DC Studios THREAD - GunnVerse Begins - The Penguin out 9/19 then every Sunday on MAX

^ im just going off of the double toasted review when they talk specifically how odd it kinda seems.. like you can tell they must of had a battle in the writers room and dude got say at a specific part and that must be it

I didn't get a sense of a battle

Movie was well edited, cohesive, there was no jarring change in tone, movie was easy to follow, etc

There was no wtf just happened moments like we got in MoS and BvS

WW was literally a breath of fresh air. I thought DC was never going to 'get it'

Last edited:
The final action scene was pretty different from the rest of the film, also the least compelling part.

As a culture we have to better than these CGI orgiastic catastrophy final acts, it's getting tired.

Last edited:
Yea the final fight was disappointing but not enough to take away from the movie. It got close though. It was walking that tight rope.

I would've preferred more hand to hand style fighting with choreography and finesse, not two ppl trying to bulldoze each other with their powers.

^ im just going off of the double toasted review when they talk specifically how odd it kinda seems.. like you can tell they must of had a battle in the writers room and dude got say at a specific part and that must be it

I didn't get a sense of a battle

Movie was well edited, cohesive, there was no jarring change in tone, movie was easy to follow, etc

There was no wtf just happened moments like we got in MoS and BvS

WW was literally a breath of fresh air. I thought DC was never going to 'get it'

DC obviously has the potential and we've seen that on the big screen.. but you get what you pay for, not shocking we are where we are with their universe with Snyder having such a huge role

But as you said, hopefully this is a sign that changes need to be made.. as certain things should have been and should be obvious to fox

Those entities are the house.. they have no need to be "different".. doing too much has gotten them into this hole and built a hole for their remaining movies

I kept watching Wonder Woman thinking to myself, why couldn't the DCEU have done this from the beginning? Just put out solid solo movies and build up later. I felt like crying tears for what could've been.

Better late than never though. They can still turn the ship around.

Last edited:
Paulwest you need to just pay up man. Unless the movie has legs as long as Gal Gadot's, if the opening weekend is any indication it won't hit a bill

Very plausible it gets to the high 800s though

#amelalwayswins

Last edited:
I kept watching Wonder Woman thinking to myself, why couldn't the DCEU have done this from the beginning? Just put out solid solo movies and build up later. I felt like crying tears for what could've been.

This is why i think justice league is gonna be bad but, i hope wont be. They barely did anything to build up to this. I mean come on its the JUSTICE LEAGUE and youre only gonna have BvS as its "prequel"? WW did so well so what was the damn rush. I honestly wouldnt mind waiting for it to be released just so they can release solo films first and have them all connect but i guess im just used to what marvel/disneys doing so i shouldnt compare

Last edited:

This is why i think justice league is gonna be bad but, i hope wont be. They barely did anything to build up to this. I mean come on its the JUSTICE LEAGUE and youre only gonna have BvS as its "prequel"? WW did so well so what was the damn rush. I honestly wouldnt mind waiting for it to be released just so they can release solo films first and have them all connect but i guess im just used to what marvel/disneys doing so i shouldnt compare
Why would you want years and years of movies that you may or may not care about. I don't need all these phases of movies. Just show me the team up. Darkseid is coming. That's all that you need to know

I get taking risks for certain entities.. but DC should have been studying everything from the last 60 years of superhero movies and however long of regular movies

And look at the mistakes AND successes of the MCU, fox and other recent CBMs

Ryan Reynolds green lantern shouldn't have happened after rise of the silver surfer.. then you have the Incredible Hulk over laps

Why would you want years and years of movies that you may or may not care about. I don't need all these phases of movies. Just show me the team up. Darkseid is coming. That's all that you need to know
Cause i want justice league to be a good movie. Not a bunch of forced nonsense just to show characters like darkseid and whoever else they plan to show.

We don't need 5 years of solo movies really...we just needed the first 3 movies to be a bit better

Thing is tho at this point we're generally aware of the characters and have an idea of their general standing in the verse

I really don't see the need to cry over spilt milk--JL is coming and it came after the DC reshuffle that gave us WW; meaning you can at least hope for another good movie if you choose to do so

I've tried to explain multiple times that JL is not being brought to us under the same or even similar editorial circumstances that gave us BvS but it seems to be falling on deaf ears :lol:

Last edited:
Clearly Patty Jenkins understood the thematic under pinning of the Wonder Woman where Zach Snyder has like a secret contempt for Superman and it comes through in the films. :lol: :smh:

as long as DC picks directors, with a connection to the character then they should be good.

These characters have stood the test of time because they are inherently compelling (Cyborg excluded :lol: ), just need to pick directors who understand why they are compelling.

Last edited:
We don't need 5 years of solo movies really...we just needed the first 3 movies to be a bit better

Thing is tho at this point we're generally aware of the characters and have an idea of their general standing in the verse

I really don't see the need to cry over spilt milk--JL is coming and it came after the DC reshuffle that gave us WW; meaning you can at least hope for another good movie if you choose to do so

I've tried to explain multiple times that JL is not being brought to us under the same or even similar editorial circumstances that gave us BvS but it seems to be falling on deaf ears :lol:

Preach brotha.

Cause i want justice league to be a good movie. Not a bunch of forced nonsense just to show characters like darkseid and whoever else they plan to show.

Obviously, there are quite a few in here that feel the opposite, but I would gladly put up with 4-5 solos provided they are all good.

I'm sure you guys have been dreaming of a JL team up on the cinema since you learned about DC characters for the first time. That's decades of waiting. What's waiting a few more years just so they can lay down the groundwork.

Just got back from seeing it in 2D at my local old-school (not stadium-style) theater.

Absolutely loved it - 7.75/8

Full review in the spoiler...

Much better story than MoS & BvS, and better editing, too (though that's not saying much, lol). I thought character development was as good as MoS, but Gadot is a better WW than Cavill is Supes (I think Cavill has been handcuffed by the scripts, tho).

WW origin story is probably the best of any CBM yet, slightly ahead of CA:TFA & IM, imo, though that may just be my pro-DC bias giving it the edge.

Gal is amazing, honestly couldn't have asked for better either from her or the character. Was a bit weird seeing Prof. Lupin as Ares, but his role as Varga on Fargo definitely made it easier to digest. Glad Thewils is getting these major parts, though. Biggest surprise to me was how much I really, really liked Chris Pine. Musta been dusty in that theater, cuz I was feeling some kinda way at the end there. I like him in Trek, but he was a really great Steve Trevor, someone I've never been a big fan of in the comics for the moat part.

I thought the depiction of Themyscira and the portrayal of Hippolyta and Atiope were spot-on, and was glad they didn't go with the type of story from the DCAU WW.

Action scenes were phenomenal, and No Man's Land/Veld was both a great CBM scene AND a great war movie scene. Definitely got that Saving Private Ryan vibe from it. Beach scene was great, too, but a little heavy on the slo-mo, for my taste.

I was cool with Ares biting it there at the end. Figure it sets up Hades for WW2.

All in all, by far the best DCEU flick, and I'll now rank all recent/current canon CBMs as such:

WW
CA:TFA
MoS
Iron Man
BvS Directors Cut
Guardians 2
Guardians
Avengers
BvS Theatrical release (lost points because of just how much better the Director's Cut was)
CA:Civil War
Thor
Avengers AoU
Suicide Squad
Ant-Man
CA:Winter Soldier (I know I'll be roasted for having this so low, but I just wasn't a big fan of it)
Doctor Strange
Thor 2
Iron Man2
Iron Man 3

Last edited:

You haven't explained anything about JL that nobody doesnt know tho. You really think Joss will have a big effect when the producer said he's doing a few reshoots and post production.

I **** on cyborg because looks incredibly stupid but there is interesting dramatic story to be told there. With his relationship with his father and societies relationship with technology ect ect.

Just got back from seeing it in 2D at my local old-school (not stadium-style) theater.

Absolutely loved it - 7.75/8

Full review in the spoiler...

Much better story than MoS & BvS, and better editing, too (though that's not saying much, lol). I thought character development was as good as MoS, but Gadot is a better WW than Cavill is Supes (I think Cavill has been handcuffed by the scripts, tho).

WW origin story is probably the best of any CBM yet, slightly ahead of CA:TFA & IM, imo, though that may just be my pro-DC bias giving it the edge.

Gal is amazing, honestly couldn't have asked for better either from her or the character. Was a bit weird seeing Prof. Lupin as Ares, but his role as Varga on Fargo definitely made it easier to digest. Glad Thewils is getting these major parts, though. Biggest surprise to me was how much I really, really liked Chris Pine. Musta been dusty in that theater, cuz I was feeling some kinda way at the end there. I like him in Trek, but he was a really great Steve Trevor, someone I've never been a big fan of in the comics for the moat part.

I thought the depiction of Themyscira and the portrayal of Hippolyta and Atiope were spot-on, and was glad they didn't go with the type of story from the DCAU WW.

Action scenes were phenomenal, and No Man's Land/Veld was both a great CBM scene AND a great war movie scene. Definitely got that Saving Private Ryan vibe from it. Beach scene was great, too, but a little heavy on the slo-mo, for my taste.

I was cool with Ares biting it there at the end. Figure it sets up Hades for WW2.

All in all, by far the best DCEU flick, and I'll now rank all recent/current canon CBMs as such:

WW
CA:TFA
MoS
Iron Man
BvS Directors Cut
Guardians 2
Guardians
Avengers
BvS Theatrical release (lost points because of just how much better the Director's Cut was)
CA:Civil War
Thor
Avengers AoU
Suicide Squad
Ant-Man
CA:Winter Soldier (I know I'll be roasted for having this so low, but I just wasn't a big fan of it)
Doctor Strange
Thor 2
Iron Man2
Iron Man 3

Maybe its me, but I wouldn't consider WW an origin

That list :x.

Last edited:
Best way I can describe WW is that it's CA: TFA/ THOR / with a little bit of Richard Donner's Superman(1978)... 

But this was better than CA:TFA & THOR...

Pretty much what I'm expecting

If they somehow pull off Cyborg, that's an achievement in itself but I'm still not sure.  

Still wondering about the casting of Green Lantern as well.

I could easily see cyborg working.. just steal from couple movies.. but you got IM1 and robocop

IM1, with his powers coming out of need.. robocop having to deal with the new identity and finding his humanity within his suit

Last edited:
I don't need any spoilers, but I am curious about something: do we an explanation/reason why Diana retreated from mankind 100 years ago?

Simple yes or no will suffice.

Thanks.

I don't need any spoilers, but I am curious about something: do we an explanation/reason why Diana retreated from mankind 100 years ago?

Simple yes or no will suffice.

Thanks.

No. And Like I said in my review, I think that it will come back to bite them in the butt.

Back
Top Bottom