DC Studios THREAD - GunnVerse Begins - Chapter ONE: Gods & Monsters

I'm late like a mug on this Batman situation but the doom and gloom is unwarranted

We have to take into account the fact that movies are a collective form of expression and there are a dynamic set of internal circumstances and decisions made by the cast/crew that determine whether or not a movie is trash.

Naturally, these circumstances fall into a pyramid shape, with success or failure determined and/or defined by the sharpness of the pointy end. However, the backbone of any good movie will always be a stellar script; in my opinion direction is subordinate to scriptwriting (both are obviously important though!)

Ben Affleck is no longer directing, but is the script still being composed by himself and Geoff Johns? If that is still the case, I retain high hopes for The Batman.

Ben Affleck is no longer directing, but does this mean that he is no longer "helming" the project? I don't think so. Ben Affleck is a noted arteur who happens to be both the star and responsible for the core narrative (if that is still the case). According to what I'm reading, the onus is still on him to ensure that the directorial vision of The Batman ends up being one of quality and character. This is not a "job" for him like, say, Daredevil was. The man's name has been attached to every bit of happenstance regarding the film thus far, and the man is not in a position to allow for compromises of quality.

In my opinion, this is still very much Ben Affleck's movie and it will show

Last edited:
DC/WB have acknowledged the critical reception and they want to make things better. Let's just wait for the movies in development to come out before we blow it all up. The best case scenario is that Wonder Woman comes out and crushes it critically and commercially to remind people that WB is still a great studio.

I think it's cute that you guys say things not knowing how business works. Over the first 3 movies, the DCEU has made 2.2869 Billion dollars. And that's with garbage films. They don't need Disney

-Lego batsman is gonna be a hit
-WW is gonna do alright considering it's budget
- JL even if it sucks is still gonna do 700+ million

What WB needs to do is stop giving their stars passion projects. Collateral Beauty and Live By Night were bombs. You can't keep appeasing Ben and Will
Nobody is saying they aint making money but do they want to be content with the bare minimum? Not maximizing their full potential?

You said they made 2.2 billi? It should at least be 4.3 billi by now. In reality, I know WB won't sell off DC and I know Disney won't bother absorbing all of WB just for that.

BvS should've easily did a billi. You talking about 700+ mill for JL. That is a pittance compared to its full potential.

You want them to squander opportunity like the FOX-Men?

Also we're specifically talking the DCEU. The rest of WB studios is doing just fine with quality movies and making blockbusters. While it may not do best for their reps I'm pretty sure ppl can separate between the 2.

Last edited:
'Star Wars' Actor Temuera Morrison In Talks to Join 'Aquaman'

He will play Aquaman’s human father.
Temuera Morrison, perhaps best known for his work playing Jango Fett in the Star Wars prequels, is in negotiations to join the cast of Aquaman, Warner Bros.’s big-screen take of the classic DC Entertainment underwater-breathing comic book superhero.

The cast so far includes Jason Momoa as the title character, Amber Heard as Mera, Aquaman's royal love interest, and Willem Dafoe as Aquaman’s advisor, scientist Dr. Vulko. Patrick Wilson, who starred in Wan’s Conjuring movies, will play Orm, a villain who happens to be Aquaman’s half-brother.

This week, offers went out to Nicole Kidman and Get Down actor Yahya Abdul-Mateen II, and both are now in early negotiations. If deals make, Kidman would play Aquaman’s mother who hails from the underwater kingdom of Atlantis, while Abdul-Mateen will play the classic villain, Black Manta.

Morrison will play Aquaman’s human father. James Wan is sitting in the director’s chair and prepping the movie for an April start in Australia.

Morrison can currently be heard (but not seen) in Disney Animation’s Moana, in which he voices Moana’s father, Chief Tui. He appeared in another DC-related movie in 2011 when he played Abin Sur in Warners’ Green Lantern. He has been a fixture in the Star Wars universe since playing Jango Fett in Attack of the Clones and has appeared and voiced various characters in movies, video games and cartoons.

Last edited:
Temuera would be perfect as Momoa-man's dad

Momoa-man is still gonna be regular white dude Arthur Curry, right?

Last edited:
I am glad that Aquaman is going full steam ahead. I have tremendous faith in that project. Looks like they have a good team in front of and behind the camera. 

I am glad that Aquaman is going full steam ahead. I have tremendous faith in that project. Looks like they have a good team in front of and behind the camera. 

Everything is lining up for this to be a good maybe great movie. Just need to see how they tackle underwater scenes.

Everything is lining up for this to be a good maybe great movie. Just need to see how they tackle underwater scenes.
I'm eager to see that as well. I imagine some of it will be practical and the rest of it will be cgi mixed with practical effects. 

^ Wan just needs to do the complete opposite of what Hack did in BvS

Momoa-man looked like he was about to drown in that 10 second cameo

Last edited:
:lol:
just brings back the memory of everyone busting out laughing at Momoa during that scene. My man was really about to drown

dude looked like he wanted to take some type of direction, but really couldn't take direction because he was concentrating sooo hard on holding his breath and trying to make it seem like he's just chillin

Last edited:
:lol:
just brings back the memory of everyone busting out laughing at Momoa during that scene. My man was really about to drown

dude looked like he wanted to take some type of direction, but really couldn't take direction because he was concentrating sooo hard on holding his breath and trying to make it seem like he's just chillin

For real. If they can't nail that part, might as well scrap the movie. That's like the whole point

POLL: Help Choose The Director Of The Batman Before Warner Bros Chooses Zack Snyder

Choose a side

tumblr_o4jshwOf7h1urnj4no1_1280.png

Let Zack Snyder direct The Batman

VS.

stock-vector-silhouette-of-an-unknown-man-in-a-hat-and-suit-vector-illustration-299461517.jpg

Please let anyone other than Zack Snyder direct The Batman

Last edited:
I highly doubt a studio that went after directors like Patty Jenkins, James Wan, and Rick Famuyiwa would hire Uwe Boll. The rumored shortlist has guys like Matt Reeves on it. Ben is going to pick a good director.

:lol: That BC link is just a joke poll.

Basically saying any of those other options would be better than Snyder.

At least George Miller and Steve McQueen are on the list (although I imagine a McQueen directed superhero film would be closer to something like a PTA movie than Miller).

Last edited:
First LEGO BATMAN MOVIE Reviews All Agree That The Film Is A Must-See

Bleeding Cool
"Without a shadow of a doubt, this is the best Batman movie I have ever seen... proof that they could have made a Deadpool-for-kids if they’d actually wanted to."

The Guardian
"This is basically Deadpool for juniors."

GamesRadar
"It’s tough to get nit-picky with a film that finds chortles in everything from the Batmobile’s lack of seat-belts to Robin’s lack of trousers. Maybe DC will take the hint and inject a little more humour into their live-action fare…"

CNET
"The Lego world is all about the unfettered imagination of a child let loose in a toy box, and that's what this film delivers. Yes, it's a big toy advert, but from the jokey opening titles and frenetic first act it's a joyous and uncynical romp through a world where anything can happen, with a few life lessons along the way."

IGN
"The usually dark world of Batman is reimagined with insane energy and vibrancy. The quality of animation ensures each one of its blocky characters bursts with life and emotion. I particularly love how McKay and his writers have – very much in the spirit of LEGO – mixed-and-matched elements from other Batman stories and adaptations."

Digital Spy
"If there's a disappointment, it's that the LEGO aspect of the film is rather sidelined. Yes, everything is still made of that beautifully tactile plastic but there are precious few building sequences. Why have one of the greatest toys and not play with it? Rather, it seems McKay and co. are more interested in mocking the superhero genre, from ribbing Suicide Squad, and the ridiculous idea of getting criminals to fight other criminals, to taking super-villains (Condiments Man, anyone?) to the lunatic extreme.

While The LEGO Batman Movie does get bogged down in too much plot, there's no question it's a refreshing kick up the Bat-side for a character who has, perhaps, been overused in cinema of late. But the really tricky outcome for Warners, the studio behind this and the live-action Batman films, is that this version is a lot more appealing than spending time in Snyder's current, dour take on the DC universe."

The Telegraph
"And as with the first Lego film, the animators’ ingenuity in rendering, via computer graphics, everything the story demands in trademarked plastic bricks is both a creative triumph and a masterstroke of brand extension. There’s no grand entreaty this time to rebuild the world around you rather than settling for a life lived by the instruction book. But its portrayal of the joy of collaborative play remains as fluorescently persuasive as ever. I watched, I laughed, I ordered the sets."

First LEGO BATMAN MOVIE Reviews All Agree That The Film Is A Must-See

Bleeding Cool
"Without a shadow of a doubt, this is the best Batman movie I have ever seen... proof that they could have made a Deadpool-for-kids if they’d actually wanted to."

The Guardian
"This is basically Deadpool for juniors."

GamesRadar
"It’s tough to get nit-picky with a film that finds chortles in everything from the Batmobile’s lack of seat-belts to Robin’s lack of trousers. Maybe DC will take the hint and inject a little more humour into their live-action fare…"

CNET
"The Lego world is all about the unfettered imagination of a child let loose in a toy box, and that's what this film delivers. Yes, it's a big toy advert, but from the jokey opening titles and frenetic first act it's a joyous and uncynical romp through a world where anything can happen, with a few life lessons along the way."

IGN
"The usually dark world of Batman is reimagined with insane energy and vibrancy. The quality of animation ensures each one of its blocky characters bursts with life and emotion. I particularly love how McKay and his writers have – very much in the spirit of LEGO – mixed-and-matched elements from other Batman stories and adaptations."

Digital Spy
"If there's a disappointment, it's that the LEGO aspect of the film is rather sidelined. Yes, everything is still made of that beautifully tactile plastic but there are precious few building sequences. Why have one of the greatest toys and not play with it? Rather, it seems McKay and co. are more interested in mocking the superhero genre, from ribbing Suicide Squad, and the ridiculous idea of getting criminals to fight other criminals, to taking super-villains (Condiments Man, anyone?) to the lunatic extreme.

While The LEGO Batman Movie does get bogged down in too much plot, there's no question it's a refreshing kick up the Bat-side for a character who has, perhaps, been overused in cinema of late. But the really tricky outcome for Warners, the studio behind this and the live-action Batman films, is that this version is a lot more appealing than spending time in Snyder's current, dour take on the DC universe."

The Telegraph
"And as with the first Lego film, the animators’ ingenuity in rendering, via computer graphics, everything the story demands in trademarked plastic bricks is both a creative triumph and a masterstroke of brand extension. There’s no grand entreaty this time to rebuild the world around you rather than settling for a life lived by the instruction book. But its portrayal of the joy of collaborative play remains as fluorescently persuasive as ever. I watched, I laughed, I ordered the sets."

lego batman holding it down due to the recent failures of dc :smh:

They should just replace their live action movies with lego ones.

Last edited:
:lol: That BC link is just a joke poll.

Basically saying any of those other options would be better than Snyder.

At least George Miller and Steve McQueen are on the list (although I imagine a McQueen directed superhero film would be closer to something like a PTA movie than Miller).
The newest rumor is that it's Matt reeves. He's directed Cloverfield, dawn of the planet of the apes and war of the planet of the apes

Back
Top Bottom