DC Studios THREAD - GunnVerse Begins - The Penguin out 9/19 then every Sunday on MAX

Snyder literally ruined DC’s shared movie universe before it could really get started with BvS. The effects are still being felt years later and will continue to be felt because DC won’t and can’t hiatus these films now due to recent successes. Batman is getting rebooted with a new actor and new Joker since Leto is out but you still have Robbie as Harley. You need her in suicide squad 2 or whatever it’s going to be called to sell tickets cause she was its main draw...along with Joker...who is being rebooted. But he’s not gonna be played by the actor who is about to play him this fall... :smh: so we’re going to see 3 different actors playing Joker in 4 years in what’s supposed to be a shared universe.

WW was their chance to move away and yet they didnt.. even in aquabro they didnt just move on and act as if sshhh didnt happen

again, all dudes had to do was look at how marvel dealt with the incredible hulk.. hell how they dealt with war machine

:rofl: :smh: :stoneface: @ all those lame Snyder fanboys eating all of that garbage up.

I do have better sense of all the release the Snyder cut fanatics though.

Honestly dc should've reevaluated more carefully when MoS didn't break 700 mil

When MoS didn't break 700 mil, they thought that the solution was to add in Batman. So instead of MoS 2 they rushed a BvS.

Instead of realizing people wasn't feeling Snyder's vision of supes they doubled down on Snyder's ways and thought adding batman would fix things.

Now dc is slowly rectifying things with Aquaman and Shazam. Seems like Snyder bringing his old movies up with the press is just a sad way to stay relevant.

Dude's a limited director, sooner he figures that out the better off he'll be

From the sound of it, I doubt it

Might not be the biggest problem with Snyder but it was a huge one

He has a very specific visual style and if you're going have him spearhead the whole damn universe, then ever other film has to then adjust to that aesthetic

i like man of steel but you guys are making me mad

why did snyder have superman kill zod? zod was ******* cool. he could have sent him to the phantom zone for later films.

what yall think of jon cryer as lex luther? will probably be a better lex than jesse eisenberg

He actually is a better Lex already despite not looking the part. Writing was better than BvS even if it was packed with details of Lex being a genius mastermind.

That Snyder isn't in demand, has no slate of movies for him to direct should say enough. Son has all the free time in the world to dwell on his past whack *** movie and talk about how he ****** it up and all the bad plans he had.

Hes pretty much done unless he does a movie for an indie comic, going back to what made him successful like with 300. Other than that I'd assume Sony would have to be desperate to bring him in to direct some Spider-Man spinoff character :lol:

JOKER Described As "A Character Study Of A Mentally Ill Person That Becomes The Joker" By Star Marc Maron

The first trailer for Joker is expected to be attached to Shazam! next weekend and now some new details have been revealed about what we should expect courtesy of star Marc Maron.

It's thought that the comedian and G.L.O.W. star will play a producer on the talk show hosted by Robert DeNiro's character and while he didn't delve into his character, Maron did explain why he decided to join the project despite previously stating that he's not the biggest fan of the comic book genre.

"I think it’s a very interesting approach to this world," Maron explained. "I’ve been somewhat judgemental when it comes to comic book movies and I’ve got a little pushback in the press for being a hypocrite. Whatever I think, if you get a call and someone says, ‘Hey do you wanna do a scene with Robert De Niro and Joaquin Phoenix?’ your principals fall to the wayside."

He then went on to say that director Todd Phillips is delivering a very different sort of comic book movie and will delve into what leads someone with a mental illness to adopt the Joker persona.

"If it’s relative to what I think of Marvel movies then it’s like, ‘Yeah, of course I’m gonna do that’. Oddly, it’s not that kind of movie. The approach that Todd Phillips has taken is more of an origin story and a character study of a mentally ill person that becomes The Joker. It’s more of an intimate and gritty movie with a very specific scope. It’s going to be really interesting to see how it comes out."

Honestly dc should've reevaluated more carefully when MoS didn't break 700 mil

When MoS didn't break 700 mil, they thought that the solution was to add in Batman. So instead of MoS 2 they rushed a BvS.

Instead of realizing people wasn't feeling Snyder's vision of supes they doubled down on Snyder's ways and thought adding batman would fix things.

Now dc is slowly rectifying things with Aquaman and Shazam. Seems like Snyder bringing his old movies up with the press is just a sad way to stay relevant.

Actually, he had a screening of BVSUE and a Q&A with fans. It was the fans that asked him these questions. So your assertion that he keeps bringing up his old movies is incorrect. And he's about to direct a zombie movie for Netflix and he and his wife are still producing movies for the DCEU. So how does he need to stay relevant?

ummdc-01_batman_zeroyear_a02.jpg

ummdc-01_batman_zeroyear_a04.jpg

Arnold as Batman
ummdc-01_batman_zeroyear_b02.jpg

JOKER Described As "A Character Study Of A Mentally Ill Person That Becomes The Joker" By Star Marc Maron

The first trailer for Joker is expected to be attached to Shazam! next weekend and now some new details have been revealed about what we should expect courtesy of star Marc Maron.

It's thought that the comedian and G.L.O.W. star will play a producer on the talk show hosted by Robert DeNiro's character and while he didn't delve into his character, Maron did explain why he decided to join the project despite previously stating that he's not the biggest fan of the comic book genre.

"I think it’s a very interesting approach to this world," Maron explained. "I’ve been somewhat judgemental when it comes to comic book movies and I’ve got a little pushback in the press for being a hypocrite. Whatever I think, if you get a call and someone says, ‘Hey do you wanna do a scene with Robert De Niro and Joaquin Phoenix?’ your principals fall to the wayside."

He then went on to say that director Todd Phillips is delivering a very different sort of comic book movie and will delve into what leads someone with a mental illness to adopt the Joker persona.

"If it’s relative to what I think of Marvel movies then it’s like, ‘Yeah, of course I’m gonna do that’. Oddly, it’s not that kind of movie. The approach that Todd Phillips has taken is more of an origin story and a character study of a mentally ill person that becomes The Joker. It’s more of an intimate and gritty movie with a very specific scope. It’s going to be really interesting to see how it comes out."
This is exactly what I wanted. Hope it’s good

Jai still employed

THE SUICIDE SQUAD Will Feature The Return Of Jai Courtney As Captain Boomerang

In a new interview, Jai Courtney has confirmed that he will return as Captain Boomerang in the sequel/reboot and this does actually make sense, especially as we know Will Smith was courted to return as Deadshot before scheduling conflicts resulted in Idris Elba replacing him as the anti-hero.

"We’re getting ready to shoot in a few months’ time," the Australian actor confirmed. "There’s not much else I can reveal about it but yes, you’ll be seeing Boomerang back for sure. I’m happy, it’s going to be fun. It will be different, for sure, but it’s going to be great."

Back
Top Bottom