DC Studios THREAD - GunnVerse Begins - The Penguin out 9/19 then every Sunday on MAX

Hot Take: Mos2 to introduce Supergirl & Braniac as villain

I know i know, grain of salt yada yada.

“The sequel to Man of Steel has been developing in secret. Geoff Johns and Zack Snyder finished writing a story for the film back in November. Multiple writers were approached to turn into a screenplay including the writers from Watchmen and the 300 movie series. Brainiac will be the villain and Supergirl will be introduced to the DCEU.”

http://screenrant.com/rumor-man-of-steel-2-introduce-supergirl-dceu/

Last edited:
Watched superman doomsday today.. would have been a solid solo supes movie down the line after establishing couple things in that verse

But BVS kinda messes that up.. could have easily had doomsday be a weapon developed by brainiac that he uses as a last resort option or something..

then at end of doomsday movie, could see lex get supes body to study.. which leads to clones and him developing his suit after research

This just goes back to what i've been saying about how you could have been setting Braniac up as either the MoS2 villain or a Justice League villain across both MoS and BvS.

I don't think BVS should have ever been done, because I think the dark knight returns should be an isolated film(s)..

At most, you show batman as the detective/paranoid as hell dude and have him go investigate supes.. so you see him lurking in the background of the 2nd supes film and then he steps in at the end to help once he sees dude is good (could be when kyrptonite gets pulled or something)

Doing the above could also lay the ground work for the eventual JL doom style movie where the bad guys get batman's countermeasures for all the JL

With the amount of batman films we have gotten to date, you don't need to do a batman origin story.. you can still do SS squad, but it can't be the global threat destruction threat that ole girl and her brother were.. keep it simple like the animated movie

BvS-shouldn't-have-been-made arguments aside,,, I will say that if they at least omitted the Wonder Woman and Doomsday plotlines, it could have vastly improved the film.

Just have Batman and Superman with the usual disagreements,, realize the error of their ways,, then team up to take on a huge threat at the end. Could have been killer robots created by Lex.

Because as corny as he is as a villain, Doomsday is really a universal threat almost. That's a Justice League situation. I mean we all saw Bats couldn't do sh*t to Doomsday and had to be bailed out by bae Gal Gadot.

Last edited:
Even with bats having some cool scenes in BVS..

Dude did get done dirty.. lex joked about how easy it was to play dude.. and then you got the doomsday fight where he's running for his life and got lucky ole girl had a change of heart :{

Really should have been dude coming up with the strategy of how to go at doomsday or he should have figured lex out while supes was being irrational/human given the circumstances.. something

Yea movie was bad :lol

I know a ton of people liked battfleck, but dude was done dirty.

It would have been awesome to see him in the armor more. At least tryna fight Dooms.

Would of been a cool scene to see the batmobile try and go after supes to. Instead it bounced off him :lol

WW was great.

Dooms looked more like abomination.

MCU Abomination was way better, easily

No exag,, but I'd argue Smallville-Dooms was better than BvS-Dooms

God that movie was horrible

Last edited:
emt / paramedic doomsday was dumb as hell too. Was surprised to see sam witwer the guy who played him is the star of that new zombie game. Thought they'd just try to get norman reedus for it.

I hope Bruce bought Diana a plane so she wouldn't have to travel commercial anymore.. least dude could do

Watched WW and I was entertained. Definitely the best DC movie out so far. 

Officially became a bigger fan of Gal Gadot.

I'm not gonna front and pretend I was a huge Gal Gadot fan before the flick. I mean, yes, she is gorgeous but I always felt her acting was pretty bland and wooden. She never really struck me as having any presence or charisma aside from the fact that, again, she is exquisite.

However, I think the director did a good job of utilizing what Gal could do. As a result, her portrayal of WW came as a pleasant surprise.

I'm not gonna front and pretend I was a huge Gal Gadot fan before the flick. I mean, yes, she is gorgeous but I always felt her acting was pretty bland and wooden. She never really struck me as having any presence or charisma aside from the fact that, again, she is exquisite.

However, I think the director did a good job of utilizing what Gal could do. As a result, her portrayal of WW came as a pleasant surprise.

Her acting definitely isn't great. And that was my number one worry when everybody else was worried how muscular she was. While she held her own, she doesn't own the role like RDJ does.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom