DC Studios THREAD - GunnVerse Begins - The Penguin out 9/19 then every Sunday on MAX

“This trailer nailed the tone and intention of the film I made. Methodical. Layered. Complex, beautiful and sad. After the BVS reviews shell shocked the leadership at the time, and the success of Deadpool - My soulful drama was beaten into a ‘comedy’”

The trailer he's talking about

The trailer he's talking about

The trash of Snyder's BvS strikes again :lol:

I remember how WB/DC was in straight panic mode when they let Snyder have free reign to make that garbage. The blowback was strong. Still got mileage to this day.

I want a DC animated Knightfall movie. Batman, Bane, Azrael. TDKR didn’t quench my thirst.

they really need to just churn out animated films for their whole catalog like a factory at this point, hbo max has more than enough budget to get them to crank out a film a month at this point

i vaguely remember that each film cost about $3m to produce but it almost always get such a great reaction that its worth the investment, hell shoot multi-parters so you can get 2-3 films out of that $3m budget

they really need to just churn out animated films for their whole catalog like a factory at this point, hbo max has more than enough budget to get them to crank out a film a month at this point

i vaguely remember that each film cost about $3m to produce but it almost always get such a great reaction that its worth the investment, hell shoot multi-parters so you can get 2-3 films out of that $3m budget

Yep and after the immense positive reaction of arguably the recent best DC Animated movie they’ve made? they’d be stupid not to go with your idea.

THE BATMAN Concept Models Provide A More Detailed Look At The New Batmobile

1591044432455.jpeg

1591044453602.jpeg

1591044469782.jpeg

1591044487326.jpeg

1591044527717.jpeg

Watchmen Showrunner Damon Lindelof on Possible Man of Steel Sequel

ComicBook.com recently caught up with Lindelof ahead of the release of his Watchmen series on home media this coming week and according to the writer, he’s flattered to even be considered to write a story featuring one of the biggest superheroes ever created.

“It’s immensely flattering to even be considered for … I think that obviously he’s up there with Batman and the two kind of the big two. It’s incredibly daunting,” Lindelof tells us. “I think the challenge with Superman is always going to be what does Superman mean in the contemporary framework? For a character, for a culture that’s basically moved into this sphere of antiheroes, how do you make space for Superman who is sort of the original superhero?”

That’s when Lindelof points out the fact Abrams had previously written a script for a Superman feature all the way back in 2002. As the writer puts it, the studio was looking to pit Superman and Batman against each other long before the DCEU and Zack Snyder’s Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice came around.

“But it’s interesting that you mentioned J.J. because long before I worked with him on Lost, J.J. actually wrote a Superman script that never got made for a variety of reasons mostly of which I think is like that Wolfgang Petersen was trying to make a Superman Versus Batman movie,” the writer adds. “They were also trying to do JLA. This was all before Chris Nolan came in and basically took over Batman, et cetera, but it all kind of just got lost in the wash. He’s had a long-term obsession with Superman. I guess what I would say is I would love to see a J.J. Superman movie, but I don’t have a take on the character that would be better than that.”

Watched jla apokolips war a few nights ago. Was awesome. What's up with the art style of their animated movies though? They change character designs every 2-3 movies. I was reading the credits and it was almost all Asian names. Anyway, glad Wonder Woman is back to her original costume, the mostly navy/red/silver one looked whack. Looks like they got rid of the chinstraps on the masked characters.

At this point since it wont be that hack Snyder I'd assume a new director wouldn't even want to follow up with the same title. Probably wont be a Mos sequel. Whether JJ or somebody else they'll call it something else and start relatively fresh even if Cavill still has the role.

Similar to the upcoming animated movie something like Man of Tomorrow or one of Superman's other aliases.

Watched jla apokolips war a few nights ago. Was awesome. What's up with the art style of their animated movies though? They change character designs every 2-3 movies. I was reading the credits and it was almost all Asian names. Anyway, glad Wonder Woman is back to her original costume, the mostly navy/red/silver one looked whack. Looks like they got rid of the chinstraps on the masked characters.
Get ready for it to change again.

I fell asleep watching the previous justice league dark movie. Need to try again.

Also damian is a douche and I enjoy seeing him get vaporized. When Blue Beetle did it, it was great.

BANE Spinoff In The Vein Of JOKER Or Possible Appearance In THE BATMAN Sequel Considered By Warner Bros.

Joker was a bigger success than even Warner Bros. expected, and there have been rumblings for a while now about a potential sequel and other villain-led spinoffs. Now, a report from Heroic Hollywood's Umberto Gonzalez indicates that there could be big plans in place for Bane.

Bear in mind that Gonzalez recently broke the news that Henry Cavill could be returning to the DCEU as Superman, along with the planned release of Zack Snyder's Justice League on HBO Max.

"After the surprise success of Joaquin Phoenix's award winning Joker, Heroic Hollywood has exclusively learned that there was going to be an attempt to pitch a Bane standalone film to DC executives," the site reports. "In a similar way to the Todd Philips film, it could've offered a filmmaker the chance to explore the villain's psyche with a character study, although hopefully with a little more brawling."

"A potential pitch for the film would have loosely used the Vengeance of Bane story from the comics as the basis for the script,"
the report continues. "The plot would've introduced Bane to the DC Universe revealing that his tragic origin began before he was even born. Since Batman is key to his motivation across the arc, the Bat could've existed somewhere in the film, even if it was just as a looming presence over Gotham City."

Unfortunately, this Bane project didn't even get to the pitch stage, but there's a good reason for that. Gonzalez concludes by noting that this potential standalone story is, "officially off the table, in the event that Warner Bros. might use him in a future Batman film."

Sources close to TCN have confirmed that HBO wants Ben Affleck, Jared Leto, and Joe Manganiello for an original Batman project. This follows reports last week that AT&T and WarnerMedia want Affleck to return as the Caped Crusader. Affleck is also in talks to return to the director’s chair and to adapt his original script, with Zack Snyder producing.

The return of Affleck’s Batman will either be a miniseries or a DC film on HBO Max, as Warner Bros. is committed to Matt Reeves The Batman trilogy in theaters. Affleck’s project will likely follow the intended storyline teased by the post-credit scene of Justice League or Zack Snyder’s Justice League.

From what we have heard in the past, Affleck’s original The Batman script featured Arkham Asylum, Joker, Deathstroke, and more of Batman’s rogue gallery. If Affleck is back in the cowl, then getting Leto and Manganiello to reprise their roles of Joker and Deathstroke respectively would be key.

Damn its odd but WB really wants content for HBO Max :lol:

They should've never let Batffleck go out that way in the first place. A Bane flick would be cool but again desperate. Probably gonna see that before a Superman or Flash movie.

Welp, I'm not mad at this minus the Leto Joker being a thing again.

better to be a mini series. hell could space it out for multiple seasons. but do people really want to see that dc universe again?

If that's true, they really did butcher his movie with the theater release cause it didn't feel that way at all. He's kinda making me want to see this cut.

KINDA.

Back
Top Bottom