DC Studios THREAD - GunnVerse Begins - Chapter ONE: Gods & Monsters

Kinda reminds me when they rescued mon-el in young justice. Was mad frail and didn't get any yellow sun exposure.

should of never slick his hair back in BvS...Hopefully they go back to the MOS hair in JL

DCEU 4chan leak

• The plan for 2019 is to release four Batman related films. Gotham City Sirens around Valentine's Day weekend, Nightwing on Memorial Day weekend, Batgirl in August and The Batman in November. The studio is doing this to celebrate the 80th Anniversary of Batman.
  • The Batman film will still have Deathstroke but not as a main villain. Matt Reeves wants to do a larger scale Batman film that will include the Bat family as well as most of Batman's rogues.
    In addition, two Batman animated films are also planned for 2019. One will be an adaptation of The Long Halloween.
  • Grant Wilson might be the villain for the Nightwing solo film. He is hired by Roland Desmond to take out all the mob bosses in Blüdhaven.
  • Suicide Squad 2 or Dark Universe will most likely be taking Aquaman's previous release date.
  • Mel Gibson is no longer the front runner to direct the Suicide Squad sequel. Jaume Collet-Serra and Ruben Fleischer are now the top candidates. The script is currently being written with a story pitch given by Ayer. Killer Frost will be the new female lead to replace Harley Quinn.
  • The Dark Universe script is going through final rewrites. Guillermo Del Toro's old treatment was used as a base and was rewritten to connect to the universe. If Liman is ready, filming could start as early as summer.
  • Four movies are also planned for 2020. Warner Bros wants to do two low budget/smaller scale films and two big budget/larger scale films per year.
  • Jonathan Levine is in talks to direct The Flash. The film will most likely release in 2020.
  • Matthew Vaughn will most likely write the Man of Steel sequel if he takes on the directional duties

you know how these types of things usually fair :lol:

DCEU 4chan leak
  • The Batman film will still have Deathstroke but not as a main villain. Matt Reeves wants to do a larger scale Batman film that will include the Bat family as well as most of Batman's rogues.
I love Batman and I appreciate their efforts for the 80th anniversary but this sounds like a horrible idea.

I read this earlier today but didn't bother to post it.

Smart to focus on Bat related stuff but I don't believe they can pull it off if this rumor is even true.

I mean jumping from 2 movies a year to 4? :lol: I do not believe they'll film 4 Bat related movies next year. It's also funny some of those dates are taking the spots of other announced DC movies (Shazam for one).

If they had started out making nothing but Batfamily movies I could see this happening but I don't buy in to their ability to do it and do it justice.

Last edited:
Of they had started out making nothing but Batfamily movies I could see this happening but I don't buy in to their ability to do it and do it justice.
It sounds really intriguing on paper but at the same time,,, you get the sense that WB is going to shoe-horn Bats into everything from now on. From a business perspective, it makes sense. But creatively, it shows that without Batman, they don't have a leg to stand on.

Sounds legit. :lol: :rofl: :rofl:

I doubt we'll get more than one Bat family film a year. They'll more than likely stagger them with other DC movies. Batman one year, then Nightwing another year, then Gotham City Sirens another, then Batgirl another, etc. Put them in years with other movies like Flash, Green Lantern Corps, Shazam, Justice League Dark, Superman, etc.

Patty Jenkins Talks WONDER WOMAN'S Origin, Zack Snyder's Involvement And The Character's Theme Music

In an interview with Empire, Wonder Woman director Patty Jenkins was asked about the challenges of crafting the character's origin after she had already been introduced to audiences.

"It's easier than that sounds, because there are hundreds of years between the films. And, because that story is who she's going to become a long time in the future," she said. "I got to look at the story of the beautiful child and character that comes into this world, and there might even be some misconceptions about who she is later on. We may be reading into things in Batman V Superman in the future that aren't necessarily what you think they are. They're making Wonder Woman, and so was I. For me, I felt very supported in this vision."

Jenkins also confirmed that Snyder didn't play all that much of a role in the making of her film, mostly due to his time making Batman v Superman. She did clarify, however, that Snyder's vision for the character carried over to her film and that a cooperative vision was necessary when creating a shared universe onscreen. "Zack was making Batman V Superman simultaneous to making this, but he was very instrumental in the direction the film was going to take. That ended up leading to my signing on, because I know enough about these worlds now that unless we really have a shared vision, it's going to be two years of fighting, and who wants that? I had a very strong feeling of what kind of Wonder Woman film I'd want to make."

Jenkins also praised Snyder's decision to cast Gal Gadot as Diana, something that she was initially wary of due to not having a say in the decision. "I didn't get to choose her, but boy was I relieved once I realized who she was. That is like a make it or break it thing, who plays these characters. So when I first heard Zack Snyder has cast somebody as Wonder Woman, a movie I had wanted to make for a long time, I was cautious. But then, oh my God, they couldn't have found anybody better in the whole wide world.Just look at Gal Gadot when she smiles or when she meets somebody and shakes their hand. That is the embodiment of Wonder Woman. She is so beautiful and powerful, but kind and generous and thoughtful. She's just an amazing person."

From the sound of it, making the film was a very enjoyable time for Jenkins, though she admitted it wasn't so easy to incorporate the electric cello-heavy theme music that was employed in Batman v Superman. While the song has been used in the film's trailers, Jenkins said the film will take a different approach to the composition. “The song is slightly more complicated, because that is the song of a very adult and evolved character. I love that track, but we had to embrace it as a different thing. The story is of who Diana grows into being; you can’t just come out of the gate with a song like that for a ten year old.”

Early Forecast Predicts WONDER WOMAN Will Have A Massive Opening Weekend

Even though June is still two months away, early box office forecasts are pointing to a huge opening weekend in North America for the highly anticipated Wonder Woman origin story from director Patty Jenkins.

Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice and Suicide Squad were projected to open with $154 million and $98 million, respectively, before they went on to exceed expectations with $166 million and $133 million. Those films later went on to be major successes for both Warner Bros. and DC.

Wonder Woman is now being forecasted to have an opening weekend of around $83 million, which is a very similar amount to Logan and Doctor Strange. The Gal Gadot-led film is also predicted to finish with an overall domestic total of $225 million.

It is still in very early and a lot can change between now and June, but the marketing campaign for Wonder Woman has yet to go into full blast.

'Dexter' Star Cast in Gotham:Gaslight Animated Film!

Revealed by Jennifer Carpenter herself during her Q&A panel at Wizard World St. Louis, the talented actress will be providing the voice of 'Catwoman' in the animated adaptation.

Gotham by Gaslight is an "Elseworld" story by Brian Augustyn and Mike Mignola where in the Victorian Era, a string of murders has the city on edge. The targets are all women and the suspect is none other than the "Bat-Man". However, the real killer is alot closer than the dark hero thinks and he must act fast to clear his name before it's too late.

Fans of the story know that Catwoman wasn't in the "Gotham by Gaslight" story, so it's interesting to see how she will fit into a universe where the women are being murdered. Popular website IGN said the comic is" as taut and well-conceived a graphic novel as you can find-Elseworlds or otherwise."

My guesses

2018: Aquaman - Gotham City Sirens
2019: Batman - Nightwing - Batgirl - JL: Dark
2020: MoS 2 - Flash - GL Corps
2021: JL 2

Still doubt Shazam and Cyborg are happening :lol:

Staggering the Batfamily films make sense until you realize it'll means they won't have a complete Batfamily until 2021. Highly doubt they'll take their time with this considering their track record.

Whedon is gonna be ready soon, dude cranks out scripts with the quickness, I wouldn't be shocked if Batgirl takes the old Aquaman date.

what happened to aquaman? why yall saying another movie is taking its place?
it got pushed from October 2018 to December 2018 (its in the old Avatar 2 release date)

DC said they want to use the October date for something else but they currently don't have anything in production

Hell naw they filiming right now.

Nothing gonna fill that spot plus why would they release within a month of each other Thats just hurting both box offices

Back
Top Bottom