DC Studios THREAD - GunnVerse Begins - The Penguin out 9/19 then every Sunday on MAX

55942413_2129904440427203_4342316883201692759_n.jpg

New stuff coming out about amber heard and depp. Wonder if we’ll see her in aquaman 2 or mera gets a recast.

JOKER Described As "A Character Study Of A Mentally Ill Person That Becomes The Joker" By Star Marc Maron

The first trailer for Joker is expected to be attached to Shazam! next weekend and now some new details have been revealed about what we should expect courtesy of star Marc Maron.

It's thought that the comedian and G.L.O.W. star will play a producer on the talk show hosted by Robert DeNiro's character and while he didn't delve into his character, Maron did explain why he decided to join the project despite previously stating that he's not the biggest fan of the comic book genre.

"I think it’s a very interesting approach to this world," Maron explained. "I’ve been somewhat judgemental when it comes to comic book movies and I’ve got a little pushback in the press for being a hypocrite. Whatever I think, if you get a call and someone says, ‘Hey do you wanna do a scene with Robert De Niro and Joaquin Phoenix?’ your principals fall to the wayside."

He then went on to say that director Todd Phillips is delivering a very different sort of comic book movie and will delve into what leads someone with a mental illness to adopt the Joker persona.

"If it’s relative to what I think of Marvel movies then it’s like, ‘Yeah, of course I’m gonna do that’. Oddly, it’s not that kind of movie. The approach that Todd Phillips has taken is more of an origin story and a character study of a mentally ill person that becomes The Joker. It’s more of an intimate and gritty movie with a very specific scope. It’s going to be really interesting to see how it comes out."

Gonna show Batman brutally assaulting someone mentally ill

Just read up some on the recent Depp-Heard stuff, sounds like a real life version of Gone Girl.

Finally saw Aquaman. Film is okay, I would put WW and Shazam over it. Not sure about MoS though. Have to rewatch it. I did like the fact that the film didn't take itself serious all the time but Momoa was a bit too goofy at times. Some of the set pieces looked too fake to me like the scene right before Aquaman goes through the waterfall. That set looked like some Nickelodeon ****. Black Manta's looked cool but looked too plastic to me. I would've liked something more metallic and worn. I did like how Atlantic looked, how the Aquaman suit looked. Manta as the B villain was dope, he had an interesting story and legitimate beef with Aquaman. Mera was hot and reminded me of Ariel the whole time (this is the 30th anniversary of Little Mermaid). Dolph Lundgren and Willem Dafoe, great casting choices. Aquaman's pops was cool too. Definitely dug the Polynesian aspect, it was a great idea to cast a Polynesian person in that role.

Back
Top Bottom