DC Studios THREAD - GunnVerse Begins - Chapter ONE: Gods & Monsters

Cress Williams Set as 'Black Lightning' for The CW's Greg Berlanti DC Drama

The CW has found its Black Lightning hero in a familiar face.

Hart of Dixie alum Cress Williams will return to the network with the starring role in Greg Berlanti's latest DC Comics drama Black Lightning, The Hollywood Reporter has learned.

View media item 2345773
The drama, originally developed at Fox but ordered to pilot at CW, revolves around Jefferson Pierce (Williams), who made a choice to hang up his suit and his secret identity years ago, but with a daughter hell-bent on justice and a star student being recruited by a local gang, he’ll be pulled back into the fight as the wanted vigilante and DC legend — Black Lightning.

The drama is based on the DC Character Black Lightning created by Tony Isabella with Trevor Von Eeden.

Last edited:
Ok, cool I guess. He's been in a lot of stuff.

He was a ruthless killer on Prison Break :smokin

To me Black Lightning could exist on Supergirl's earth given the premise.

:lol: Some **** just can't be excused. What they're doing with Cyborg is so transparent.

Black Lightning has a good concept and stories attqched.

Besides, before Luke Cage there was nothing for shows with diverse characters in the lead. This is DC tv's first.

Last edited:

Something i have always wondered.

Since he's the BatMan, can he drink the blood of his enemies?

You have got to be joking
indifferent.gif
This dude GHIMS always trying to be flagrant

laugh.gif

cw keeps adding dc shows to their roster. They gonna have an 8 show crossover in a few years.

^ Nope, they're gonna go with someone proven, even if it was a LEGO film.

Exactly. Besides, **** Grayson should provide some lightheartedness in the ever gloom and doom DC universe. Just checkout any Grayson comic. A lighter flavour is much needed.

Judging from trailers and stuff,, even DC's "new" attempt at light-heartedness and humour seems so corny and forced.....

Basically everyone is sad, depressed, questioning their existence....

THE LEGO BATMAN MOVIE Director Explains Why He Wants To Make A NIGHTWING Movie

Talking on the Shanlian On Batman Podcast (via CBR), the director had this to say about what makes the character so interesting to him and why he thinks Grayson is well suited to his own movie.

"Bruce Wayne, in my mind, came from privilege and I think that’s why he’s more dour and angry,. He’s self-made as far as his becoming all of these cool things we like him for. … **** Grayson didn’t come from that. **** Grayson came from a circus family. Essentially people who aren’t rich and they are self-made. They’re entertainers. They’re gymnasts. They’re people who live hand-to-mouth and that’s something that informs him and his attitude … he’s a fascinating guy to me, because he had all the same things happen to him. He’s got some of the same negatives as Bruce Wayne and then from a society standpoint — obviously he was adopted into Bruce Wayne’s life … but he didn’t start that way. He’s this guy who has all these negatives and then even more negatives and yet he remains … Those are things why I like **** Grayson, why I like the idea of Nightwing as a movie."

Seeing Dev Patel at the Oscars reminds me that there's fan art out there of him as Nightwing. I like the idea, but I feel like the city's most prolific, adopted rich indian kid would be outed with the quickness with just an eye cover.

Back
Top Bottom