DC Studios THREAD - GunnVerse Begins - The Penguin out 9/19 then every Sunday on MAX

has anyone who has lobbied for these roles ever gotten one? Without huge fan concensus that they should in fact play that role?

Drake Bell and even when Tyrese was doing it and Armie Hammer was out of left field
The closest thing is when Vin Diesel was lobbying hard to be Black Bolt and then Vision :lol

He had actual meetings with Marvel though and then ended up as the voice of Groot. Meanwhile, both Vision and BB were cast. Viz before GotG.

Last asked he still claims there's something big coming next with him at Marvel not including being Groot :lol

Last edited:
Honestly could GAF about who they cast as Nightwing

Just cast some generic young handsome white guy who's athletic and can act well

....MBJ for Jason Todd tho 8o

Last edited:
THE BATMAN Director Matt Reeves Discusses Warner Brothers' Excitement For The New Solo Movie

While chatting with Variety, Reeves discussed what it's like to work with Warner Brothers on the project. More specifically, he spoke to their excitment and his relationship with them.

"Let’s put it this way. I’ve never worked with them, but my experience with them so far has been really good. As I describe what I want to do, they seem really excited. So its the beginning of a journey. When I came in to do Apes, I had no idea, I had never made a studio film like that before. Even Cloverfield, though it came out through Paramount, was not really a studio film. Bad Robot had final cut so it was like making an indie, and so they were just really supportive and released the movie so it wasn’t really a studio film. These two movies, I’ve been able to make exactly the movie I wanted to make. Whatever flaws are in there are in some way we weren’t able to achieve something, I wasn’t able to pull something off, we didn’t have enough time, or whatever it is. It is also not something where I look back and go, ‘That damn studio compromise.’ So I think there’s a way in which you can work with a studio. I’ve never worked with any studio other than Fox, so its going to be an exploration for me. I’m excited to say that thus far they seem really excited about it and I suppose if we should ever come to an impasse then we’d have to resolve it one way or another. I’m very hopeful and positive about it."

He also elaborated on some previous statements about the film's style and the parralles between Ceaser from War For The Planet Of The Apes and Batman.

“What I see in Batman that I find so interesting is that, in a way, he reminds me of Caesar, in that he is a character with a really troubled past who is grappling within himself to try to do the right thing in a really imperfect world, in a corrupt world. That provides an opportunity, again, if you want to take that point-of-view storytelling — and I can imagine the story as being like a noir. The originals from the golden age were detective stories. I think if you can marry that with the personal, there’s a chance to do something very exciting.”

has anyone who has lobbied for these roles ever gotten one? Without huge fan consensus that they should in fact play that role?

Drake Bell and even when Tyrese was doing it and Armie Hammer was out of left field
Not really. But publicly lobbying for a role isn't a new thing though.

Rumored Shortlist for Batgirl

Elle Fanning (Neon Demon/Live By Night)

Olivia Cooke (Bates Motel)

Bella Throne (Shake It Up!)

Katherine Langford (13 Reasons Why)

Margaret Qualley (The Leftovers)

Jane Levy (Don’t Breathe)

Emma Roberts (Scream Queens)

Haley Lu Richardson (Split/Edge Of Seventeen)

Naomi Scott (Power Rangers)

Rumored Shortlist for Batgirl

Elle Fanning (Neon Demon/Live By Night)

Olivia Cooke (Bates Motel)

Bella Throne (Shake It Up!)

Katherine Langford (13 Reasons Why)

Margaret Qualley (The Leftovers)

Jane Levy (Don’t Breathe)

Emma Roberts (Scream Queens)

Haley Lu Richardson (Split/Edge Of Seventeen)

Naomi Scott (Power Rangers)
I can see Batffleck smashing most of those chicks.

Is elle fanning grown already? Seeing her and her sister in movies as kids has me keep thinking they're still little.

Last edited:
I think it's supposed to be based on the New 52 run with Babs recovering from getting shot in the spine by Joker in The Killing Joke.

So i'm guessing she isn't paralyzed and wheelchair bound in the new 52. Was thinking she'd be like that wheelchair cop show, ironside on nbc that got cancelled with the quickness.

I think it's supposed to be based on the New 52 run with Babs recovering from getting shot in the spine by Joker in The Killing Joke.
Eh idk about that. All those rumored actresses are pretty young/ can pass for a teenager.

If anything, I'm guessing itd be a kick-*** type angle. Commissioner gordons daughter decides for some reason to be a vigilante etc and gets in over her head

If anything, I'm guessing itd be a kick-*** type angle. Commissioner gordons daughter decides for some reason to be a vigilante etc and gets in over her head
Isn't that exactly what happened in her origin anyway? You know before Kick-*** was created?

Last edited:

Eh idk about that. All those rumored actresses are pretty young/ can pass for a teenager.

That's just what I remember from back when they initially broke the news.

Sources tell EW that this version will be Barbara Gordon, daughter of Commissioner Gordon, and the movie will use the DC Comics “New 52” version of the character as a starting point.

In that timeline, launched in 2011, Barbara Gordon has recovered from a paralyzing spinal injury notoriously inflicted on her by the Joker in the 1988 graphic novel The Killing Joke. In the earlier books, that damage confined her to a wheelchair and ended her flying, swinging, punching career as Batgirl — but she continued to fight the good fight under the name Oracle as a super-hacker.

The New 52 books feature her several years after the Joker attack, having recovered full mobility after experimental surgery, although she is still haunted by the near-death experience.

http://ew.com/movies/2017/03/30/joss-whedon-batgirl-movie-barbara-gordon/

The recovering from a broken back story is intriguing

Sounds like a version of Batgirl that Joss Whedon would love to do

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom