DC Studios THREAD - GunnVerse Begins - The Penguin out 9/19 then every Sunday on MAX

Yup, he told his son to let a bus of children drown, great parenting

Regardless if it was “great parenting or not” he deeply believed it.

Also, he didn’t say not to save those kids, he wasn’t even sure what Clark was supposed to do.

It came off to me that Pa Kent was being overly protective of a being who’s incredibly powerful, he was kinda playing this as he went along.

I love how all the critics of this film are are experts in raising god-like beings lol.

I would never let my dad die if I had the power to save him

Even if he would believe in dying for my secret identity, I'd save him and let him yell at me later

If you would do it, that says a lot about you :lol:

Sadly, Pa Kent dying the way he did might only be the third stupidest thing to happen in the dceu

They went too hard on the opposite parents thing becuase the writers were too dumb to come up with a way to create a believable contrast between the two. So....... you kill pa lol. Good thing is Snyder-Man is dead

I would never let my dad die if I had the power to save him

Even if he would believe in dying for my secret identity, I'd save him and let him yell at me later

If you would do it, that says a lot about you :lol:

Sadly, Pa Kent dying the way he did might only be the third stupidest thing to happen in the dceu

:lol: I wouldn’t either but we live in a world where people voted for Trump into office; you think a majority of those folks are rational?

Lol, I’m just saying both Clark and Pa Kent’s actions were consistent with the characters of the movie. Just because I don’t agree with it doesn’t make the movie bad for me. If it compelled or garner some reaction from me it worked, regardless of how I feel about it.

So how long these fictional characters like Spider Man, Batman and Superman gonna get milked?

Seems like they do this every year

Im watchin MOS right now and all the Krypton stuff is amazing.

DCEU straight uo forgot all about Kalnhavin all of the surviving Krypton dna in his body

Need MOS 2 asap.

i cant defend the whole pa kent stuff. i know what they were trying to convey but it was just stupid

you are superman you save people. save your ******* dad.

you dont even have to look like you have super powers in order to save him. smallville clark kent woulda saved him and made it look like he never left.

man they could have made a krypton trilogy leading into a superman trilogy. wouldnt even have to create a shared universe. little cameos here and there.

Warner Bros. Announces Official 'Joker' Cast & Crew

Following up on a first look at Joaquin Phoenix as the Joker, Warner Bros. has announced the official cast and crew of the upcoming Todd Phillips-directed Joker movie, an origins film on the iconic DC Comics villain, whose real name is Arthur Fleck.

In addition to Joaquin Phoenix in the title role, the official cast confirms Robert De Niro and Brett Cullen as Batman’s father Thomas Wayne — previously rumored to be played by Alec Baldwin. Bradley Cooper will join the crew as producer alongside Phillips.

“The film also stars Zazie Beetz (Deadpool 2), Bill Camp (Red Sparrow, Molly’s Game), Frances Conroy (American Horror Story, Castle Rock), Brett Cullen (42, Narcos), Glenn Fleshler (Billions, Barry), Douglas Hodge (Red Sparrow, Penny Dreadful), Marc Maron (Maron, GLOW), Josh Pais (Motherless Brooklyn, Going in Style), and Shea Whigham (First Man, Kong: Skull Island),” Warner Bros. announces.

Joker is slated to release on October 4, 2019.

Last edited:
Yup, he told his son to let a bus of children drown, great parenting
well. yeah. what did you expect a farmer to say. Farmers aren't experts in space and the extraterrestrial.
He was torn himself. I'm starting to think SOME people didn't really pay attention- which I get.

Pa Kent dying that way gave Supes his weakest moment ever on film. He was torn between obeying his father
that he respects and saving the person he loves. I GET IT, but I also understand why certain people won't like it.

Last edited:
They could of delivered that message in a much better way without him dying. He could of got really sick rendering Superman “powerless” to the situation. Something like that is MUCH more meaningful that an F5 Tornado killing him as he just stands there with people 20 yards away that are somehow just fine

i cant defend the whole pa kent stuff. i know what they were trying to convey but it was just stupid

you are superman you save people. save your ****ing dad.

you dont even have to look like you have super powers in order to save him. smallville clark kent woulda saved him and made it look like he never left.

man they could have made a krypton trilogy leading into a superman trilogy. wouldnt even have to create a shared universe. little cameos here and there.

See this is where I’m at too...I get what they were trying to do with it but the way it turned out just didn’t hit...To me, if anything it showed how much Snyder just didn’t fundamentally get the character...We get this whole backstory of Clark pushing back against Johnathan, saving the kids on the bus, wanting to destroy the bullies...Then they pick this exact moment to have Clark take his fathers advice and let him die...Everything we’ve been told about Clark prior to that event in his life would indicate that he’s going to go out there and save his dad, despite of, and some may say in spite of what Johnathan was telling him to do...I mean they just had an argument in the car where Clark basically tells Pa that he isn’t his dad and he can’t tell him what to do, literally right before they exit the car due to the tornado...

I know it was used to put Clark in this overall will they accept me or vilify me angle they were going for, to protect others or to protect myself, decide what type of man you want to be etc...But there were certainly other ways to get his character there...

I always like the death by heart attack angle personally...If you have to kill off Pa Kent do it in a way that Clark has no control over...Death by tornado was completely preventable with all of Clark’s abilities at that point...

Last edited:
well. yeah. what did you expect a farmer to say. Farmers aren't experts in space and the extraterrestrial.
He was torn himself. I'm starting to think SOME people didn't really pay attention- which I get.

Pa Kent dying that way gave Supes his weakest moment ever on film. He was torn between obeying his father
that he respects and saving the person he loves. I GET IT, but I also understand why certain people won't like it.
Lol you don't have to be an expert in space and extraterrestrials to know that you're supposed to save kids from drowning

Not to mention 10 mins of hologram dad completely undid 20-30 years of pa Kent’s teachings? Snyder is trash

Last edited:
It’s just how Snyder does his movies...Instead of flushing out a story and working the visuals to fit, he imagines the visuals first and then tries to tie the story through those...Tornado killing Johnathan Kent was put in there simply because he thought it would look cool, I’m absolutely convinced of that...

Not to knock Snyder because he really knows how to film an action set piece...I’ve been saying for years that if Snyder would’ve gotten himself hooked up with or at the very least been more open to a halfway decent writer helping him out, well, we wouldn’t be having this conversation right now...

Zack Snyder reveals that The Atom was cut from Justice League

CinemaBlend reports that director Zack Snyder originally had another superhero slated to appear in last year’s Justice League, but never made it into the final cut of the film. According to the report, Snyder had planned on including Ryan Choi, better known as The Atom. Choi’s name appeared on a computer monitor in one Justice League scene, and a promotional image showed Silas Stone, the father of Cyborg, standing next to an unnamed scientist. Synder confirmed that the scientist in the image was, in fact, Choi, as played by Orion Lee.

It’s unclear if Choi would’ve appeared in the film as The Atom, but it seems that Snyder was laying the groundwork for future DCEU movies. Once Joss Whedon took over after Snyder exited the project, the scene was left of the cutting room floor. A different iteration of The Atom appears on The CW series DC’s Legends of Tomorrow, played by Brandon Routh (Superman Returns), though his alter ego is Ray Palmer, another character who had the mantle.

Back
Top Bottom