DC Studios THREAD - GunnVerse Begins - Chapter ONE: Gods & Monsters

After some reflection, I think Supes' background story is very interesting.

An alien baby crash lands on Earth, not knowing who his real parents are. An old couple takes him in, teaches him their values of integrity/being a compassionate human being, and essentially shaping how he thinks.

In a way, Clark seems like a truer boy scout than Cap.

You think the Kents would be trump supporters?

Clark would fall under the illegal immigrant category.

Last edited:

An alien baby crash lands on Earth, not knowing who his real parents are. An old couple takes him in, teaches him their values of integrity/being a compassionate human being, and essentially shaping how he thinks.

I mean even Cap lame *** says some swear words. Supes wouldn't do such a thing.

Superman is more believable as an honest, upstanding citizen who believes in all people being equal than a man who grew up in New York City during the 1920s and openly attended events where large sections of the population weren't able to go.

15032819_10154672403303926_328317076442210808_n.jpg

Somewhere in the world, there's a person who looked at these scenes and thought "Willing tornado death. That's what Jonathan Kent's character needs to really teach his son a lesson and some good wholesome values".
Looking at what we got, I took this part of Superman's story for granted.

I never really appreciated it until Smallville, where, with Clark growing up and all, it was such a crucial element to the plot. Not really able to accept any other version of Jonathan Kent anymore :lol:

Ezra Miller Says We Won't See THE FLASH's Powers Evolve To KINGDOM COME Levels

Based on new comments from Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them star Ezra Miller, his Scarlet Speedster will be struggling to master his powers in both Justice League and his own solo outing. Talking to IGN, he revealed that while Barry will learn more about harnessing the Speed Force when he teams up with the likes of Batman and Superman, the Fastest Man Alive will remain a hero in training for some time.

"I certainly think it will represent the next stage," he said of The Flash's upcoming movie. "What I find fascinating is that we’re still very much amateur-hour Speedster. I’d love for the series to track an evolution of Barry Allen’s early times as The Flash. Like, I love this comic 'Kingdom Come' - unbelievable art - and in that The Flash is fully evolved, and you never even see him, right? It’s just like a red mist, and there’s no crime in [Keystone] City. He protects a whole chunk of the country."

"So that wouldn’t make for the most interesting film - you know what I mean?" Miller continued. "What do we have to learn about that guy? That guy barely exists, right? He’s almost one with the Speed Force. So it’s interesting to go to the beginning."

Still, does that mean that a fully powered up Flash is off the table forever? "It would be hard - you’d have to get Werner Herzog to make a movie about a bolt of lightning!" the actor joked.

:lol: Of course movie Flash won't be at KC levels. Who would watch that boring ****. We talking a 15 second movie. Same way we aint seeing movie Superman turn in to Superman One Million.

Somewhere in the world, there's a person who looked at these scenes and thought "Willing tornado death. That's what Jonathan Kent's character needs to really teach his son a lesson and some good wholesome values".
Looking at what we got, I took this part of Superman's story for granted.

I never really appreciated it until Smallville, where, with Clark growing up and all, it was such a crucial element to the plot. Not really able to accept any other version of Jonathan Kent anymore :lol:
Exactly.

It made me appreciate more how important it is to portray strong loving relationships between parents and their children in the superhero comic genre given so many are orphans.

There really is no other Johnathan Kent than dukes of hazzard Pa Kent :lol:

Last edited:
It Sounds Like We'll See A Member Of The Green Lantern Corps In JUSTICE LEAGUE After All

In a new breakdown about the movie over at The Wrap, the site mentions that, "A member of the Green Lantern Corps. will be seen in 'Justice League' in a key sequence."

The site also mentions that, "Darkseid's presence will loom large in 'Justice League' as the film's prologue introduces the New God while ancient Amazonians, Atlanteans, and pre-historic humans fight him off Earth." I'm pretty sure we've heard similar reports elsewhere, though the mention of Cyborg having a, "Battle Mode and also a civilian mode" is very intriguing.

That second JL trailer needs to impress.  I didn't care for the tone. They look goofy as a unit.

That first look of JL wasn't a trailer tho. I think they had been filming for like a week or two when they dropped that at SDCC.

And I thought it was still fire :lol:

Yeah it was test footage they had shown to journalists previously with a little Junkie XL thrown in for good measure. I liked it too.

But I need my bae Hans Zimmer for JL :frown:

EDIT: actually I don't think that was Junkie XL in the footage

Last edited:
ErikDavis [emoji]10004[/emoji] @ErikDavis

Sienna Miller told me tonight that she wants to play Catwoman in Affleck's Batman movie. "She's not in the script but I wanna write her in!"
5:19 PM - 18 Nov 2016

Well wanting and doing are two different things :lol:

Nah I'm cool on Sienna Miller

Last edited:
No idea how Miller keeps getting these roles in high-profile films lately -- she's an overall subpar actress

Last edited:
I hear the name and see her face and can't think of anything Sienna Miller has done memorable performance wise or any great movies she's been in.

She's hot though.

Thought Batffleck said no Catwoman in his movie anyway.

That first look of JL wasn't a trailer tho. I think they had been filming for like a week or two when they dropped that at SDCC.

And I thought it was still fire
laugh.gif
Yeah it was test footage they had shown to journalists previously with a little Junkie XL thrown in for good measure. I liked it too.

But I need my bae Hans Zimmer for JL
frown.gif

EDIT: actually I don't think that was Junkie XL in the footage
Don't care how far they were in to shooting, they dropped it as a trailer and it's weak to me. They look awful as a unit.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom