DC Studios THREAD - GunnVerse Begins - The Penguin out 9/19 then every Sunday on MAX

am I the only one who :lol: when the showed Aries with his younger buffer body :lol: but his same old man face

the movie was good, I wish they toned down the CGI a little

Anyone else think Doctor Poison was kinda cute? I liked her half plastic face. She had that funny laugh when she poisoned those guys. I don't think she was falling for steve's flirting but totally deaded him when he stared at Diana in that dress.
ww-09277cc_-_h_2017.jpg

Last edited:
am I the only one who :lol: when the showed Aries with his younger buffer body :lol: but his same old man face

the movie was good, I wish they toned down the CGI a little

Yeah, I was like there's no way they believed that guy was buff at a point in his life. And aries wouldn't be rocking a mustache.

the comedy in the movie really flowed with what was going on in the story, didn't seemed forced like other movies

saw it last night
maybe spoilers
not really
Movie was just ok for me. That run time really killed me. what's funny is that this is easily 2nd best for me in the DCEU for me. This film had "Normal" bad movie problems to me, but there were some "this doesn't make sense to me" scenes which seems to be a standard whenever I watch DC films, things that literally make no sense to me. those were:

- When the 2 villains test out the gas and then they throw in a gas mask, why didn't they show the men in the room fighting over the mask then the villains laughing that it's useless?.....or better yet why didn't Maru throw in the mask first, have it land on the table, then throw in the gas
Agreed. Such a minor point though. There are always going to be certain scenes in literally any movie that could have been done better.

- The whole "Diana SHIELD" was not needed AT ALL as Diana already could've done that without the mens help and did it earlier in the film when she got the sword. They could've done that and it would've been dope if she just jumped off the ground and over them too.
Disagree: creates a connection between her and the team she was with. She still hadn't fully unlocked powers yet at this point and was more of a we than a me.

- After witnessing her destroy that tower and walk away without a scratch, they really gonna have a convo about if all this is real :stoneface: including Steve :smh: Like how could half of this be true?? If someone ties me in a lasso that makes me tell the truth I'll believe that part, along with the island full of amazons who put in work, but the other half about Ares is completely wrong and I'd question this super powered Amazons mental stability.
Disagree: There is a difference between being in the middle of something and something so abstract as a god of war being the reason for Germany. In general, they portrayed her more as a super soldier than God up to this point of the movie. Also, it was more of a she may be right guys type conversation than a clear no way that is true. More of a I need to say this out loud because it's so bananas..but may be true scene. Also, seemed like it was for comical relief more than dialogue to move the story in any direction.

Loved everything on Thymiscera, just never wanted to leave, Chris Pine was great in this and I LOVED most of the scenes they were in together. Then when they got to london, I dunno movie just fell apart to me. Those 2 mockery of Villains were just atrocious. and then that final fight was just ok.
Not great villains agreed. Not much screen time spent on them though overall so wasn't a problem for me. Focus of the story was elsewhere for the most part. Villains were an abstract threat. This falls in line (to me) of what an origins story is. I don't expect to see an amazing villain when the point is to bring about the origin of a superhero. Can't have them fighting a peak villain from the get go. I mean who did captain America fight? Who did iron man 1 fight? It's always like this.

and Gal?? I dunno man, before I saw the film literally every comment was about how amazing she looks or hot she was, and man she was so fine in this movie it was ridiculously distracting to me, that hasn't happened in awhile to me(maybe back when Scarjo popped up in Ironman2) To me if I'm distracted by your looks during the movie(Not Harley Quinn) then you aren't doing your job as an actor. I didn't necessarily connect with WW the character(only when she was speaking different languages was I able to).
So she was too fine....?

I'm sure Gal will get better first outing as carrying a film. With Robin Wright and Connie Nielsen, 2 seasoned vets, sure they looked amazing but their characters were nailed to a T and I def got what they were going for.
She did an amazing job. Not sure many people would agree with this.

Movie just wasn't my cup of tea, much like Thor isn't my cup of tea, (I only watched the Thor 2 end credits scenes)

I got to say my wife hated this movie :lol: she actually apologized to me for taking me to it. She fell asleep for a bit. Then went hard how it was similar to TFA

-Pure person who will always see the good in the world
-recruiting a rag tag group of misfits to help them do a rogue mission
- A person named Steve decides to sacrifice himself on a plane to save the world

wife said they gonna make an "Agent Steve" TV show, so they can tell the untold story of this dude's life before WW

It's a superhero movie.

:lol:

I thought at any point during the final fight Ares was going to change form into another actor or same voice different form

Professor Lupin out here getting work, Fargo, WW :pimp:

Last edited:
I thought they would reveal his real face but then you find out that was his original face.

I'm ok with Aries casting. His motivation and presence were sufficient enough. Watching WW go super Saiyen at the end made up for any flaws aries may have had.

I thought at any point during the final fight Ares was going to change form into another actor or same voice different form

Professor Lupin out here getting work, Fargo, WW :pimp:

This ! :lol: I was just waiting...and waiting. I'm like there's no way this is his true form.

Anyone else notice his "cool villain voice" went away once his helmet got knocked off ?

Yea I didn't mind Area's "disguise" and actual persona/motivations or w/e. Voice was cool too.

But you don't think of that dude as the God of War...c'mon son :lol:

And they compounded this **** by keeping the mustache :rofl:

Could have grown the man's hair out, gave him a beard or something lol

Last edited:
I'm ok with Aries casting. His motivation and presence were sufficient enough. Watching WW go super Saiyen at the end made up for any flaws aries may have had.

There were no flaws to me. Just seems to me actor did his job

What was more disappointing than anything else was the choreography of the last fight and the overdependence on cgi

That dude was a cool Ares.

But I think Lupin was a cool Ares too

By the way, it was kinda funny to me that Ares/Lupin looked more powerful before he transformed. Diana couldn't lay a hand on him. He had that Floyd weather defense. Then after he transformed Diana looked even with him lol

Last edited:
I originally thought this would be a 500 million ish box office movie. But with those opening numbers, 100 mill domestic and 223 mill worldwide. It's gonna be $650+ million

It has great WoM and the only 2 competitions coming up are the mummy and Transformers. The Munmy is likely gonna bomba and China is going to save Transformers from a horrible fate. So WW is gonna likely keep rolling throughout the summer

Off topic: Kevin Hart quietly stays winning. Captain Underpants just debuted #2

Last edited:
Lol this movie is doing more than 650
That's why I said plus. The bottom floor would be 650. I could see it doing low to mid 700's

Suicide squad($745 million worldwide) got a $133 million domestic opening weekend vs WW $100.5. Suicide squad had solid legs but WW has far better word of mouth and China box office(which doesn'tt seem to be a ton at this point $11 million, but it's better than nothing).

I still don't know if it'll pass SS

Last edited:
My gut says that it'll pass SS

We'll see

I want this to be the best performing DCEU film so DC won't regret staying on this promising path

Sounds like you and your wife shouldn't be watching super hero movies? Your expectations seem wildly out of line of the concept of a superhero movie. They have to make a movie that is appealing to an extremely broad range of viewers. People like you guys seem to hate simply because you view everything with the same lens. It'd be like saying Taco Bell is trash because you compare it against some fancy place you went to in Mexico on a beach.

Since the Greek gods are in this world I wonder if Aquaman knows Poseidon.

The gods vs jl would be a cool animated movie.

Bruh said he and his wife shouldn't watch super hero movies because of an opinion :rofl:

It's not even like he straight panned it neither. Dudes wild up in here, came at that man's wife over a movie. Can't wait to see it today.

Last edited:
Yea I didn't mind Area's "disguise" and actual persona/motivations or w/e. Voice was cool too.

But you don't think of that dude as the God of War...c'mon son
laugh.gif

And they compounded this **** by keeping the mustache
roll.gif

Could have grown the man's hair out, gave him a beard or something lol
what about when they showed his body mans had an 8pack with that face lmao

great movie though very enjoyable. Gal was smokin

Back
Top Bottom