DC Studios THREAD - GunnVerse Begins - Chapter ONE: Gods & Monsters

Hell naw they filiming right now.

Nothing gonna fill that spot plus why would they release within a month of each other Thats just hurting both box offices
Not really. They were already going to have Batman in that time frame before it got delayed. They were gonna do Aquaman in fall 2018 and Batman in Holiday 2018. Now Aquaman is Holiday. They could release a smaller movie like Sirens or Batgirl in October 2018 and it wouldn't effect Aquaman

Nothing gonna fill that spot plus why would they release within a month of each other Thats just hurting both box offices
Depending when in October they would release their other movie, in my opinion.

First week / Early October 2018 ==> Mid-December 2018 = Would be reasonable I think. That gives their first movie around 2+ months to collect as much as possible

Late October 2018 ==> Mid-December 2018 = A month to a month and a half would hurt box office like you said (especially if reviews are abysmal)

Last edited:

Depending when in October they would release their other movie, in my opinion.

First week / Early October 2018 ==> Mid-December 2018 = Would be reasonable I think. That gives their first movie around 2+ months to collect as much as possible

Late October 2018 ==> Mid-December 2018 = A month to a month and a half would hurt box office like you said (especially if reviews are abysmal)
The original Aquaman date was October 5th and it moved to December 21st. That's a ton of time between releases if they put another movie in the first date

infinity war - Han Solo - Incredibles 2 all come out 3 weeks apart and that's all disney :lol:

I think these studios just don't give a **** anymore. If you look at the 2018 release schedule from top to bottom it's hard to even imagine how all these films are supposed to make bank

Classic counter programming.

Kids and dad go to see the Bumblebee spin-off ( :smh: ) and mom slides into Ocean's 8 :lol: it'll slowly make back it's budget just off that.

Classic counter programming.

Kids and dad go to see the Bumblebee spin-off (
mean.gif
) and mom slides into Ocean's 8
laugh.gif
it'll slowly make back it's budget just off that.
Yeah, I get the rationale behind it. But maybe it's because there was such backlash to the flop that was last year's Ghostbusters that has me thinking like this
indifferent.gif

Then again, you maybe right. I don't think there are as many die-hard fans of the Ocean franchise than the GB franchise to cause a ruckus

Last edited:
Oceans 8s budget is probably really, really low, likely chump change in comparison to Ghostbusters $144m budget (before marketing) so it's rather risk free no matter when it releases.

Oceans 8s budget is probably really, really low, likely chump change in comparison to Ghostbusters $144m budget (before marketing) so it's rather risk free no matter when it releases.
Yea. Even look at Wonder Woman. The budget is like $100 million. So it doesn't need nearly the same kind of money to be seen as a success as a $175-$200 million movie. That was the mistake with ghostbusters. Regardless of how big McCarthy is, giving $150 million for that movie was stupid. But then again, it's Sony

zero interest in ocean's 8..

this is feeling very POTC-ish.. sometimes it's best to leave well enough alone

WW should have a 150ish budget.. DC needs that to be one of their big dogs.. their safe bets have to be the big 3 plus JL

Last edited:
Has their been any talk on here about a possible impending writer's strike?

If that actually happens a lot of these films are ******. Variety reported today that the studios are bracing themselves for the worst

last time we got Wolverine: Origins 
sick.gif

Joe Man Jello and the legendary Marv Wolfman.

ebae20ed_qtce7aiu5tqy.jpeg

After a great lunch with Joe Manganiello, I feel more confident than ever that we got both the Slade Wilson the movies need and the Deathstroke great movies deserve.

27 is a good troll by Geoff because of Batman's first appearance.

I'm trying to figure out what 27 Batman character movies would be. :lol:

1. The Batman
  2. Nightwing
  3. Gotham City Sirens
  4. Batgirl
  5. Robin (Tim Drake, not punk*** Damian)
  6. Lady Shiva
  7. The Outsiders
  8. Batwoman
  9. Batwing
  10. Red Hood
  11. Birds of Prey
  12. Deadshot
  13. Batman 2
  14. Azreal (Knightfall)
  15. Huntress
  16. Catwoman
  17. Batman Beyond