

This was the timeframe speculated for the standalone Batman film starring Ben Affleck, which means said project might be pushed back for a spring 2019 release. Though it’s possible (if rather unlikely) Warner Bros. could have “The Batman” in mind for Aquaman‘s July 27, 2018 spot, especially if shooting really begins as early as spring 2017.

The Flash (starring Ezra Miller) is still slated for a March 16, 2018 release date, maintaining the DCEU’s steady “two-films-per-year” strategy that seems to be unfolding. Other superhero flicks set for 2018 include Black Panther  (February 16), Avengers:Infinity War (May 4), Ant-Man and the Wasp (July 6), Alita: Battle Angel (July 20), and Sony’s animated Spider-Man movie (December 21).

watched suicide squad extended, it's my first viewing of the movie period so i have no idea what was extended
It was ok. Margot as Harley was the only thing I can say I LOVED about the movie. Nothing really excited me in terms as action/ acting wise.

I was very underwhelmed with the Joker. I think the reason why is because the time between Nicholsons and Ledgers performance was so long that the anticipation and thirst levels for the return of the character were off the charts. It would've been nice if DC started their universe, casted Harley but kept us in the air on if the Joker would be in it, and waited a few movies to announce him. or even saved him for a Harley origin movie, which I would watch, just based off those scenes in SS.

I also never really understood the plot of this movie in terms of timelines with the rest of the films. I get the concern that MetaHumans(word was so overused) could turn on society or whatever but why was Superman the tipping point?? I mean other super powered beings had existed long before supes came(like the people in this movie) and if this squad were to take on Supes, it'd be no contest, the reasoning behind the assembly of the squad baffles me. This movie could've came right after MOS and would've been a great intro to the Gotham side of things and how supes is viewed, then go right into BvS with those continuing themes and how Bats viewed supes. That would've been a smoother transition

It was also pretty dumb that enchantress who wanted to just wipe everyone out randomly at the end decided to take the squad in as servants buying Harley time to take out the heart, she didn't even need them to serve her, she didn't even need to be tricked into thinking she did, she just randomly made them hallucinate and after the whole "ITS NOT REAL" spiel she offered them the servant job. Motivations in the 3rd act in general were all over the place and the movie went from mediocre to bad at the bar scene, from everyone standing by Flag, to Diablo all of the sudden deciding that everyone was family and sacrificing. to everyone willingly going back to jail because they now get BET, or an espresso maker.

Next theater outing for DC will be JL for me, and even then it will be a week after release if the next trailer doesn't hype me up

There are some rumors that Armie Hammer might be joining the DCEU and many speculates it might be as Hal Jordan.

^ seen that online. And I think it was be a great casting decision, but I think the base of that rumor is that Geoff Johns and some other people started following Armie on IG or Twitter or something, so I'd hold that with a grain of salt for now...

I dunno if he's been in much stuff since being the lone ranger but he was with superman in that spy movie.

Dude is a bland actor. Let's see how he does as Hal Jordan, which I thought Ryan Reynolds did well as.

Last edited:
Now that I think about it I take back what I said.

I don't think they can do better. They blew their load on Batffleck and Irons as Alfred.

Cavil is average at best, Gal can't act for ****, Momoa is more presence and look than having acting ability but he's playing a lame hero and they're attempting to revamp his look so he should suffice, dude playing Cyborg is a nobody, so Hammer as Hal probably seems like a good choice for them even though they could've had Pine.

Maybe they think they got a Chris Evans situation on their hands. Although overall what was done with Avengers can't be comparable to the JL since they claim each member is gonna have their own solo movie. So you need actors who can be a leading actors of blockbuster flicks.

Dude who plays Flash is young and from what I've seen is good so he's that exception.

Last edited:
Ryan Reynolds, Mark Strong, and Blake Lively's fake ******* were the only 4 positives in GL.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom