DC Studios THREAD - GunnVerse Begins - The Penguin out 9/19 then every Sunday on MAX

DC is something else.

They tried.

So, how'd DC lose the Captain Marvel copyright to Marvel?

Captain Marvel was originally by a company called Fawcett
- He was a massive success.
- Was actually more popular than Superman at one point.
- DC didn't like this one bit, they sued Cap Marvel's creators to hell.
- DC won the lawsuit, Fawcett couldn't use the Big Red Cheese anymore.
- DC now had the rights, but completely cancelled all Cap Marvel stuff out of spite.
- Years pass. Cap Marvel has all but died.
- Timely Publications becomes Marvel.
- Marvel creates their own hero called Captain Marvel. Is nothing like Supez.
- Marvel trademarks the guy. Takes the name.
- DC says "Oh ****, we messed up!" and tries to sue Marvel for infringing on their rights.
- Marvel wins the lawsuit since Cap Marvel did nothing during DC's ownership of him.
- Some time later, DC brings back Cap Marvel, is no longer allowed to call the comic that, and the book is renamed Shazam.
- To this day, DC can't use Captain Marvel as a comic book name, because they were greedy

Him not having a name in the film actually works as a running gag, intentional or not.....

At least I wasn't bored with this one unlike Captain Marvel....

Going be super disappointed if this isn't better of the 2, I'm expecting antman level

and it works for this and as long as it's just him and his friends.. but if they hopefully eventually figure things out and end up doing the team up move, he can't show up and say "I'm shazam" for obvious reasons

But literally he had the name over 25 years before marvel used the name.. but DC know they gotta take the L

Do you ever post your thoughts on a DC film instead of just trolling Marvel in a DC thread?

What else he got

Went from "Bruce Wayne" to a name with marvel in it.. meanwhile marvel created and empire without any character on batman's level to start with

I’ve been watching all these Batman movies on the DC Universe app and gotta day I think Batman Ninja at first I laughed at but when I got done watching it was really good. The visuals was just awesome. Bane as a sumo wrestler just had me crying but that was a great take on the Batman story. :pimp:

We need to keep this thread active. Marvel thread is damn near trash now.

Y'all think Black Adam appears before the sequel?

I’ve been watching all these Batman movies on the DC Universe app and gotta day I think Batman Ninja at first I laughed at but when I got done watching it was really good. The visuals was just awesome. Bane as a sumo wrestler just had me crying but that was a great take on the Batman story. :pimp:

batman ninja was not good.. neither was gotham by gaslight

Snyder literally ruined DC’s shared movie universe before it could really get started with BvS. The effects are still being felt years later and will continue to be felt because DC won’t and can’t hiatus these films now due to recent successes. Batman is getting rebooted with a new actor and new Joker since Leto is out but you still have Robbie as Harley. You need her in suicide squad 2 or whatever it’s going to be called to sell tickets cause she was its main draw...along with Joker...who is being rebooted. But he’s not gonna be played by the actor who is about to play him this fall... :smh: so we’re going to see 3 different actors playing Joker in 4 years in what’s supposed to be a shared universe.

Back
Top Bottom