DC Studios THREAD - GunnVerse Begins - The Penguin out 9/19 then every Sunday on MAX

And not a complaint, cuz I get the direction choice to depict early 20th century London but I remember thinking : 'Finally, a DCEU movie with actual lighting and color' and then it disappears when they arrive in London lol

*edit

I'm probably seeing this movie again next weekend lol

Last edited:
Saw the 10:15 showing. Loved the movie my girlfriend loved it also. As most have said no mans land is really awesome scene and very powerful

Just got back from the theater. This movie is amazing. I don't have any faults. Loved everything. The buttery visuals, the epic score, the cast and characters, the story, the action, everything. Gal Gadot is so damn fine. Oh lawd she's bad.

Anyone have a link to the new DC opening logo?

Last edited:
I just hope the DCEU can stay consistently at this quality from now on and not relapse into whatever BvS and MoS was

They showed the trailer and JL still not looking good for me.

Last edited:
JL looks like it's going to be in the same vein as BvS and MoS and that's not surprising considering who the director was. Joss Whedon getting the movie at the 11th hour isn't going to change much...

I've accepted that and barring an unforeseen miracle I don't think I'm watching JL. But hopefully after JL the DCEU can stay consistent.

Last edited:
^ Good looks.

But damn. I guess we have to wait for the blu-ray to get a native HD version. I hope DC just posts it on their YouTube channel now that WW is out. I want to comb through the characters they have at the end. Got a feeling we'll see some of them down the line. :nerd:

I was expecting more action to be honest. There was only 3 main action scenes from what I remember. Themyscira, the trench fight and the God battle.

I wish it had more action scenes too, but I can't be mad at the character development that they decided to do over the fighting scenes.

Just watched the film, it was great. The best DCEU film for sure. It did feel like i was watching a female version of captain america though :lol: . dont get me wrong, its still a great movie. Actions scenes were cool but yeah like others stated, i wish there was more, even just some hand to hand combat stuff and for some reason i cant take that guy playing ares seriously lol. Its those freaken harry potter films man

Just watched the film, it was great. The best DCEU film for sure. It did feel like i was watching a female version of captain america though :lol: . dont get me wrong, its still a great movie. Actions scenes were cool but yeah like others stated, i wish there was more, even just some hand to hand combat stuff and for some reason i cant take that guy playing ares seriously lol. Its those freaken harry potter films man

As far as I understand, he wasn't actually ares. He explained that he was one of the gods getting cut down by ares but he escaped. Ares is apparently still on the loose somewhere.

it was enjoyable. A little cheesy at times. Action was cool. Might just be me but the CGI in the DCEU takes me out of it sometimes. The final battle CGI was approaching cringeworthy imo. If we're comparing it to CA:TFA, I liked WW better.

As far as I understand, he wasn't actually ares. He explained that he was one of the gods getting cut down by ares but he escaped. Ares is apparently still on the loose somewhere.
He wasnt ares? You sure? I couldve sworn he was since he had the costume and everyting. Plus he got struck down by zeus only to be weakened. I didnt like how they made it so obvious that he was ares.

He wasnt ares? You sure? I couldve sworn he was since he had the costume and everyting. Plus he got struck down by zeus only to be weakened. I didnt like how they made it so obvious that he was ares.

I thought he was Ares and then when we discussed afterwards it was explained to me that he was just one of the gods that escaped Ares's wrath. I'm going to see the movie next week again lol so I'll pay more attention

Wikipedia says that dude is ares so I guess I'm wrong

It did feel like i was watching a female version of captain america though

Going check it out either tomorrow or Monday, whenever my sis decides.. I'm going in expecting a better version of first avengers, with some Snyder stuff kinda forced in (with a bit of dr strange thrown in)

Seeing and hearing a lot of over the top talk about this

Just DC has TDK, begins, Keaton bats, couple animated movies and the lego batman.. grading on a curve with BVS, MOS and SS and doing anyone any favors just look at fox

It did feel like i was watching a female version of captain america though

Going check it out either tomorrow or Monday, whenever my sis decides.. I'm going in expecting a better version of first avengers, with some Snyder stuff kinda forced in

Honestly dude the only thing that reminded me of Zach Snyder's work was the final fight

I remember some of you guys in this thread was saying Zach Snyder did some work on this film and I'd bet my left nut where he had the heaviest hand is during the final fight

I think if Marvel could do it all over again, TFA would've been more like WW.

I'm happy that WW did more to show the war happening around the characters.

Last edited:
^ im just going off of the double toasted review when they talk specifically how odd it kinda seems.. like you can tell they must of had a battle in the writers room and dude got say at a specific part and that must be it

It says on the credits

Screenplay by Allan Heinberg

Story by Zach Snyder, Allan Heinberg, Jason Fuchs

I'm sorry but I doubt Zach Snyder contributed anything significant. I can see other dudes doing most of the work and Zach Snyder just throwing in his two cents when he could.

Movie was too good for him to have had a heavy hand with the story

Last edited:
Never really got that "tug of war" vibe from the film TBH; it was overall very cohesive and consistent from beginning to end

Actually a lot of the slow mow in this movie isn't as stylized or visually dynamic as in a Snyder film, it's more Guy Ritchie-ish in terms of high energy and aggression

Another thing people somehow forget is a Snyder trademark are killer frames ripped right out of a comic book. The Ares battle didn't have too many of those to my recollection

They should have kept Ares around tho

Back
Top Bottom