DC Studios THREAD - GunnVerse Begins - The Penguin out 9/19 then every Sunday on MAX

giphy.gif

Momoa-man -- 5.5 / 8

- I'm a bit biased bc Aquaman is a favorite
- Visuals were great -- the Trench scene was so clutch and Orm's fits were fuego
- Pacing felt off at some parts -- def could've shortened some scenes
- Music choice was ehh -- did DC get paid to use some of those pop songs?
- Agreed with danger style danger style -- Momoa-man can't do romantic comedy, but I'm sure he smashed Heard irl
- Patrick Wilson as Orm was a highlight -- I also dig that Wan hooks his homies up (Wilson was in Conjuring)
- Whole theater was cheering when Momoa-man got the final costume + when they kissed with bombs going off around him
- Whole theater was groaning when Momoa-man was doing work in the sub scene -- so brutal

Last edited:
Momoa-man -- 5.5 / 8

- I'm a bit biased bc Aquaman is a favorite
- Visuals were great -- the Trench scene was so clutch and Orm's fits were fuego
- Pacing felt off at some parts -- def could've shortened some scenes
- Music choice was ehh -- did DC get paid to use some of those pop songs?
- Agreed with danger style danger style --
- Patrick Wilson as Orm was a highlight -- I also dig that Wan hooks his homies up (Wilson was in Conjuring)
Nah. I think Patrick deserves most, if not all the credit.
He's proven his chops in just about all genres.
But Wan and Mamoa ain't ever lead a superhero flick of this magnitude and budget .
So props to PW for signing up for what i hope isn't a sinking ship; that is the DCEU.

James Wan:

"It’s pretty crazy. For as big a movie as “Aquaman” is, I could not have had more freedom. I had all the big tools and the budget to paint on a really big canvas, but with the freedom I had on, let’s say, “Saw” or “Insidious.” So if the movie works, or doesn’t work, I have no one to blame but myself."

Yeah was wondering and looked into how he fell off, looks like he had some physical injuries that lead to depression for a bit. That's understandable though.

I will never criticize Fraser
No man should get this wrecked by divorce / child support

The divorce took a huge financial toll and in 2013 Fraser was forced to petition the court to reduce his spousal support sum because he couldn’t meet the annual payment.

https://thenewdaily.com.au/entertainment/celebrity/2017/06/08/brendan-fraser-2017/

Easily a 6/8 for me.

Just got out of the theater about an hour ago and I absolutely enjoyed the hell outta the movie. Although the pacing in the beginning did feel a little weird, I thought the 2nd and 3rd acts were fuggin fantastic!

Boss took our team out for Aquaman today and I was entertained. i thought DC finally did a good job.

I was waiting for the last post credit scene, but no one wanted to stay but me. So I had to go:smh:

Anyone mind sharing what the scene was?

Boss took our team out for Aquaman today and I was entertained. i thought DC finally did a good job.

I was waiting for the last post credit scene, but no one wanted to stay but me. So I had to go:smh:

Anyone mind sharing what the scene was?

https://screenrant.com/aquaman-after-credits-scene-black-manta-dceu-future/

to be honest, you didn't miss much and there was only a mid-credit and no end-credit

black manta survived and saying he's gon' be back for revenge

Only if Khaleesi could heal a stab wound like Mera than GoT would have ended like 3 seasons ago :smh:

Orm and Black Manta already one of the better villains in the DCEU

The costumes were visually beautiful. Like straight outta the comics.

Visual effects were great.

I enjoyed the treasure hunt for the trident.

The trench scene was amazing. Wan absolutely murked that **** and you can really see his sense of horror slightly coming through enough for the suspense.

Wan using the visual representation when talking to the sea animals is straight from the old school justice league cartoons :lol: :pimp:

Amber Herd/Mera <3

There were some scenes that I didn’t like, the very cliche close ups/slow motions of Bromoa, but i can honestly look past that for all the other great things in this movie. There were also some corny lines, although I’m not sure if they were just corny lines or if Bromoa just couldn’t deliver them properly.

Loved the movie.

Last edited:
I think this movie will perform like Ready Player One but slightly better. About $650-750 mil worldwide max

Just got out of the theater about an hour ago and I absolutely enjoyed the hell outta the movie. Although the pacing in the beginning did feel a little weird, I thought the 2nd and 3rd acts were fuggin fantastic!

Just got out myself and couldnt agree more. Liked it a lot!

Please excuse the ignorance, but can someone school me on why you guys use a 1-8 scale? Seems like such a random number. Has to be a reason, right?

Back
Top Bottom