DC Studios THREAD - GunnVerse Begins - The Penguin out 9/19 then every Sunday on MAX

I **** on cyborg because looks incredibly stupid but there is interesting dramatic story to be told there. With his relationship with his father and societies relationship with technology ect ect.

Yup.. there is a lot there.. on top of the whole humanity aspect I mention above which is huge in robocop

But just the whole story of him being a football star, which society puts way too much stake in.. then you have his father knowing how much more he can be and help humanity

DC has it all there to make great movies and make their characters interesting.. superman is the only one I don't put in that group, cause really you're just trying find folks who can be legit threats to him

Yup.. there is a lot there.. on top of the whole humanity aspect I mention above which is huge in robocop

But just the whole story of him being a football star, which society puts way too much stake in.. then you have his father knowing how much more he can be and help humanity

DC has it all there to make great movies and make their characters interesting.. superman is the only one I don't put in that group, cause really you're just trying find folks who can be legit threats to him

They're putting the football flashback in JL.

I don't need any spoilers, but I am curious about something: do we an explanation/reason why Diana retreated from mankind 100 years ago?

Simple yes or no will suffice.

Thanks.

Actually it's not an overt explanation but the reasoning is subtly implied during the ending

They're putting the football flashback in JL.

DC stay doing too much.. see BVS

I mean I could see cyborg's story being a significant portion of the JL movie as the thing that triggers everything for him, like that one animated movie

Put im not expecting much, since it seems like they're trying cover a ton of bases.. as always

You haven't explained anything about JL that nobody doesnt know tho. You really think Joss will have a big effect when the producer said he's doing a few reshoots and post production.

I've explained plenty that doesn't even involve Whedon bruh but I'll do it again for you :lol:

MoS: Snyder film written by Goyer and WB giving no dambs; Zach Snyder single-handed helming a cinematic universe

BvS: Snyder film originally written by Goyer and then severely rewritten by Terrio at the 11th hour which causes several strange things to be left in the final product such as a scene that was 100% supposed to be Braniac-related; severe dissonance between the studio and the director leading to a 3hr extended cut. Still an extension of Zach Snyder's cinematic universe

JL: WB rudely awakened by the BvS criticism; reorganizes their DC films division; hires Geoff Johns full time to helm the verse and establish marked alterations in tone, continuity, character consistency, and content.

Zach Snyder film but this time written from the ground up by Terrio alone; no involvement from Goyer, no complete rewrites at the last minute.

Geoff Johns, Ben Affleck, and Jon Berg as executive producers (non of whom produced BvS) and Joss Whedon shooting, doing ancillary scripting, and helming post-production after Zach steps away; and also confirmed to have been doing this before Zach's departure

Last edited:
DC stay doing too much.. see BVS

I mean I could see cyborg's story being a significant portion of the JL movie as the thing that triggers everything for him, like that one animated movie

Put im not expecting much, since it seems like they're trying cover a ton of bases.. as always

Yeah i didnt like seeing that there. Also didn't want to see Flash's dad in there. Dont know if that is a flashback.

You haven't explained anything about JL that nobody doesnt know tho. You really think Joss will have a big effect when the producer said he's doing a few reshoots and post production.

I've explained plenty that doesn't even involve Whedon bruh but I'll do it again for you :lol:

MoS: Snyder film written by Goyer and WB giving no dambs; Zach Snyder single-handed helming a cinematic universe

BvS: Snyder film originally written by Goyer and then severely rewritten by Terrio at the 11th hour which causes several strange things to be left in the final product such as a scene that was 100% supposed to be Braniac-related; severe dissonance between the studio and the director leading to a 3hr extended cut. Still an extension of Zach Snyder's cinematic universe

JL: WB rudely awakened by the BvS criticism; reorganizes their DC films division; hires Geoff Johns full time to helm the verse and establish marked alterations in tone, continuity, character consistency, and content.

Zach Snyder film but this time written from the ground up by Terrio alone; no involvement from Goyer, no complete rewrites at the last minute.

Geoff Johns, Ben Affleck, and Jon Berg as executive producers (non of whom produced BvS) and Joss Whedon shooting, doing ancillary scripting, and helming post-production after Zach steps away; and also confirmed to have been doing this before Zach's departure

JL coming soon. We'll see how much of a difference Terio writing from the beginning of the movie production process makes

You sound very confident that it will make all the difference in the world.

Last edited:
My main worry for JL is that the same editor for BvS is cutting it. Maybe the bad edits in the theatrical version of BvS were dictated by WB, or maybe Zack said "F' it" and just chopped stuff willy-nilly when he was told to shorten the length of the flick, but regardless, I'm nervous about the editing.

:lol:
that list
dude has the director and theatrical cuts of BvS on there, and WW ahead of all the CBM ever made to date

checking it out in 2 hours, didn't realize it was 2hrs and 21 mins, gonna get out the flick at midnight

I expect this to be CA: TFA of this universe, ironically it could double as being remembered as the Ironman of the universe, the one that started it all. Gal could be making whatever the equivalent of RDJ money is for DC when the sequel gets made, ending up making cameos in other people's films, have people complaining about that..." Why is Gal's head so big in Hal's movie poster??" watch them randomly write her in to Gotham City Sirens(kidding)

crazy how we got MOS. BvS, SS but it's WW, that apparently seems to be the one we were really waiting for. Not a crazy great flick, instant classic, but just a GOOD film.

Last edited:
:lol:
that list
dude has the director and theatrical cuts of BvS on there, and WW ahead of all the CBM ever made to date

checking it out in 2 hours, didn't realize it was 2hrs and 21 mins, gonna get out the flick at midnight

Yup. I think that when I consider the story, characters, adherence to source, acting, editing, music, action, pacing, etc., WW was the best one I've seen, *very* narrowly ahead of Cap 1. I'm also one of the few people who really, really liked MoS a lot (and had no beef with the Zod ending, other than the awkward jump-cut to the desert scene afterwards). But keep in mind my list is only current DCEU & MCU.

Now all-time? DK, Batman Begins, Batman '89 are still better than everything, imo. DKR would be upper-tier, but probably below WW. Superman 1 would be tied with MoS mainly because of Reeve & nostalgia, the other Supes movies would be looow.

But even including Watchmen, V for Vendetta, Kingsmen, Wanted, Daredevil, Catwoman, Elektra and every single other CBM ever made since the invention of the motion picture.... Iron Man 3 would still be dead last.

That movie is [emoji]128169[/emoji][emoji]128169[/emoji][emoji]128169[/emoji]

Back
Top Bottom