DC Studios THREAD - GunnVerse Begins - The Penguin out 9/19 then every Sunday on MAX

listening to it now, it's not as bad really since they stated it's been planned for a long time now and even stated that this isn't even a Snyder JL film anymore (which most would be up for)

they also said examples of Rogue One and World War Z having tons of reshoots and rewrites so it is normal

my main take away is that the main discussion is that it isn't a Snyder JL film anymore with all the rewrites/reshoots

they also said the next JL trailer will be on SDCC and might have Whedons reshoots in there
see above, seems like the concepts from Snyder original film is pretty much gone at this point...supposedly

plus I think Whedon edits movies well enough which was Snyder weakness in MoS and BvS so I think it could work

No offense to Snyder. Know he's going through it, but as far as the film goes, I'm glad to hear that then. I just hope Joss has learned from his two previous bog budget movies. I like the Avengers, but I feel like we could've gotten more epic movies under a seasoned director.

well the Whedon reshoots were planned during pre-production so...

Marvel does it a lot too, in every film they've done iirc, it's just not as publicize

Yeah. I think it's supposed to be "additional photography". It was planned before they started shooting. It could be them just scheduling for nice weather in the summer for glorious shots of the Hall of Justice or some spoilery things that they don't want to leak mad early.

What? Avengers wasn't as epic as it would have been under a different director?

The only other director that I can think of to make it more epic would have been CameronGawd and maybe peter Jackson.

What? Avengers wasn't as epic as it would have been under a different director?

The only other director that I can think of to make it more epic would have been CameronGawd and maybe peter Jackson.

Where Joss excels for me is with characters moments and dialogue. The first Avenger movie looked like it was made by an inexperienced director. While he learned with the second, it was still lacking for me. I'm not saying they weren't great, but I feel even if the Russos made the film, it would've been better than it already was.

Whedon will have no impact on JL they just called him in to help out with post production 
nerd.gif

I can't trust anything Schnepp says. This is the same person who emphatically stated a few months back that Ben Affleck is leaving the DCEU after JL. Without proof or any sources cited. That dude is full of ****.

Last edited:
'Watchmen' TV Series From Damon Lindelof in the Works at HBO

Fresh off of critical favorite The Leftovers, Damon Lindelof is in talks for a potential Watchmen TV series for HBO. Sources tell The Hollywood Reporter that the project is in the early development stages. An official deal is not yet in place. Representatives for HBO and producers Warner Bros. Television declined comment.

Lindelof originally read the comics as a kid in the 1980s and has said that the series continues to influence his work. "From the flashbacks to the nonlinear storytelling to the deeply flawed heroes, these are all elements that I try to put into everything I write," he told Comic Book Resources in 2009 ahead of the feature-film take. Lindelof has read Watchmen multiple times and, at the time, praised director Zack Snyder's film. "It's the most married-to-the-original-text version of Watchmen that could've been made," he told the Observer. "I want to keep it sort of insular," he said, referring to the multiple translations that have come from trying to translate the source material. "It's OK with me if people don't understand it because they don't deserve to understand it."

Snyder, who directed the 2009 feature-film adaptation of Alan Moore's beloved comic series, is no longer attached to the drama project from Warner Bros. Television, where both DC Entertainment and Lindelof are housed.

Lindelof :x

If I were in charge over at hbo I'd thrown that money at Noah hawley.. let him do spawn too

I don't even know who that is. I wish they did an HBO series for The Question. I'm only down for Watchmen if they're doing something different with it. Maybe if they make a series about the original Minute Men.

I think they're still mad about Lost?

Yup.. and Prometheus

Greatness was there for both.. so much build up, only to lead to incredible frustration

Then you add in his involvement in Cowboys & aliens, Star Trek into darkness, tomorrowland and world war z

Everything I've seen he has been involved in, at the very least has left me a little disappointed

I'm not trippin off re-shoots. Do what you gotta do to make a good movie. I don't care if they hit 50 reshoots to make it the best it can possibly be.

I remember they did some late reshoots for Rogue One to fix the third act. The third act was the best part of the movie.

Back
Top Bottom