DC Studios THREAD - GunnVerse Begins - The Penguin out 9/19 then every Sunday on MAX

They wrecked Clark’s relationship with Jonathan Kent. **** was completely asinine.
I don't get this. The fixation with Pa Kent's death or whatever in the movie is unfounded imo. Pa Kent dies anyway, they made
a creative decision. It's not really that serious- it's a new take on Supes that's it really.
The dbz-like fight scenes in mos were appreciated.
I'm not the biggest fan of this but they had no choice, Superman is basically a less powerful Goku.

DnPVmbwWsAEwpzw.jpg:large

Dude looks like a pedo this Joker about to be creepy

I don't get this. The fixation with Pa Kent's death or whatever in the movie is unfounded imo. Pa Kent dies anyway, they made
a creative decision. It's not really that serious- it's a new take on Supes that's it really.

Pa Kent is the biggest reason why Clark is who he is and becomes Superman. Because of Jonathan Kent in this movie, Clark let’s his own father die and spends half his life hiding away from people. New tales are cool and all but nah I can’t **** with that. Neck snapping Supermans aren’t it.

Also thought this was funny :lol:
There is a scene in Man of Steel that says it all.

In the middle of a showdown with the bad guys in downtown Metropolis with people everywhere, a flaming truck or some other huge thing is thrown towards Superman who is standing in front of a building. A building presumably filled with people.

Superman jumps out of the way.
He jumps out of the way.
Superman.

Andd that’s just my problems with the characters. The movie just isn’t well made. Poor acting, poor editing, poor cinematography.

Pa Kent is the biggest reason why Clark is who he is and becomes Superman. Because of Jonathan Kent in this movie, Clark let’s his own father die and spends half his life hiding away from people. New tales are cool and all but nah I can’t **** with that. Neck snapping Supermans aren’t it.
I get the Purist POV, but he did teach Clark things while he was alive and that was the whole point. How he died might have been
irritating but I never felt like it was crazy wild. He's served his purpose.

Superman’s identity being know by Lois also is dumber than people give it credit for. If she knows then everyone in that office building should be able to put 2 and 2 together. Yes I know the glasses hiding his identity is kinda dumb but you’ve got to stick with it. But no.... not for Snyder-man

I get the Purist POV, but he did teach Clark things while he was alive and that was the whole point. How he died might have been
irritating but I never felt like it was crazy wild. He's served his purpose.
His death is stupid. It’s like making uncle Ben live for Spider-Man. Completely changes things for no reason

never really had an issue with it. it threw me off I bought in.
Lois knowing his identity basically frames her as "smart", let's
face it, the glasses thing is ridiculous.

I understand the frustrations with the movie, I just happen to have enjoyed it for what it was.

People really arguing that Clark Kent letting his dad die to save his secret identity was a creative decision :lol:

The lengths people go to defend the dceu

Yikes

Secret identities are played out anyway...

The mcu is the most successful shared universe alive and the only one with a secret identity is spidey
I’m all for them preserving the secret identity thing. For some characters it needs to be there. That whole scene should of never made the movie. It’s just stupid. But yet again, Snyder and his 4th grade emotional symbolism does what it does.

People really arguing that Clark Kent letting his dad die to save his secret identity was a creative decision :lol:
The lengths people go to defend the dceu
Yikes
it's a comic book movie, hating hard on it and getting frustrated is just a waste of energy. Watch it, don't watch it, it's
all good. People can't let other people enjoy what they enjoy now?
The lengths people go to...

Also thought this was funny :lol:

Andd that’s just my problems with the characters. The movie just isn’t well made. Poor acting, poor editing, poor cinematography.

Poor editing, acting and cinematography?!

OMG

I love the MCU, and cinematically they’ve DRASTICALLY improved over the years.

Their movies don’t look like Agents Of Shield episodes anymore, actually cinematic with a somewhat memorable score.

But come on, when compared to MOS, at that point in CBMs, this was NOT great visually...

7B9EDEB1-28EB-4882-A578-DE7CE037B12C.jpeg
555378FD-29B6-42FA-B7E4-12562AB47F9C.jpeg

Last edited:
it's a comic book movie, hating hard on it and getting frustrated is just a waste of energy. Watch it, don't watch it, it's
all good. People can't let other people enjoy what they enjoy now?
The lengths people go to...

The movie explains pretty thoroughly why Pa Kent deeply felt that Clark shouldn’t have saved him:

Really believed (too fanatically for some) that the world wasn’t ready for Clark. Is it out of the realm of plausibility that someone’s beliefs would go that far to the point of death?

It was consistent with the character throughout the entirety of the film; since Clark was young he told him not to use his power.

Back
Top Bottom