DC Studios THREAD - GunnVerse Begins - The Penguin out 9/19 then every Sunday on MAX

Purple :pimp:

tumblr_pigei3MpnV1uorz8zo3_r2_540.gif

tumblr_pigei3MpnV1uorz8zo1_r1_540.gif

Mera's power in the movie was :pimp: esp with the wine Ice pick

Enjoyed more than I hated. Basically everything before and after Sahara/Italy act was entertaining, but man, the dialogue and attempt at comedy just completely fell flat in those scenes, and that romantic montage in Italy was cringe!

Just came back. I liked. Black Manta is awesome. Also loved seeing Arthur in the Sea Master armour. Also loved some of the fx like when the Arthur & Mera dove into the trench.

My only criticisms is that it was too long & these comic movies do a piss poor job of creating iconic scores for these heros.

Rocky has his various scores, Reeve’s Superman had his... Star Wars & even Indy had their iconic & certainly identifiable scores.

These comic movies just don’t have that... When my son used to sit & play with Legos or action figures, he’d hum songs from a movie like Vader’s March. There’s no identifiable tunes like that in these movies.

These directors just don’t have vision to complete a movie like that....

Black Manta though, kinda feel like I did when I first saw Boba Fett in Empire Strikes Back... When he first appeared in the Atlantean armour. :sick::pimp:

Even though it was too long, I enjoyed it...

Last edited:
Aquaman 5.6/8

I mean I liked it more than JL, WW, and MoS.

I totally get all the complaints about this movie being 3 flicks in one and the like but none of that bothered me as much as the spotty cgi in some places and the bland acting, even for a superhero flick, and the score and soundtrack was pure trash. I feel like whoever did it was trying to sabotage this movie.

With the cgi some scenes just looked terrible. Kidman jumping in to the ocean, Aquabro and Mera in the Sahara, some of the underwater shots. Then in 3rd act big fight this movie was mirroring Avatar and Clone Wars to me. Just ugly looking.

What I liked best about the movie was most of the action. When Wan wasn't doing uncessary camera shots and angles the action was real good. Kidman came off like she could fight even with the Hollywood trickery.

Patrick Wilson made a good villain. Way better than playing a hero in Watchmen.

Snyder must've written the opening scene with Aquabro. Just gonna let dude's father die and talk some bull **** about the mercy of the sea.

Hopefully Black Manta kills his mother and father in the sequel. He shined in some scenes but that garbage music they played while he made his suit :smh:

The watered down similarities to Black Panther was funny too. Aquabro gets washed by his younger bro and gets the blatant interference save. Then in the rematch he doesnt even kill dude basically leaving a liability and threat to the throne. Low-key but obvious Orm is right about surface dwellers poisoning the seas and planet.

Last edited:
Got back from it awhile ago.

Overall I enjoyed it with no expectations at all. Loved all the ancient civilizations stuff, the creatures, and action.

The Trench scene was AMAZING imo

Loved the action was wide shot so you can see the movement and not shaky cam.

Amber Heard tho :smokin she was great as Mera and loved her powers. So dope

Loved Black Manta he was the highlight of the movie for me, hope to see him in the next one with a even larger role. Jus wish he was in it more.

Only thing I didn’t like was the music being played while Black Manta was making the suit.

Jus my opinion

I cant see how so many people liked Black Manta :lol:
They didn't show enough of him to dislike.

He showed he had balls in his first appearance and then really beat the **** out of Aquabro in Italy before that nonsensical loss needed for the plot to move forward.

I guess. His inclusion felt forced and I got nothing from the character at all. That whole suit montage was awful to me and he wasn't given anything to work with as far as development goes. Felt like he was in here for introductory purposes because he's an important character. Film would've been better to me if they would've focused on one villian. As a result both villains suffered because of it.

I found it funny how they went from humans living under the sea skip merfolk and go right to Abe Sapien and crab ppl :rofl:

I guess. His inclusion felt forced and I got nothing from the character at all. That whole suit montage was awful to me and he wasn't given anything to work with as far as development goes. Felt like he was in here for introductory purposes because he's an important character. Film would've been better to me if they would've focused on one villian. As a result both villains suffered because of it.
I felt it was clear cut for Manta. This bastard let his father die and he wants his revenge. Before that he was just a hired surface dwelling pirate.

If anything I feel like Orm's development and motivation just thrived and dominated the movie. He did everything short of killing his mom when he saw her.

Went in with super low expectations which normally leads to me enjoying movies more but wasn't the case this time. This movie SUCKED in my opinion. Cringey dialogue and the shift in tone midway through was so out of place. Once they got on that plane the movie turned into a Disney channel romantic comedy. :lol: AquaMan doing super hero landings every 5 min. Black Manta sucked (but he looked cool). Movie dragged on for way to long and when the film realizes that a scene is dragging on it goes, "BOOM!" Random explosion to start another action scene. Couple cool moments but I hated this movie. I was looking at my watch waiting on it to end.

black manta and his daddy sawft as hell pirates. Killed some submarine guys and tried to kill Aquaman then ask for help when they in trouble.

Even though I didn't hate it, watching Aquaman was the first time seeing a superhero movie in theaters where I worried that comic book movie fatigue was a real thing that could hurt all cbms.

Last edited:
Ended up seeing the movie. Wasn’t “trash”, but damn near it with just a handful of things saving it. Perfect comparison is the first bay transformers. Cool things sandwiched between horrible everything else that at times made no sense. OVERLY LONG is an understatement

Just finished watching.. honestly besides the haka and the whole Samoan stuff they tried to blend in, movie was dope AF. Def. Better than Superman vs. Batman.

The movie was too long. And I think some of you had mentioned it already, but I also feel some of the action felt transformers-esque, or Michael Bay-ish. Overdid it a bit much with the cgi.

Chick who played Mera made the movie more interesting than it had a right to be. She wasn't just eye candy..she had good chemistry with Jason Momoa's character and she had a stage presence. I would've liked her for Captain Marvel.

Jason Momoa did his job. He was charismatic and versatile. He did the bad *** part of his job well, but he was also able to switch it up and be comedic at times.

I was hoping for the movie to be funnier. There was really only two times I laughed out loud.

Overall, movie was easily the second best dceu movie behind Wonder Woman. If it was funnier, paced better, and the action less overly long it might've had a chance to be number one.

*edit

Also I think they could've saved the black manta character for another movie.

Back
Top Bottom