DC Studios THREAD - GunnVerse Begins - The Penguin out 9/19 then every Sunday on MAX

Lmao I thought this thread was way back I went to like page 6 , thought this was the marvel thread lmao

Screenshot_20190517-140041_Instagram.jpg

Just teasing of course.

Another thing; I thought we trusted Matt Reeves as a director? The man hasn't come out with any trash to date.

The Eisenberg comparisons don't work. That's an instance of a questionable and controversial director (Snyder) casting an unusual choice for an iconic character. One sees the angle they were going for with Lex (evil genius silicon valley exec instead of traditional evil genius exec) but the physical appearance and demeanor of the actor didn't fit the nature of the character. It's generally accepted that Eisenberg was a misfire for that and for writing reasons.

Nolan and Reeves aren't questionable or controversial directors, even if you aren't the biggest fan of the DK trilogy.

Let's look at it quantitatively and objectively:

A director known for his polarizing films that are all over the place critically (Snyder) casts an unusual choice for an iconic character (Eisenberg). The actor's physical appearance and mannerisms don't match the character are all.

A director known for his work on quality films (Nolan, Reeves) casts an unusual choice for an iconic character (Ledger, Pattinson). The actor is not known to be a bad or untalented actor. The physical profile and demeanor of the actor are not inconsistent with that of the character (Rob is taller than Bale and Keaton. We presume he will build muscle as Bale did. With Joker it's literally a matter of makeup and hair dye).

And this is in no way comparing Ledger and Pattison's abilities so nobody hit me with that.
All Reeves got to his name are those ape movies. When has he been beyond reproach? Or just automatically trusted with any movie franchise he helms?

Since when are we putting his name next to Christopher Nolan? Nolan got a variety of great work which he earned with more than one movie franchise

I get that you want to say Reeves is not like Snyder and I agree but that doesnt mean that ppl cant question his casting choices.
And what would’ve of been the best choice to play Batman? No matter who was pick to play Batman it was never going to make everyone happy.
Yeah but there are plenty of actors that sre in better standing than Pattinson.

Its not about making everyone happy but clearly you have to know Pattinson woyld get this reaction. Lets not pretend otherwise.

We wouldnt be getting this level of criticism if Jake Gyllenhaal or even Ryan Gosling.

Last edited:
reeves wanted a lot involved iirc, a la comic books so we might see more especially if its going to be detective-centric

articles does specifically say "includes catwoman and penguin"

It will be nice if we can finally get a Batman that doesn’t become overshadowed by his rogues gallery. Batman Begins was as close as we have gotten imo.
And that's really only cuz Nolan didnt cover the full scope of Ra's Al Ghul.

Made him more of just a mass murdering terrorist with absolute views instead of the centuries old mastermind that is more in line with Thanos.

reeves wanted a lot involved iirc, a la comic books so we might see more especially if its going to be detective-centric

articles does specifically say "includes catwoman and penguin"
Yeah I remember that and it didnt sound that different from the script when Battffleck was involved where the movie sounded like Batman taking on a bunch of his rogue's gallery with cameos by other villains. But the tweet singles out Penguin and Catwoman. We just saw Nolanversiom of Catwoman.

I just hope the detective part is played up more. To me it'd be easier to just adapt Batman Year One.

Lol and now they’re setting him up to do a remake of Batman Returns :smh:

This isn’t going to end well.

Back
Top Bottom